How is the Queen's Pavilion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Hi,

Heard rumors (actually, saw a couple of threads before they were deleted) saying that mobs didn’t drop anything and that the Pavilion isn’t really worth doing if you want to make some gold.

Is that true?

Thanks.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Pavilion is no longer a massive 1-1-1-1-1-1 loot farm.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

Yes.

Its seems it just for fun, not farming goldz.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Not rumors.

Mobs in the pavillion do not drop anything except festival tokens and gauntlet tickets.
Boss Blitz awards a couple champ bags and a green or two (for the whole meta event..not per boss)

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Just think of Queen’s Pavillion of last year…and throw it out the window.

The only similarities are the bosses’ names.

And it’s a glorified raid without the rewards.

Lankybrit.4598

OK thanks. Just looking for confirmation.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

I found it to be a good bit of fun. Did two runs of Boss Blitz.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The QP is not worth your effort. There are still almost zero loot drops from the vets and you get maybe 1-2 champ bags for killing 6 ramped up mobs that (from my experience all day yesterday and this morning) take anywhere around 50 minutes to an 1 1/2 to finish.

The only difference from last year is, we’re still mashing button 1, but we’re doing it for 20 minutes or so per champ instead of 2 minutes per champ and we’re doing it for almost no reward.

timmyf.1490

The Queen’s Pavilion will be great once all the people who came to zerg up, mash 1, and collect tons of loot leave.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The Queen’s Pavilion will be great once all the people who came to zerg up, mash 1, and collect tons of loot leave.

I haven’t done the Queen’s Pavilion yet. Everyone says the loot is very meager. After people have gotten the Living Story achieves what will keep them coming back and playing there? What will keep it full so that the late comers to this can also get their achieves? Are the boss fights so fun and rewarding that people are going to keep returning for that? What will be so great about it after so many have left?

Posted by: Arcade Fire.4895

Arcade Fire.4895

Do you actually do the events in the pavillion currently? Because I do. The amount of time and effort put in to get a kittenty champ box and greens (if you’re even that lucky) is not worth it.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I guess I’m just gonna keep playing Dark Souls 2 while I wait for real content to be released.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m getting my achievements done now because so many people have already stated in chat that once their achieves are done, they’re not coming back. It’s not worth it, so I seriously doubt anyone will be able to enjoy this content after the initial rush to finish achievements has passed. No one wants to bang on 6 bosses for an hour for 2 measly champ bags.

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

I haven’t done the Queen’s Pavilion yet. Everyone says the loot is very meager. After people have gotten the Living Story achieves what will keep them coming back and playing there? What will keep it full so that the late comers to this can also get their achieves? Are the boss fights so fun and rewarding that people are going to keep returning for that? What will be so great about it after so many have left?

Absolutely nothing.
Now let’s wait for that white knight posting that we shouldn’t play for reward.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Why talking about the future? It’s already completely deserted. I hope you enjoy the Pavilion with at most 20 people.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

anet still hasnt figured out effort vs reward.

the marionette was the best they’ve done…and then they do this? ..seriously anet! ??

Astral Projections.7320

I guess I better get my achieves as fast as possible then. It sounds like there will be tumbleweeds blowing through it after a few days.

timmyf.1490

Absolutely nothing.

The rewards will be much better when the players doing the content are better. 45m for 2 champ bags and a green is obviously terrible. But if you can get the, what, 8 for gold? In less than 8 minutes? That’s much better.

The problem right now is that the player base is doing it wrong.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

As someone said above, after I get my achievements, I am done with it. Not worth the time you put in if there is no drops other than tickets and tokens.

I could see them reducing drops, but no XP either? Not really fun to play.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I guess I’m just gonna keep playing Dark Souls 2 while I wait for real content to be released.

That’s quite ironic because Dark Souls literally has no content, except it has terrible controls and artificial difficulty to make it last longer. The record for a speed run is 51 minutes.

Pokemon Red lasted longer than that.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s worse from before, I really can’t have fun standing there hitting a boss with 20billion HP for 30 hours just for a single bag~ and the reward is much lower if everyone doesn’t pass the DPS check.

