How many characters do ppl have?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

My previous post bugged and wouldn’t show up.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have like 30 characters. I don’t know exactly because after 24 I stopped counting. lol

You can see how many slots/slots in use you have when logging in.

On topic: 13

And add them up between all 4 accounts. lol

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I have 16 characters, 2 of each class on my EU account. One slot waiting…
I have 15 characters, missing an engineer on my NA account.
And I have two characters on my free account.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have 6 permanent characters and 2 spare slots. When character slots go on sale and HoT is released I plan to expand it to 9 permanent (1 of each profession) and 1 temp.

Oh and 2 on my free account.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

I have 69 characters. (current maximum) All but 4 are level 80.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

And add them up between all 4 accounts. lol

Yes, that such a hard task when the total number is somewhat around 30.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

Eight 80s, one of each profession. I switch between them constantly depending on the dungeon and existing party composition.

Also, one new character my nephew made and then I just left there :p and last one lowbie whose sole purpose is to open SW bags for expensive mats

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Currently have 6 though plan for 9(whenever char slots go on sale). One of each profession and a keyrunner/bag boy/ironman etc. I personally can’t see myself having multiple professions at 80, seems wasteful.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

5, play 2 mains on the reg, might add a rev to that when HoT lands.

As an avid gamer with a full-time job I can’t invest more timesink without missing out on playing other games.

Screw that.

As much as I dig this game it’s no way near good enough to make me sacrifice other gaming pleasures in order to have a dozen 80’s.That would bore me to death.

I have 11 accounts. And across all those accounts I have totally 151 characters. Nearly all of them are level 80. I still have 6 empty character slots for HoT in couple accounts.

Yeah, I should get a life.

If that is even remotely true you don’t need a life, you need help. In saying these type of threads normally devolve into little more than kittening competitions and false claims of having a thousand toons with max loots.

Sadly this is true. All these accounts comes from Guild Wars 1. There was a point in GW1 history, that whole game with 8 character slots were cheaper to buy than 1 character slot to existing account. So I rather made new account than bought only one character slot. That’s the history how I was able to get 11 accounts.

Little by little I have made those characters what I had in GW1 in here to Guild Wars 2 accounts. Sadly I am not even in half a way with them. Hopefully I will get all of those 374 characters from GW1 made in here Guild Wars 2 side. That is my goal. To get all those wonderful characters in Guild Wars 2.

I have manage to make in Guild Wars 2 at this point 151 of them during three years. Maybe it will take 3 years more to get rest of them. Maybe it will take longer, but little by little I will do it

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Go for 15!

I have 12 full slots. I was hoping to pick up 2 more from anniversary sales. I need one slot for rev and one for a key farmer. I kinda kept my last key farmer because I liked it too much to delete it. XD I like to have extra mesmers parked in jumping puzzles and Rhendak.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

17 Lv. 80’s (2 of each profession except 3 warrior), with 160 tomes of knowledge ready to make two lv. 80 Revenants on launch day. A serious case of altoholism here.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I have 120 characters. Spread across dozens of f2p accounts.
Seriously, I have 7 characters right now. One of every profession besides engineer.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

4 Warriors
1 Ranger
1 Necromancer
1 Guardian
1 free slot.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

19 Level 80s… I make a new one for each spec.

Eg, my 4 Necros;

- Dagger/Warhorn Wellbomber
- Condi Necro
- Minion Master
- Axe/Focus Healing Build with Transfusion

Will make a new one for Reaper.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I have 3 80s. Never touch anything but my guardian. With HoT release will play on a revenant and most likely never anything else

Posted by: Revel Fallonia.4270

Revel Fallonia.4270

15~16 and I plan to boost that to 20 when character slots go on sale again. But as AliceKaye.1903 and others have said gets as many as you want as long as you’re having fun and you aren’t just getting them to get them.

Posted by: BlueFeather.9012

BlueFeather.9012

I used to keep 10 characters. Now I only keep 7 with 100% story and map, no duplicate profession. I don’t have a Thief although I used to have one. I can’t finish the map and story with Thief, so I thought he doesn’t need to be kept in my account.

I have another account with 5 chars all 3 years old but I don’t play with it.

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I have 8 chars lv 80 full equiped (1 of each class) + 4 that I use only for pvp.
After HoT release, I will increase to 9 the chars lv 80.

Posted by: Scifi.9754

Scifi.9754

I’m a mainoholic (rare species), I have one main at 80 and an alt at lvl 2 that carries my extra crap.

