How long will Eye of the North be down?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gwen.7981

Gwen.7981

I went to try some of my Eye of the North unlocks, but when I try to get my item from Kimmes the Historian I receive this message:

That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.

Any reason why the Hall of Monuments rewards have been disabled? Any idea when they will be restored?

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I went to try some of my Eye of the North unlocks, but when I try to get my item from Kimmes the Historian I receive this message:

That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.

Any reason why the Hall of Monuments rewards have been disabled? Any idea when they will be restored?

They were disabled because a bug caused people to unfairly gain God Walking Among Mere Mortals and all of the rewards associated. Fortunately the HoM was causing the game to crash at the time, which prevented them from unlocking the skins.

It remains disabled until they can fix that issue.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Don’t worry Gwen, I know you miss being near the Scrying pool. Things will be back to normal.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

If you’ve just wanted skins you can just apply them in your wardrobe, it doesn’t cost a charge.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Don’t worry Gwen, I know you miss being near the Scrying pool. Things will be back to normal.

I lol’d.

If you’ve just wanted skins you can just apply them in your wardrobe, it doesn’t cost a charge.

I think if the OP just got more HoM points and earned new skins, they still have to visit the NPC to receive the skins/miniatures to unlock them in wardrobe/mini collection, unless I am mistaken.

Posted by: Noskcaj.5126

Noskcaj.5126

Still waiting…..any idea when this is going to be fixed? I can’t find any other information outside of this post.

Posted by: Oret Spirit.3827

Oret Spirit.3827

Just experienced this bug too. Hadn’t played gw in a few years, and JUST picked up gw2 2 days ago. was first told I was not worthy even though the account was successfully linked. So downloaded gw logged in, went back, it recognized me, but when I hit show legacy, I get the same error message.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

To have some information about why it’s shut down for now, read this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Instant-God-Walking-Amongst-Mere-Mortals/first

Posted by: davoz.1429

davoz.1429

Yea any updates here? I still need to unlock some skins

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I find it hilarious that someone named “Gwen” is asking this question.

Posted by: HelioSpiral.5176

HelioSpiral.5176

I just started playing GW2 and this is kind of frustrating. After all the hours I spent playing GW1 and now I cant get any of the rewards. Please fix this soon.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

A bit late in seeing it, perhaps, but thanks for the link, Illconceived. It actually seems that a guess I made on map chat the other day was exactly right – the exploit was easily fixed, and it’s sorting out “who earned what” that’s holding them up.

In reply to Megumi’s early suggestion in this thread – not even all of us who had a maxed hall at release have every skin unlocked. I had been taking unlocks as I needed them, both before and after the Wardrobe update, and never would have imagined an issue like this arising, so I never felt the need to do a mass-unlock. (I can assure you it will be the first thing I do once we get the all-clear, however!)

I can be patient. I understand the challenges; I know people who program, and would never assume their work is as easy as it looks to us end-users. I am, perhaps, a bit antsy, but reading that dev post has alleviated that – the fact that the developers are keeping things in the open does a lot to help keep things calm.

I do have faith it will be fixed. And while I wish it would be as soon as possible, I’ll try to keep my impatience to a minimum – so long as we know that it is being worked on; nobody wants to think it’s being forgotten about.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

Expect the issue to be fixed after female humans get their idle animation back, My Greatest fear storyline is restored and ofcourse Cantha.

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

Posted by: Kallunnah.3201

Kallunnah.3201

God this is frustrating ….

I bought GW1 specifically to get gw2 skins and now this. aaaaargh!

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Expect the issue to be fixed after female humans get their idle animation back, My Greatest fear storyline is restored and ofcourse Cantha.

I guess you have a surprise coming, then, because one of the items in your list is going to be here pretty soon.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

To quote ArenaNet:

“When its ready.”

For whatever that is worth. :/

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Someone on another post had what i felt like was a very good point, he said that they should just turn the merchant back on and let everyone (deserving and undeserving) get whatever skins they want and then since they are already working on a tool to recognize and remove achievement points/titles from those that did not deserve them(That is what they are doing right now to fix the problem), They should just also make that same tool able to remove skins and mini’s and pets.(all the things i believe you are able to get with hom points from the vendor) It would probably take longer to make the tool but then at least the people who deserve the rewards will be able to get them now.

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

Sill broken. lol

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

God this is frustrating ….

I bought GW1 specifically to get gw2 skins and now this. aaaaargh!

You should have bought it for the excellent gameplay and superior story instead.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I guess you have a surprise coming, then, because one of the items in your list is going to be here pretty soon.

Oooh which one?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Oooh which one?

My greatest fear plotline.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

lol something funny about a user named Gwen asking about the Eye of the North… :P

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m imagining an increasingly perturbed Gwen standing outside the doors to the Eye of the North, waiting for Keiran to unlock the dang door.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I’m imagining an increasingly perturbed Gwen standing outside the doors to the Eye of the North, waiting for Keiran to unlock the dang door.

Oops. Keiran just dropped his key. In the snow. The snow that’s probably a dozen feet deep. It may take him a while to find it.

Posted by: Ailen Stormfist.5942

Ailen Stormfist.5942

Still broken.

Is there any ETA? I really wanted to get some of the skins that should be available to me.. but alas I cannot…

Posted by: Divix.7328

Divix.7328

Would it be a bad idea to submit a ticket asking to have an item skin unlocked (assuming you have the right amount of HoM points)? Has anyone tried this? Or would this be a misuse of customer support? I’ll be finishing my 10 HoM points tonight and would love to get my FDS

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Would it be a bad idea to submit a ticket asking to have an item skin unlocked (assuming you have the right amount of HoM points)? Has anyone tried this? Or would this be a misuse of customer support? I’ll be finishing my 10 HoM points tonight and would love to get my FDS

I wouldn’t do that. There’s tons of people waiting so I’m 99.99% sure they won’t do it because if they do that for you they would have to do that for everyone else and it would overwhelming. Plus there is suppose to be a fix “soon”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I wouldn’t do that. There’s tons of people waiting so I’m 99.99% sure they won’t do it because if they do that for you they would have to do that for everyone else and it would overwhelming.

That.