The event is basically like the 6 Minutes to Knightfall achievement (which no one liked) except even less fun and rewarding and more frustrating and much much much longer battle with 100trillion hp per boss.

Is more HP really the only way to make content more “challenging?”

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Astral Projections.7320

Absolutely nothing.

The rewards will be much better when the players doing the content are better. 45m for 2 champ bags and a green is obviously terrible. But if you can get the, what, 8 for gold? In less than 8 minutes? That’s much better.

Your quote “The Queen’s Pavilion will be great once all the people who came to zerg up, mash 1, and collect tons of loot leave” is very “interesting”. You didn’t say anything about it being great if/when they learned how to play better, just it will be great when they are gone.

I guess these people will come in, get their achieves and go, leaving you and a few others in happy isolation there. Farming the champs over and over again while simultaneously patting yourself on the back for not being a member of the zerg. Not a pretty picture.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Absolutely nothing.

The problem is that there is no winning unless you beat it with people who know what they’re doing and without people chevo hunting. Except it’s often people like your ilk who yell at people trying to help to go away and then have the gall to call out people who do then come back to tag to get credit because that’s all they did is tag. So really what are people supposed to do when it’s filled or need chevos?

Sunshine.4680

Absolutely nothing.

Your quote “The Queen’s Pavilion will be great once all the people who came to zerg up, mash 1, and collect tons of loot leave” is very “interesting”. You didn’t say anything about it being great if/when they learned how to play better, just it will be great when they are gone.

I guess these people will come in, get their achieves and go, leaving you and a few others in happy isolation there. Farming the champs over and over again while simultaneously patting yourself on the back for not being a member of the zerg. Not a pretty picture.

The game must revolve around these types. They’ll only feel good when it’s just a small group of know it alls on the map. I’m sure that’s what anet wants, talk about champ trains being toxic, these guys are no better.

timmyf.1490

Absolutely nothing.

The problem is that there is no winning unless you beat it with people who know what they’re doing and without people chevo hunting. Except it’s often people like your ilk who yell at people trying to help to go away and then have the gall to call out people who do then come back to tag to get credit because that’s all they did is tag. So really what are people supposed to do when it’s filled or need chevos?

I don’t yell at people who are trying to help to go away. I did ask the Commander who was tagged up to tag down because he was creating a zerg. He did not. I told people to split up and attack the bosses at the same time. They did not.

So I went and attacked bosses with a small group of people who seemed to recognize that I had the right strategy. Killed them. Then went and did other things.

Zerging is a FAILING STRATEGY in all aspects. You don’t get more loot. You don’t get more rewards. In fact, it takes LONGER and gives LESS REWARDS.

Once the I-don’t-care-I’m-just-going-to-follow-the-dorito players leave, the event will be easier to complete, faster to complete, and give better rewards. Period.

Astral Projections.7320

To the people that say the players are doing it wrong. I stole this quote from a poster named Pifil as I thought it very relevant.

“Yep, it’s always the players fault, never ArenaNet’s for not actually communicating the change in direction or putting any effort into “retraining” the players in those changes or giving them tools to better organise themselves in the multi-lingual, multi-server mush that the megaserver system created.”

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Sunshine.4680

Most people wanted an easy way to blow off steam, level some alts and get some bags. This is why I liked the Scarlet event in Lion’s Arch…I could skip the knights and Scarlet and still get champ bags with aethers etc and do other events. With this you cannot, you’re stuck with people unsure, confused and feeling bored and then you get jerks telling people to sod off and then complaining the people they tell to sod off get credit.

There is no winning, this community is toxic from the trolls down to the holier than thou pros and their self righteous rhetoric of how the game should truly be. I feel like a lost person in a big tent full of preachers yelling at me different things and telling me which is the right way to live.

timmyf.1490

To the people that way the players are doing it wrong. I stole this quote from a poster named Pifil as I thought it very relevant.

“Yep, it’s always the players fault, never ArenaNet’s for not actually communicating the change in direction or putting any effort into “retraining” the players in those changes or giving them tools to better organise themselves in the multi-lingual, multi-server mush that the megaserver system created.”

Yes. I agree that ArenaNet needs to do a better job of teaching players HOW to play these events. I even created a very long post about it. Look for the “Herding Cats” post.