Hello kindred spirit! I’m in the same boat. I’ve got one lvl80 that I play pretty much exclusively. A lvl 30 alt (via one of those upgrade scrolls) that I dabble around with when I want to play someone “cute”.

Oh and one beta toon I’ll probably be dumping after the beta.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Mine fluctuates. I create them, then delete them and repeat. But consistently I have 8 or 9.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

18 lvl 80’s , 9 with 100% map

• 3 warriors, Norn(X), Norn(X),Charr
    -DPS PS GS & A/M
    -Hybrid S/S & LB
    -Support A/W & Hmr
  • 3 necro’s Sylvari,Charr(X),Human(X)
    - S/D & Stf Terrormancer
    - D/F & Stf Healing Transusion
    - D/D & Staff Well Hybrid
  • 3 rangers Sylvari(X),Norn,Charr
    - S/W & LB Spotter Pew-pew
    - A/T & A/D Hybrid Trapper
    - (Mule/ General Condi build, will respect when HoT arrives or will take place of previous)
  • 3 guardians Sylvari(X),Norn,Human
    - M/S & Stf Shout clean/healtank.
    - M/T & GS Burn Build
    - M/T & Staff Glass heal support
  • 2 eles Human(X), Human
    - Staff DPS
    - Staff Support
  • 2 mesmers Sylvari(X),Norn
    - PU Condi
    - DPS/Shatter
  • 1 thief Sylvari(X)
    - P/P & S/P Fun Build
  • 1 engineer Norn
    - MULE- (was the one proffession I was hyped for in Pre Launch, Never liked playing it, love the capabilities But really hate the cannister)
  • -one free slot-

6 Norns, 5 Sylvari, 4 Humans, 3 Charr: 18 totals
(X)= world completion

All max sized. in PvP you need small char, in PvE you need big ones, preferbly with sclerite backs, Spinal Blades, Black or White feather wings or Zephyrite Backs.

Just fill the screen, with The Mean Machine

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: chearn.8312

chearn.8312

I have four. I’m a newer player (started about a month and a half ago).

I have yet to hit 80 on anything because I cannot make up my mind on what to play.

So far I have :
60 Guardian (love the Heavy Armor look but not a fan of the mechanics)
15 Mesmer (neat mechanics but I hate all Light Armor)
10 Ranger (hate pet mechanics but the armor is alright and bows are really done well)
20 Necromancer (neat mechanics but again light armor)

I think I’m just struggling because I like playing tanks. It’s awesome they don’t exist. But it also leaves a lot of “I need to figure out what I like in this game”.

I’m really excited for a Revenant though. Seems right up my alley.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

At this time i have 15 characters, all level 80;
(2 mesmers, 3 ele’s, 2 necro’s, 1 thief, 2 engi’s, 2 rangers, 2 warriors, 1 guard)

but i still have 3 open character slots, 2 for future revenants, and 1 wildcard (not yet sure , most likely a thief )

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Nine
I had made each profession and an extra thief (I made a great looking female charr when I had a go at key farming but I don’t want to delete my current thief whose I made since launch) which I used her as a mule character (keep some of my junk since my bank is full).
Granted it going to be 10 soon once the expansion is out. Well ok it could be 11 cos of the extra slot but I’m not sure wheather to make another Rev/ War (I finally nailed down a heavy armoured Asura armor) or keep it blank whenever I want to key farm again (which is unlikely).

Honestly, if I had more time and money I could make a could more like with my second theif, I made other profession under different race that has good armour combos on them.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I presently have 18 characters. I think 15 of them are 80s.

My original intent was 1 of each profession as a human, and then 1 of each armor weight for each of the other races (which, now with Revenant, is 21 characters). Now though, in addition to my full set of humans, I think I’m going to do a full set of Asura as well (because they have cute animations). And maybe Sylvari too.

And that’s just my main account lol.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

14. I actually play all of them as I mainly pvp. If this game had build templates like gw2 I would have less.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

22 all level 80 13 with map completion. 3 slots to make more waiting to see what changes will apply after the HoT release.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

Create as many as you want to play. Who cares how many others have?

I saw a signature on GW2RP’s forum with like 50 characters on it. I was a bit taken aback, but I think I only have 6, because that’s all the money I’ve put into expanding my troupe. That being said, I’ve also deleted like four different 80’s.

I say if you want fifteen, go for it!

You’re a really encouraging person, go you!
You basically said what I wanted to say WE SHUD B FRENZ!!!

