How many characters do you have?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have 2.

A 80 guardian and Necro. I don’t get how people can get so many 80s so fast. I have a friend that’s almost getting 100% completion on all his characters!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Only 1 character, a LvL80 Sylvari Ranger.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

I have 2.

A 80 guardian and Necro. I don’t get how people can get so many 80s so fast. I have a friend that’s almost getting 100% completion on all his characters!

Out of all of my 80’s i have already two with 100% world completion and five with more than 50 . And my goal is to make all of 8 80’s to get 100 world completion.

I really enjoy the world Anet created and I don’t find it boring nor dull, with exception of few really annoying hearts (Jotun exchange comes to my mind first) and vistas.

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Five. Three of them are level 80 and have been for quite a while. Currently the other two slots are a new character (level 2) and another who’s in her 40’s, and who I think is a keeper. I’ve created and deleted quite a few different characters in those two slots; my ‘big three’ get the most play by far.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: sbr.8170

sbr.8170

I have 7:

Level 80 Guardian
Level 80 Elementalist
Level 80 Thief
Level 80 Necro
Level 80 Warrior
Level 48 Ranger
Lever 26 Mesmer

Guardian is my main and favorite. Necro is my main go-to WvW character. I just finsihed the Warrior last week for running dungeons. Ele is OK, but don’t use him much. I don’t like the Thief.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I have 8. One of every prof. 6 are 80, the others are only level 2. I might delete my level 2 ranger and just make a second guardian. I have a norn guardian, but I so much want a heavy armored asura because they look adorable. Or should I make him a warrior? Asura doing 100b is adorable as well.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have 5 permanent characters – a ranger, ele, thief, engi and guardian. But only the ranger is level 80.

I also have a 6th slot that I use to create random extra characters to try out professions or other personal stories.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

15…five are lvl 80
80 human Necro
80 human Mesmer
80 norn Guardian
80 norn Ranger
80 charr Thief
working on sylvari Ele [lvl 75 now]
the rest are lvl 30s+
except my one and only engineer is lvl 5 cuz i couldnt get into it

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

3 80s

And I thought I was an altaholic oO

I’m glad you can be a proper altaholic in GW2

And btw:

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Currently on 18 Characters, 13 level 80s.

1. Asura Elementalist
2. Asura Mesmer
3. Sylvari Mesmer
4. Human Mesmer
5. Asura Guardian
6. Charr Guardian
7. Norn Warrior
8. Human Warrior
9. Human Thief
10. Asura Engineer
11. Asura Necromancer
12. Human Necromancer
13. Norn Ranger

14. Asura Ranger
15. Charr Engineer
16. Human Guardian
17. Human Elementalist
18. Sylvari Thief

1-13 are full exotics + I finally finished The Emperor title. This is what altohlicism does to you folks. This woman will never see the light of day again! Thanks to the team for making such dynamic races and classes that allow us to do this without us feeling like we are repeating content. Amazing.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Posted by: Pravda.7641

Pravda.7641

5 the highest being 37. I switch between characters too much that it takes me much longer to hit the level cap. I’m still trying to decide on a 1 and only main character though. Its a long process for me.

1 Human, 4 Charr. I kinda love the Charr

Harbard.5738

Currently on 18 Characters, 13 level 80s.

1. Asura Elementalist
2. Asura Mesmer
3. Sylvari Mesmer
4. Human Mesmer
5. Asura Guardian
6. Charr Guardian
7. Norn Warrior
8. Human Warrior
9. Human Thief
10. Asura Engineer
11. Asura Necromancer
12. Human Necromancer
13. Norn Ranger

14. Asura Ranger
15. Charr Engineer
16. Human Guardian
17. Human Elementalist
18. Sylvari Thief

1-13 are full exotics + I finally finished The Emperor title. This is what altohlicism does to you folks. This woman will never see the light of day again! Thanks to the team for making such dynamic races and classes that allow us to do this without us feeling like we are repeating content. Amazing.

