How is the game doing?

How is the game doing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Atheismo.5164

Atheismo.5164

Hey guys,

I played Guild Wars2 for like 2 weeks straight after release and I was having a blast, and then suddenly (for seemingly no real reason) I got super bored with the game. I tried re-rolling a few different alts thinking that maybe I was just tired off the Warrior gameplay, but I didn’t really enjoy the other classes I tried – Necro was probably my favorite but it seemed pretty slow/underpowered compared to my warrior.

Eventually I stopped playing entirely and have not been back to the game since. The funny thing is I didn’t really leave to play another game which is usually the case when I quit a game (ex, I quit WoW to play Rift), I mean I still have League of Legends which has been my go-to game for like 2 years now, but I often take breaks from it and want another game to fall back on.

I’m thinking about returning to GW2 but I’m not really sure it’s worth trying.

What has changed for GW2 in the last couple months? How is the playerbase/server populations? What is there to do when you hit max level?

Also I really hated PvP last time I tried it, the whole “downed player” think really pissed me off, mostly because of how much health has + how little damage everyone does – the PvP just felt very stagnant, probably due to the very low amount of abilities you’re able to have “equipped” at one time.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

The game has no sub. Why not just log in and check it out for yourself.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

This and also you missed out on the nice Halloween events. :[

How is the game doing?

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

alot of the intial game breaking bugs are fixed.

orbs have been removed from wvw for now.

plenty of class nerfs have happened.

culling issues have gotten worse than maybe better.

events are still often broken in orr.

weird crafting changes like a less user friendly ui change and longer time to craft the first few in a craft queue(effectively doubles time spent crafting, resulting in using more boosters if you are powering through a craft for the combat levels)

diminishing returns on loot and such went to absolutely bat kitten insane levels before returning to about where it was at headstart maybe- hard to tell, i seem to be getting alot more porous bones than ever before this week after returning to orr to farm for the first time since the DR was supposedly eased.

plenty of zones with only a few real players in them, and no events proccing to level, meaning you have to do 100% of all zones plus craft or wvw to level now.

MOAR jumping puzzles have been added recently.

tehy maybe added paid tournements to spvp, but i can’t be sure sicne they said they had already done that twice so who can say for sure.

continued lack of complete patch notes.

a tp that in the morning says there are 1.2 million candy corn on the market, then in the evening says 4 million.

i think that about covers it.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

How is the game doing?

Atheismo.5164

Because I’m at work I just felt like browsing the GW2 forums to see how everything was doing and I saw a couple posts about population issues/dead zones and I decided to make a thread to find out how the rest of the game is doing.

Probably won’t have a chance to actually log in myself for a day or two so I wanted some community input.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Population levels are still high – full.

There is a lot going on, new stuff weekend after this one.

But not that much has changed, cuz we’re still in the post-launch tryin to get the bugs worked out stage of the game.

How is the game doing?

Atheismo.5164

But not that much has changed, cuz we’re still in the post-launch tryin to get the bugs worked out stage of the game.

Has PvP improved at all? Last time I did PvP it seemed like it was fairly unfair for melee classes – and while I’m pretty used to melee getting the shaft after 10+ years of MMOs, it’s still a little disappointing when every WvWvW degenerates into a ranged AoE Spamfight

How is the game doing?

Posted by: bojangles.6912

bojangles.6912

^ Basically this. That is the beauty of the game. But if you are looking for a lot of fixes and better stuff and more content and less grindy fell then nope nothing has changed. They had some Halloween event but had no desire to try it out. A new “one-time world event” is coming soon too but still no desire to start playing again.

If you got bored and stopped earlier then you likely will do the same now imo. I logged on for the first time in awhile and got bored after 10 mins and no one was around either.

How is the game doing?

mulch.2586

Has PvP improved at all? Last time I did PvP it seemed like it was fairly unfair for melee classes – and while I’m pretty used to melee getting the shaft after 10+ years of MMOs, it’s still a little disappointing when every WvWvW degenerates into a ranged AoE Spamfight

PvP is definitely better to be melee, with the maps all being node-capture.

WvW has actually evolved to mesmer-portal-bomb aoe spamfights. Same sort of idea, but poof you’re in an apparently empty lords room, hit 100 blades and do 50k damage on invisible targets. Same AoE spamfight, just ploppin in on each other making use of the rendering bugs.