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

37 total and 14 of them are lvl 80s, waiting for character slot sale before adding more….

Posted by: FunnyCide.5426

FunnyCide.5426

I have four total. Out of those four I have my main who gets the most love, an alt, a mule, and a crafter.

Seriously though, play as many as makes you happy and you have fun with.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

hi everybody…. Im corrynn…. And I am an addict… PHEW boy, was that hard to say in front of everyone… Now that you know, I have been an addict for many years. At first it was just trying it out, you know, to see if i liked it and stuff. All my friends were doing it, so, I had to too. Then slowly, and ever so slightly, I began craving more… the cravings werent bad at first, but after a while… I just had to have more and more!

It has taken over my life! I went from buying just a character slot every other month or so, to now where I have multiple accounts!!! I wish I could STOP!! yesterday was my 36th toon… I haven’t even gotten the ones I had before all the way to 80. I have about 18 leveled up to 8, but the rest… they just sit there… starring at me… begging me to use them with those sad eyes. Always those eyes… Its like they pierce right through me! Why cant I get those eyes out of my head?!? Its like they want meto me to… to… to go i….go….InsaNe…. GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!(^&$)(YPIUS;jkbsljd gfuy3t4o737 3239a8 9((^&*% 564548990

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’m on the verge of becoming an alt-a-holic myself.

Zerina In Aeternum: Level 80 Aura Necromancer (my first and most played character).
Alastrine Aeternum: Level 43 Human Elementalist.
Thorsimund: Level 80 Charr Warrior.
Embrace of Midnight: Level 33 Human Mesmer.
Jaxxi Deus: Level 12 Asura Elementalist (I just made her two days ago).

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

2 Rangers, 2Thieves, 2 Warriors, 2 Elementalists, 2 Guardians, 1 Engineer, 1 Necromancer, 1 Mesmer and soon 1 Revenant. So 14 characters total with one free slot for farming. I don’t have any plans or needs for any other characters.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

I have 16 level 80’s fully geared, fully equipped with 1 spare slot for revenant. I do like some of the differences in race skills, as Sylvari Mes has different skills to Human Mes, so that’s why I expanded to all races, all professions, but love each one of them. Some people have 1 main, and get just as much enjoyment out of 1 as some of us get on multiple toons. I just love the attitude of Asura Mes also, tiny little toon, but deadly and to watch her take down big opponents is part of the fun factor for me.

Posted by: adRocZ.2019

adRocZ.2019

Wow, I thought my 15 was ridiculous Glad to see more people are like me. I like having a variety and making them look different and awesome. I also like to test different builds on different ones. Since there is nothing out there to save builds to swap whenever, I like just be able to jump on a different character.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

I have 6 80s: Human Necro, Sylvari Ele, Human Guard, Human Ranger, Sylvari Mes, Norn Theif , and 1 non 80: Norn War (I may re-re-re-re-re…..re-re-re-roll this one…again).

I have 2 character slots available to me if I ever want a Engi or Rev….at the moment I’m content with what I have…except the war. I keep going between Charr, Norn, and Asura. I just can’t decide 100% on if I want one lol.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I have 5. for now I play 3. One is my main, one only when I play with my bf, and one that I just started as an alt for when I’m bored.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

24. 80% of them are RP based,
in some way or another.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

One per Profession-which as well shouldn’t affect at all your personal choice of playing 50, or only one. Only you should care, not us.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I have 4 right now. I have 3 extra slots from getting HoT just sitting there. I will end up getting at least one of each race just to do the achievements, lol. They are all level 80 but only one has full map completion. The other’s are sitting at around 50% for mapping. Every so often I will work on 5% to 10% at a time per char. Eventually I will get to full maps on all of them.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I originally planned on having one of each profession but now I’m considering making more for some of the elite specs like Dragonhunter and Druid.

Posted by: FrigginPaco.4178

FrigginPaco.4178

Some trivia: the cap is 69 characters! Wow!

I have 16 total so far.

Two from each class, even split between male and female.

Mostly humans, 3 norn, 1 asura, 2 sylvari, 1 charr. One character has 100% (Before the removal of the mists as a requirement! XD)

My rationale was getting some characters with specializations and some dedicated to the vanilla professions. This was before the info was revealed that they would take up trait slots to actually give you the specialization. Still, I like having a good pool of characters to choose from. They’re all unique and fit some sort of theme.

I have 3 extra slots, 2 for rev and 1 more for whatever may come next.

(edited by FrigginPaco.4178)