How long is gold blocked on new accounts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GasX.5984

GasX.5984

Bought an alt account. I sent gold from main to my alt account. I want to sent back a few hundred gold but with the new account looks like I have to wait until I am allowed to do that.

I understand this is to combat gold sellers and that is fine. Just wondering how long I should expect to wait for the new account to be unlocked for mailing gold back..

Thanks all!

Posted by: Babai.7531

Babai.7531

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account
See “Limitations” subsection

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

If it is a free to play account, you can not send the money back.
If you choose to make it a paid account (so you can return the money), you can buy Heart of Thorns, but then you will have to have verify the account with a phone number (text message) and wait 4 days from the time the Heart of Thorns key was applied to the account before it will unlock the ability to return your gold.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Under account limitations, this seems to be it.

First Month
The first 30 days following creation, a new account is limited as follows:

* Amount of coin that can be mailed. However, any amount can be received.
* Value of items both deposited into and withdrawn from a Guild Vault.

The amount you are allowed increases approximately one gold every 10 hours. When this amount is exceeded, the error message that appears is: This transfer would exceed the total value of transfers allowed for new accounts. As you continue to play, your account will be allowed to transfer higher values. New account limits are necessary to protect your online experience from fraud and illegal trading.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Archon.5736

Archon.5736

Which is odd as my wife has over 25 hours on her account(Paid Heart expansion) via /Age and still can’t send more than like 50 copper.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Which is odd as my wife has over 25 hours on her account(Paid Heart expansion) via /Age and still can’t send more than like 50 copper.

25 hours over how many days? And did she start out as a f2p account?

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Archon.5736

Archon.5736

10 days at the time, and nope, created along with buying Heart.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Was it always 50copper, or was it a bunch and now it’s limited?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Just a flesh wound.3589

The wiki is rather vaguely worded, and my experience with a new account is over a year old now. However my memory is that it took more than 10 days for gold restrictions to be lifted. It was much closer to the 30 days mentioned on the quote. It might be that the new account has to get through the 30 days and then the gold restrictions are lifted by 1 gold every 10 hours.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

The wiki is rather vaguely worded, and my experience with a new account is over a year old now. However my memory is that it took more than 10 days for gold restrictions to be lifted. It was much closer to the 30 days mentioned on the quote. It might be that the new account has to get through the 30 days and then the gold restrictions are lifted by 1 gold every 10 hours.

Wasn’t it in game time? So now like you could buy an account and walk away for 2 weeks and be okay. But you had to actually play the game?

I don’t remember, my account is too old and some of these restrictions weren’t in at launch

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.