Thief is the only real melee-profession, and it still has short bow for some aoe 1200 range. Guardian is weak at range, too, but any relevant wvw combat at range is really about siege.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

My warrior is my main and I have no problem jumping in w/ either sword + warhorn or a greatsword on WvW. Also have you tried sPvP? caugh backstab theif can 2 shot other glass cannons and last time I checked warriors and guardians are amazing there as well. It really all depends on how you build your character. Try experimenting w/ builds in the mists and practice them in sPvP.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Population on my server is doing fine, not hard to find groups for dungeons, or meeting people out in the world.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

How is the game doing?

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

people have pretty much settled into what they have decided to do end game. Alt-aholics seem to be in short supply as opposed to other games, more in likely due to the limited character slots, and need to use them as mules because of the limited banking slots. Leveling a character now tends to be a very lonely proposition, unless you do in in wvw.

Once you are max level though, there are a lot of people around.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Yea I never had it happen where I wanted to do a dungeon and couldn’t find a full group.

I still see lots of people around in my server. I’m almost done getting my exotic gear and when that is done, WvW all day everyday.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

How is the game doing?

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

The game is doing fine until players get in Orr. Where people stop logging in do to the extreme annoyance of Risen who thrive in Orr.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

all parts of the game, except for tpvp (which is stagnating due to a superior, two-dimensional meta), are very healthy. Nov 15th update will create another huge influx of players…expect most servers to be full.

ive had no dilemma bypassing Orr completely. i get all the karma i need from other high level zones and world completion. Orr isnt a terrible zone. it’s just that DE’s need serious tweaking to become more challenging and dynamic.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Tyrick.9867

Tyrick.9867

FWIW the culling/invisibility issues that plague WvW and other zergfests are supposed to be fixed in the next patch. holds breath

How is the game doing?

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

Since you just lost the Halloween, wait for November 16 to check the new content.

How is the game doing?

Atheismo.5164

What’s happening on the 16th?

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

What’s happening on the 16th?

new content patch, i would realy wait for that day, right now the servers only have a high population because half of the characters are bots

How is the game doing?

Atheismo.5164

Half?? That has to be an exaggeration.

How is the game doing?

mulch.2586

We’re really not sposed to talk about bots in forums posts. There’s a sticky thread. It suffices to say not everyone plays with the official client.

Some zones are empty of real players. Other zones have plenty – for example I’m frequently put into overflow in Lion’s Arch.

Your enjoyment of the game will be enhanced if you get an active guild.

How is the game doing?

Atheismo.5164

Sounds like the game has only gotten worse, think I’ll stay away…

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

We’re really not sposed to talk about bots in forums posts. There’s a sticky thread. It suffices to say not everyone plays with the official client.

Some zones are empty of real players. Other zones have plenty – for example I’m frequently put into overflow in Lion’s Arch.

Your enjoyment of the game will be enhanced if you get an active guild.

I think its a disturbing trend that no zone except the cities are…populated.

Lion’s Arch! I laughed

How is the game doing?

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Servers are full, game is successful.

What else is there to know.

Play if you want to, if you don’t then don’t.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Game is fun and very successful. I am an altaholic and working on getting my third character to level 80. I still haven’t done everything there is to do in this game. Darn WvW is so addictive I haven’t done all the dungeons yet.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

I’d like to post an argument against the… the games still kitten posts… because I fail to fathom why such posts would exist. If the game was in fact still kitten the people wouldn’t be here to post such things. So regardless anyone that is showing enough interest to read your thread is still playing/showing interest in some shape or form showing you its not in fact as kitten as you may think.

Try it out. Dungeons are a lot easier and more approachable, making exotic gear a more achievable goal. If you have any questions pm me or contact me in game.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Beta testing still going well.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Sounds like the game has only gotten worse, think I’ll stay away…

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

uh nope. thats not what i said at all. i actually said the game is doing a lot better. but youre welcome, and it sounds like you just didnt like the game in the first place.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

How is the game doing?

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

OP

I think if you left the game because you got bored, then coming back, you’ll realize that its still so much more of the SAME THING that made you leave in the first place.

Go ahead and log in, the game is free. Open your map and jump to any place in Orr.

If you haven’t logged out 30 secs after getting to Orr, you might have fun with this game for another week or two.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Yes but full means people are actually logged in? Or just full with inactive accounts?

How is the game doing?

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Warriors and daggers are kinda overpowered, so I hear. My personal experience in sPvP is that the warrior is imba now (imo!) and as a guardian I can win thiefs 1vs1.

How is the game doing?

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

You still can’t enter Arah, since the dynamic events chain that opens it is still bugging nonstop and I’ve read nowhere that it’s planned to be fixed or not. Still, 10 weeks on and it’s still bugging.

Not fun to wait for server resets before you have a chance to get in, unless it bugs again.

Other then that, yeah the game is still good and fun. Still plenty of bugs though.