That said, players share some of the responsibility. The information is there. Players are trying to explain in mapchat. The tooltips offer plenty of guidance.

This isn’t a megaserver problem as this exact problem existed with Marionette. Or the Holo-knights. Or Tequatl. Or the Three-Headed Wurm. Language barriers certainly make this more difficult, but that’s not something completely new.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I did the blitz a few times last night, and the zergs have already gotten to the point of just ignoring the timers/drop/loot and concentrating on just getting players the achievements.(weren’t enough people in the zerg to even attempt splitting up and trying all the bosses at once) If you go in with the mindset of trying to get the achievements, and that there won’t be much loot/rewards, it is pretty fun and almost everyone there was enjoying themselves just for the challenge of the fight. You can get a couple bosses, then come back later and get a couple more bosses, and so on. No need to stick out the entire 6 boss battle, which takes awhile.

Once you get the 6 bosses checked off on the achievements, the rest is pretty easy…killing so many of this type of pavillion vet, labrynthe stuff, etc. You can do the vet kills for achievement solo and at any time in the pavillion…..no reason to wait for the boss pops when you’re there just to kill certain types of vets for achievements.

The whole boss blitz has already evolved into most players being there just for the achievements.(leader was shouting out to not worry about timer as just doing it for the achievements, and everyone seemed quite cool with that) Example: Last night, there was one player in there who kept complaining about the drops in map chat, and everyone else in map chat(and I mean EVERYONE) was hollering at the player to stfu/gtfo so all the rest of the players could just enjoy the encounters……and surprisingly, most everyone there was just enjoying the challenge of it all.

I would have to agree with a lot of other posters here….once most people complete the bosses for achievement, the place will probably be pretty deserted except for those players coming in to get the vet kill achievements and stragglers trying to get the boss achievements.

You definitely don’t want to enter the boss blitz for loot/drops……if you do, you’ll be severely frustrated/disappointed.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

To the people that way the players are doing it wrong. I stole this quote from a poster named Pifil as I thought it very relevant.

Yes. I agree that ArenaNet needs to do a better job of teaching players HOW to play these events. I even created a very long post about it. Look for the “Herding Cats” post.

That said, players share some of the responsibility. The information is there. Players are trying to explain in mapchat. The tooltips offer plenty of guidance.

This isn’t a megaserver problem as this exact problem existed with Marionette. Or the Holo-knights. Or Tequatl. Or the Three-Headed Wurm. Language barriers certainly make this more difficult, but that’s not something completely new.

It has nothing to do with teaching anyone anything.

The content is simply poorly designed. The encounter themselves are not difficult at all and while different are more boring then prior years since they take so much longer to do.

Add into the fact for the increase in time to complete and the TOTAL lack of any viable reward for doing such.

Anet has once again failed miserably at keeping people interested in playing this game.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think it would be fun if you had an organized group (say, you have a large, organized guild). In order to get anything worthwhile you must kill all the bosses within a specified time limit, meaning that you need separate groups killing all bosses at the SAME TIME. If you take them on one by one you will fail and get 2 champ bags, with 2 greens and some kitten ticket.

TL;DR: if you don’t have the Teq/Wurm team working with you, it’s not worth it. I doubt any unorganized group will do what needs to be done to get the “good” reward (which I doubt is even then very good – prob one yellow and 3 greens).

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Astral Projections.7320

Not everyone is on teamspeak, nor is it set up for these short term events where people are coming and going. The game has no voice speak set up to compensate. ANet is at fault here.

Not everyone is literate. Not everyone can read English (or whatever language you use) easily. Many, from posts I read, struggle with basic reading. These people either don’t read map chat at all or read slowly with little comprehension. You can’t expect these people to be reading your instructions in the middle of a fight.

With everyone mashed together, no one knows anyone, knows who is reliable and who is a troll.
“I don’t yell at people who are trying to help to go away. I did ask the Commander who was tagged up to tag down because he was creating a zerg. He did not. I told people to split up and attack the bosses at the same time. They did not.”
Why should you expect these people to listen to you? Some random person in the group, telling Commanders to tag down or your other instructions. They don’t know you from Adam. Don’t know if you are reliable, know what you are talking about or if you are trolling. It’s rather arrogant to be telling strangers how to do something totally different from the way it was the last time and then expecting them to obey.

