How many Precursors have you found?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I found one on the Trading Post and another one in pieces all over Tyria.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

3510 hours, 1429 days. Never had a precursor drop from random mobs or any other drop source. I don’t do random Forging so no chance of getting one there either. No interest in making legendaries myself, so I’ve actually never owned a precursor in any form.

Off the top of my head, the best drop I’ve ever gotten in my entire playtime in this game was one of the exclusive Toxic dyes which I got from a dye pack which dropped from a Black Lion chest (the key came from a story mission IIRC).

and if we’re talking best drops, in my 1500~ hours my best drop was a bank contract from the black lion chest which at the time was worth as much as any legendary (saw chances to get contracts tripled for a week so i bought 2 keys and got it, lol.) I must be crazy because I bound it… it’s actually one of the more useful items I got having an extended inventory… so 1 precursor<dusk> and 1 contract<bank> within1500 hours, also 1 key drop from a bandit in queensdale..

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i had the one to make bifrost from the karka event sold for 90 gold to a guildie and then bough siege with the gold.

What to say im a good guy ¯\(:/)

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

0. I have been playing since headstart. I have given up ever getting a precursor from drops or from mystic forge. I have spent countless rare and exotics at the mystic forge. I am always surprised when I find normal exotics in drops,

I bought Dawn from the trading post instead, before HoT came out. I am glad that we have a definite way to get precursors now, even if it is a potentially expensive one.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

16,676 hours and zero.

Seriously? Over 11 hours per day, every single day since launch?

Wow!

Yeah, but I’m not actually complaining, as those 11 hours a day I’m actually having fun rather than counting ‘success’.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

4103 hours. Zero precursors.

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

19k hours. Underwater spear gun from wvw champ bag

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

0 in 5051 hours

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Found one when I transfered to NA, only played there for one day before I asked support to transfer me back because 600-1k ping is simply unplayable. Never ever looted one ever since xD

Posted by: Zane Hosigawa.6359

Zane Hosigawa.6359

Played since exclusive beta. Did dungeon farming (precursor chance in chests) and World Boss farming quite a bit then moved to pvp.

Zero precursor drops.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

6300 hours, since closed beta: 0

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Since closed BETA and around 4k hours here is the list of my precursors dropped in all game mode:

-
-
-

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: MrHappy.3859

MrHappy.3859

Gotten all my pre cursors from Mystic Toilet…none from open world drop

A few thousand hours of playing since day 1 until now

Dusk >30 (lost count) My first pre cursor XD
Dawn >10 (lost count)
Zap >10 (lost count)
Spark >15 (lost count)
The Hunter >10 (lost count)
The Legend >5 (lost count)
Leaf of Kudzu >10 (lost count)
The Colossus >5 (lost count)
The Energizer 2
Chaos Gun >5 (lost count)
The Lover >5 (lost count) My second pre cursor XD
Tooth of Frostfang 4
Rodgort’s Flame 1
Howl >5 (lost count)
The Bard 1
The Choosen >5 (lost count)
Carcharias 3
Rage >3 (lost count)

There is once I accidentally used a Carcharias with 3 other random exo and got a Rage. I started “gambling” since first year with rares and on the second year onwards, I only use exos that I bought from TP and rares/exos that I gotten from open world. I know some of you won’t believe me, but for those who know me, they wanted to punch me in the face every time I link a pic…and no, I dont get rich cause the gold I earned will go back into the Mystic Toilet and I dont buy gold to gamble…All in game gold that I earned playing. I’ve gotten 2 Sparks, 1 The Legend, 1 Frostfang, 1 The Colossus, 1 The Energizer, 2 Rage and 1 Carcharias. I’ll post some pics when I’m free

(edited by MrHappy.3859)

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

6311 hours since beta release and zero drops . 200 gold at the mystic forge and one scepter.

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

I’ve never done the forge. Zero with 2k hrs. My wife never does the forge either. She’s gotten three drops in 2900 hrs: zap, the spear one, and the torch one.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Dawn, Zap and Chaos Gun. Zap and Chaos Gun from random dudes in wvw.
3.5k hours.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Carcharias from a random drop, around 11k played. I was thrilled

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

Been playing from the start, I’m 6k hours in and I’ve found 2 precursors. The Chosen while doing a path of Ascalonian Catacomb a few years back (when I was about 2.5k hours in) and The Energizer last week in Bloodstone Fen from either the Jade Guardian or the Jade Constructs (not sure from what exactly, I noticed it after I was done when I was cleaning up my inventory).

I however never transmute things in the mystic toilet.

(edited by Vincent.7452)

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

13671 hours total
Bard from Ancient Karka Chest
Chaos Gun from random rares in the mystic forge.
Colossus after 12,500 hours as a drop
Bard after 13,500 hours as a drop

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

Played since beta, 2500+ hours. I ain’t mad tho punches wall

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Zero. Playing quite a bit the last 3 years, all game modes. I have not spent much gold trying the mystic toilet. Having said that, I’ve earned enough coin over those years to buy many of the precursors on the TP.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

At time of writing: Played 7,245 hours.

Zero Precursor drops.

Never played Mystic Forge except with equipment obtained from drops. No precursors from Mystic Forge.

Made Juggernaut, Bifrost, Sunrise, Incinerator, Twilight, Frostfang, Eternity, HOPE, in that order, all precursors bought from Trading Post, except Tooth of Frostfang from collection/crafting which ended up costing more than buying it straight from Trading Post and the precursor for HOPE.

To give a good idea of how broken the RNG for precursor drop is: That’s over 7,000 hours of game play in PvP, WvW and mostly PvE where I’ve only crafted 4 Ascended Weapons and 3 full sets of Ascended Armor (Light, Medium and Heavy). But yet I have 9 characters all fully equipped with Ascended Weapons and 7 characters with full sets of Ascended Armor, obtained from drops and rewards (4 from WvW, 7 from PvP, the rest from PvE (Mostly Tequatl’s exotic Dragon Chest and Triple Trouble’s grand chest. 1 from Fallen Champion’s Bag, 1 from Shatterer’s grand chest, 1 from Golem Mark II’s grand chest)

That’s nearly 4 dozens of Ascended equipment boxes and 7,000 hours of playing and still not precursor drop. Yeah, I’m no longer making legendaries but I’m still salty as all get-out. Not even one pathetic aquatic precursor. Pfft.

(edited by Sylum.1806)

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

~4100 hours: The Lover from Karka Queen bonus chest. I’m really salty about it because I don’t want pony bow and shortbow is useless, so it’s just sitting in my bank collecting dust.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

~9 k hours and almost 4 years old

Storm from Leurent.

I’m fine with not getting anything. I ended up making ten legendaries anyways.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)