How is it really with DPS and Loot?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Voltron.1043

Voltron.1043

Q:

I have a question, and I would like someone to explain me whole system too. Dev response would be great!

So how this whole rewarding system working when killing mobs? I mean more DPS you do, more reewards/loot you get? If that is the case than most players re force to be glass cannons or RAW dmg DPS to even get a loot or gold medals in events/boss kiling. I think if thats is how this system is working then it would be little unfair fo people who want to play more defensive or more supportive characters.

I am in the moment when I have to choose my gear for next levels. So I really would like to go for more defensive/tanky spec but if that means I will get lower rewards, less loot or hardly silver medals compare to my fiance’s warrior (glass cannon) than I will have to go fully Power/Precision too.

Thanks for responses and I really hope some dev can clarify this for me

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

nope its a hard percentage number you need (meaning guess: 10 percent damage on an enemey)

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

You have to do X amount of damage to tag the mob to loot it. If you don’t do enough, no drops. Since ANET I don’t believe released any specific % of damage, try to do as much damage as possible. For some classes, that’s harder than others. For trash, AOE bursts are the only real way to get tags. For veterans and champions, classes relying on conditions are at major disadvantages, due to bleed caps. That cap fills up quick so if you’re at the end of the stick, all that damage isn’t hitting the mob at all, when your’e competing with other classes that have continuous burst potential.

Necro specifically has problems in this regard. Tagging is easy, since we have AOE. But, doing enough damage to get drops is NOT so easy. Don’t even know if you’re guaranteed a drop at all. Again, ANET is stingy with specifics , which is always frustrating and leads me to believe they don’t know their own systems.

Posted by: Voltron.1043

Voltron.1043

I am Necro, and so I am Well/Dagger DPS but I want to know if Toughness and Vitality/Power will be enough for it. Wells and Dagger auto do strong DPS. I am only lvl 35 so it is important for my new gear

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

You could be naked and still get past the threshold.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.