People are mashed together from many servers. This is a particular problem with the EU servers where not only are there multiple languages but the ability to see chat of other languages has been disabled. For example, if someone is giving instructions in English and other people have non English as the set up language then the instructions don’t even show up in their chat. How do you expect these people to follow your directions if your directions don’t even show up in chat? ANet is at fault.

People showed up for the Queens Pavillion. Was there an NPC saying, “ok here’s the new rules” or “everyone split up into 6 equal groups”? No. It doesn’t. ANet is at fault.

Your post that I quoted made no mention of any problems that ANet may have caused or acerbated. It was only expressing that it will be great once these people leave.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Absolutely nothing.

Filling in the blanks: it is entirely possible to break into mini-zergs and beat these down in a reasonable period of time. My first run last night, we killed the first two in parallel in like 5 minutes (two groups). After that, the whole crew zerged each remaing boss individually – took increasingly forever for each of the leftovers due to scaling. Had we split into mini-zergs, I venture the bosses woulda died within the Gold timeframe with a minute or so to spare.

When the 1 pushers leave, who’s going to make up those sub teams? Better idea than snarking about people leaving is to communicate to them the strategy and that the event can be rewarding (though I still argue not rewarding enough for even the smaller time investment described) so at least they see the difference.

Note: that was primarily for timmy, not Astral.

timmyf.1490

Why should you expect these people to listen to you? Some random person in the group, telling Commanders to tag down or your other instructions. They don’t know you from Adam. Don’t know if you are reliable, know what you are talking about or if you are trolling. It’s rather arrogant to be telling strangers how to do something totally different from the way it was the last time and then expecting them to obey.

I don’t “expect” people to listen to me. I made my case for why I thought it was the right strategy. The basic response was “who cares?”

Not “you’re wrong, do it this way.” Just… “whatever.”

I maintain that splitting into 6 roughly equal groups is the right strategy. If you disagree, I’d be happy to consider your alternate strategy.

People are mashed together from many servers. This is a particular problem with the EU servers where not only are there multiple languages but the ability to see chat of other languages has been disabled. For example, if someone is giving instructions in English and other people have non English as the set up language then the instructions don’t even show up in their chat. How do you expect these people to follow your directions if your directions don’t even show up in chat? ANet is at fault.

This is also a problem on the NA servers where language are much less of an issue. The problem isn’t language, or it’s at least not entirely language.

People showed up for the Queens Pavillion. Was there an NPC saying, “ok here’s the new rules” or “everyone split up into 6 equal groups”? No. It doesn’t. ANet is at fault.

Your post that I quoted made no mention of any problems that ANet may have caused or acerbated. It was only expressing that it will be great once these people leave.

You can’t assume that any single forum post contains a full explanation of everything I believe in the world to be true. Just because I do not explicitly state in EACH POST that ArenaNet does things wrong does not mean I think they do everything correctly.

You know what happens when you assume, right?

As far as splitting into 6 equal groups, they make it completely obvious if you read the text in the event dialogue.

When bosses are killed, their special buffs will be given to other bosses. Making them harder.

So: you try to kill them at the same time instead of one at a time.

Sure, not all players have the cunning strategic mind to figure out such a challenging puzzle mechanic. My suggestion to them would be to follow others who seem to know how to do the event.

timmyf.1490

When the 1 pushers leave, who’s going to make up those sub teams? Better idea than snarking about people leaving is to communicate to them the strategy and that the event can be rewarding (though I still argue not rewarding enough for even the smaller time investment described) so at least they see the difference.

Note: that was primarily for timmy, not Astral.

That’s fair. I was doing a boss last night with 7 or 8 people and we were making decent progress. I’d bet the bosses are scaled to work best for 10-15.

You need 60-90 people, then, to complete the event. That is a big number. My hope is that Megaservers will continue to provide that many players for the event, but it remains to be seen.

Still, I’d rather have autoattackers in Cleric’s gear who can split themselves into 6 groups than full Ascended Zerkers who insist on zerging.

I see three options:

1) Try to teach people the event. WHICH I DID. Then I get people – for example, Sunshine, sorry to pick on you – who tell me I’m an elitist holier-than-thou player who won’t let them play like they want.

