How is the game so far?

How is the game so far?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Feydryn.9576

Feydryn.9576

I dived into this game abit but never had the patience to level, Now I beleive I can play again but im not sure how big the community is right now. The most I could ask for is active and nearly balanced pvp and fun endgame pve. With possible competetive scenes in the pvp areas. Ive been hopping between either playing GW2, Tera, and FF14ARR. But it is hard to make a final decision.

How is the game so far?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You can try out WvW and PvP in this game without ever levelling or doing anything at all because the moment you enter them you are level 80.

Furthermore, playing both WvW and PvP earns you PvE levels.

As for PvE, its not that great but it has the most expansive, immersive and beautiful game world in the industry even exceeding that of Tera. So its still good enough to take a break from killing players every now and then.

But if you’re looking for PvE gameplay over graphics and immersion, look elsewhere.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

How is the game so far?

Posted by: Feydryn.9576

Feydryn.9576

Immersion is fine!!=)

How is the game so far?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I dived into this game abit but never had the patience to level, Now I beleive I can play again but im not sure how big the community is right now. The most I could ask for is active and nearly balanced pvp and fun endgame pve. With possible competetive scenes in the pvp areas. Ive been hopping between either playing GW2, Tera, and FF14ARR. But it is hard to make a final decision.

while this game has some good elements, it has one of the worst maintained class/profession systems, so spvp is extremely subpar and end game here revolves around running in mass zergs pressing a couple of buttons so you can earn junk loot and bits of crafting materials. if you plan on continuing to play, i do not recommend that you spend a dime on the gemstore because the quality of reinvestment to make strong and fundamental improvements are poor to none.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

How is the game so far?

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

I disagree with Immersion being fine or good actually. This is obviously an area that will be different per player though, so it’s best to see for ones’ self.

From basic armor designs at the start, all races wear “human” armor instantly breaking immersion of character even from around the racial Common NPCs (the no named no bodies standing there doing nothing look more epic than the players out of the gate – smh).
Later, players are seen wearing wings and other oddities that further cripple the visual immersion that would otherwise be possible – and without the option on the players side to disable or hide those… well, it’s difficult to even ignore it.

There’s a dozen other visual immersion breakers all over the place as well – but again, immersion is often a per person issue and these things that bum me out may or may not also bother anyone else.

Off that issue, the game play is entertaining enough to warrant a play through or two on the PvE front.
I’ll reserve comment on WvW or PvP as I loathe PvP activities in games like this so I avoid them like the plague… running in circles humming Benny Hill tunes does not a fun game make (IMO).

How is the game so far?

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

but im not sure how big the community is right now

You’re in luck. It’s more crowded than ever thanks to Megaservers. Sarcasm implied just in case it doesn’t translate well through text. Low settings recommended for optimal gameplay, especially during World Boss events.

PvP not very balanced unfortunately, poor little rank 21 fresh dolyak and I’m often up against phoenix or dragon ranked players. Downed a few so I guess hundreds more matches over me doesn’t always reflect experience. Or maybe they were having a bad day. If you go into PvP, just do it with an open mind and a “win some, lose some” mentality.