2) Do the event slowly and painfully. WHICH I DID once nobody cared to do the event in the obvious manner it should be done.

3) Just skip the event altogether until people figure it out. This is probably what I’ll end up doing after a couple more days of trying.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Not everyone is on teamspeak, nor is it set up for these short term events where people are coming and going. The game has no voice speak set up to compensate. ANet is at fault here.

Not everyone is literate. Not everyone can read English (or whatever language you use) easily. Many, from posts I read, struggle with basic reading. These people either don’t read map chat at all or read slowly with little comprehension. You can’t expect these people to be reading your instructions in the middle of a fight.

With everyone mashed together, no one knows anyone, knows who is reliable and who is a troll.
“I don’t yell at people who are trying to help to go away. I did ask the Commander who was tagged up to tag down because he was creating a zerg. He did not. I told people to split up and attack the bosses at the same time. They did not.”

There are three problems (besides loot) with this event – you called out the first – communication such as teamspeak, vent, etc and language barrier; but there’s a third – overflows and less-populated servers (have you ever been on the MegaServer-assigned cluster for French-speakers? It’s a ghost town – insert surrender meme here).

For those who do not have VOIP, do this: split yourself up! if YOU see a massive zerg toward Boom-Boom, GO to a different boss! You have plenty of time, after all.

Hell, split yourself off, PICK ONE BOSS, AND NEVER FIGHT ANOTHER ONE, for that matter… for the masochists, please choose the destroyer. Doing that removes variables and will allow anyone else making a choice of bosses will naturally distribute the mini-zergs.

If enough of us do this, it will fix itself before the weekend.

(edited by KarateKid.5648)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

One should always play for some kind of reward. Just maybe that reward doesn’t always need to be $$$. Mmkay?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Pavilion is no longer a massive 1-1-1-1-1-1 loot farm.

Yeah! It’s a nice change from the rest of the game!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

I can say from experience that the bandit, pirate and centaur bosses can each be done in the gold time limit with 3-4 people, so 40 should be enough in theory.

I don’t necessarily expect strangers to obey. I expect them to weigh up the possibility that I’m talking sense against the fact that what they’re currently doing clearly isn’t working. If they’re not convinced my strategy would work they can ask me why before rejecting it. What they’re currently doing clearly isn’t right so they should be wondering why.

This shouldn’t be a foreign concept to people. It’s common sense.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

One should always play for some kind of reward. Just maybe that reward doesn’t always need to be $$$. Mmkay?

Absolutely agree with you.
But for this particular encounter, which is it?
Is it an engrossing story?
Is it amazing combat?

Besides “insert AP checklist here”, what reward this encounter does provide?

timmyf.1490

Is it amazing combat?

I actually find the encounter mechanics fun. (Some of them, not all of them.) We were lol’ing pretty kitten Teamspeak about the retaliation birds.

Azhure.1857

Is it amazing combat?

To be perfectly honest, I can not speak for any of the events in the 5/20 Update… yet. I logged online in the evening to my guild saying it wasn’t fun and wasn’t worth it. Take that coupled with the fact that I don’t enjoy being told by ArenaNet what to do and when – I’ve felt no need to jump into it yet.

I’m also not an AP farmer by any means. I’ve got around 7k points from just enjoying the game, though compared to many of the people on my friends list I think I sometimes get laughed at for how low it is.

As for my earlier post – I responded as I did because in the large scheme of things players should play for reward. Just that so many people are using the argument that the reward is either $$$ LOOT $$$ or Bust. I disagree.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Is it amazing combat?

To be perfectly honest, I can not speak for any of the events in the 5/20 Update… yet. I logged online in the evening to my guild saying it wasn’t fun and wasn’t worth it. Take that coupled with the fact that I don’t enjoy being told by ArenaNet what to do and when – I’ve felt no need to jump into it yet.

I’m also not an AP farmer by any means. I’ve got around 7k points from just enjoying the game, though compared to many of the people on my friends list I think I sometimes get laughed at for how low it is.

As for my earlier post – I responded as I did because in the large scheme of things players should play for reward. Just that so many people are using the argument that the reward is either $$$ LOOT $$$ or Bust. I disagree.

To be honest, I purely attribute the not fun to poor execution, not the fights themselves.

They seemed to have balanced the bosses around everyone being optimised, with zerker sets, and being somewhat organised. That just won’t happen.

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I suprised that very few people STILL haven’t noticed that the tokens that are constantly dropping can be used to buy nearly EVERY item from past living work achievements in labyrinth cliffs. And if you already have them all, you can buy a bag with a masterwork or better item in it with them.

The tickets they drop can be used for the queens gauntlet, and completing those gives you even more tokens. Gambits multiply the reward of tokens. In the end you can still get a lot of loot from the tokens, but not as much as you used to. I would have thought that most people would jump all over the fact that you can now get all the equipment, home instance nodes, minipets, and tonics that a lot of people missed out on from past living world metas.

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Is it amazing combat?

To be honest, I purely attribute the not fun to poor execution, not the fights themselves.

They seemed to have balanced the bosses around everyone being optimised, with zerker sets, and being somewhat organised. That just won’t happen.

Unless you’re somewhat good, zerker is probably going to get you killed more often than not. My friend who runs celestial gear fares much better than me and my warrior friend when it comes to longevity in these fights.

Optimization isn’t the problem really, it IS the fact that everyone is in zerker that can’t withstand the damage of the fights. Being dead is much much much worse than wearing say sentinel stats.

This wouldn’t get the hate it has if people weren’t so used to mindless zerg trains. Nothing is more amusing than watching the worst player in the zerg be the guy with eternity.

Lankybrit.4598

Well, thanks again for all the responses. As I enjoy, and get rewarded for, doing World Bosses, and leveling my alts, I don’t see anything here that would be better than that. I’ll give this one a miss.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

It simply takes organization. Problem is that most don’t do well in this setting. My guild was finishing it in 6-9 minutes last night. We got gold twice and silver multiple times. It takes 6 commanders organizing groups (and Teamspeak is helpful, but not required) and then coordinating with each other to ensure that bosses go down at roughly the same time.

Not saying this is good or bad, but the way it is now. Have to say I do miss killing endless mobs from last year, every now and again I just want to let my inner barbarian out with others and just slaughter wave after wave of mobs. That said, you should compare this to the Marionette rather than last year’s Pavilion.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Azhure.1857

This wouldn’t get the hate it has if people weren’t so used to mindless zerg trains.

+1

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I suprised that very few people STILL haven’t noticed that the tokens that are constantly dropping can be used to buy nearly EVERY item from past living work achievements in labyrinth cliffs. And if you already have them all, you can buy a bag with a masterwork or better item in it with them.

The tickets they drop can be used for the queens gauntlet, and completing those gives you even more tokens. Gambits multiply the reward of tokens. In the end you can still get a lot of loot from the tokens, but not as much as you used to. I would have thought that most people would jump all over the fact that you can now get all the equipment, home instance nodes, minipets, and tonics that a lot of people missed out on from past living world metas.

Thanks for this post. I got quite a few tokens from my few runs last night and was wondering what I could actually get with those(knew I could spend them, just wasn’t sure what they could be used for)…..again thanks……will be checking out what sort of different stuff I can do with them.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Queen’s Pavilion now is a great example of something that worked being turned into something that doesn’t work.

Why? Because it’s useless now. People are going in, doing their achievements and leaving never to return.

Initially the whole bang behind QP was the fact that not only were boss kills rewarding ( loot box + chest) but that the regular mobs gave out good drops well.
People flocked to the event and it was very popular because people felt rewarded for doing it and felt motivated.

The current implementation of QP doesn’t motivate players to do it at all unless you want your meta done.
But afterward there’s simply no reason to bother with it – there are other more fun places in the game to go to if you want more rewards, there are other better areas in the game to go to if you want a bigger challenge.

It’s not going to work because it doesn’t cater to anybody.

Does it give good rewards? No – reward driven players won’t care about it.
Does it give a good challenge? No – the people who like coordinating and taking out big threats are out there doing Teq and Wurm and couldn’t care less about this one. The people who want individual challenge are doing FOTM or Liadri.

So who exactly is this event for now ?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”