Holy crap! Way to go.! I’m liking this thread.
I’m just a padawan :P

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

I’m planning to have all class to lvl 80, what I have right now are:

Human Male: Warrior (lvl 80)
Human Female: Mesmer, Thief and Elementalist (all lvl 80)
Norn Female: Guardian (lvl 80)
Charr Male: Necromancer (lvl 80)
Asura Male: Ranger (lvl 80)
Sylvari Male: Engineer (lvl 18)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Seven and a blank spot for farming BL keys

Two 80s so far, no charr, no guardian

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Tried to resist posting here and failed:

43 alts. See post on thread link below for details. (Have now added Elementalist to guild Fractal runs..yay!)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/For-those-with-more-than-8-toons/first#post2403227
I believe there is a gentleman on the same thread who posted he also has 43 alts.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

43 alts. see post on this thread for details. (Have now added Elementalist to guild Fractal runs..yay!)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/For-those-with-more-than-8-toons/first#post2403227
I believe there is also a gentleman on the same thread who posted he also has 43 alts.

I was wondering where you were!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Fairymore.8609

Fairymore.8609

I am impressed with how so many players have more than three level cap characters. I have an:
80 guardian
80 engineer
80 mesmer
and a low level warrior and elementalist.

I struggled very much to level up my mesmer and I have yet to recover from the leveling bun out though months have passed. Three level cap characters and Map completion has severely diminished the thrill of experiencing the world(for a 4th time).

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I was wondering where you were!

Lol! Was trying to not encourage this altaholic sickness!

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I have 10:
Human Ranger L80
Norn Guardian L80
Human Warrior L80
Human Mesmer L80
Human Necromancer L80
Human Elementalist L80

Asura Mesmer L50
Sylvari Necromancer L30 something
Human Thief under L30
Human Engineer also under L30

Obviously I do prefer playing humans but I love my Asura now. She is so adorable. It took me a while to create a Sylvari but I am beginning to like her now too. One day I might make a Charr but they don’t really appeal to me at the moment.

Edit: They are all girls too. I have not yet created a male character.

Love to hear that some people have 43 alts. Wow. That is amazing and maybe one day I will get there too.

(edited by Figlilly.3907)

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

5 females, 4 males. All races.

lvl 80: guardian, mesmer, elementalist, warrior, thief
less than that: necro, ranger, engineer and second mesmer.

I’m trying to avoid getting too many of them. In my previous game I had like 10 accounts and 30-40 characters. In that game the equipment usually wasn’t account bound until later years though… most of the time having more characters means a lot of work and very little rewards, although making and having alts is most certainly a lot of fun.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I’ve got 16. One male and female of each class. In order of level (Orders listed for lower level characters may just be planned, if they can’t join yet):

80 – Griever Stormlion, Male Charr Guardian of the Vigil
80 – Gunther Ironfang, Male Norn Warrior of the Order of Whispers
80 – Lunaticia, Female Human Mesmer of the Order of Whispers
80 – Melchior Caradoc (MAIN), Male Human Elementalist of the Durmand Priory
60 – Hugo Clashcannon, Male Charr Engineer of the Durmand Priory
60 – Zigg of Magpie Labs, Male Asura Necromancer of the Vigil
50 – Celene the Amaranth, Female Sylvari Guardian of the Durmant Priory
45 – Cadfael the Dogwood, Male Sylvari Ranger of the Order of Whispers
40 – Eden Donovan, Human Female Warrior of the Vigil
40 – Rukhsana Gallowtree, Female Norn Thief of the Vigil
25 – Alastor Malich, Male Human Thief of the Order of Whispers
25 – Kara Maronsdottir, Female Norn Necromancer of the Durmand Priory
20 – Ekko of Magpie Labs, Female Asura Engineer of the Order of Whispers
20 – Madeen Cinderthorn, Female Charr Elementalist of the Order of Whispers
15 – Clarent the Redcap, Male Sylvari Mesmer of the Vigil
10 – Mallory Leblanc, Female Human Ranger of the Durmand Priory

Yes, it’s deliberate that they’re all at multiples of five. The current plan is to get everyone to the next highest multiple of 20, if they’re not sitting at one right now, until I’ve got 4 sets of 80, 60, 40 and 20. As of today’s leveling, where Eden just barely hit 40, my average level is 45.625. Only 70 total character levels to go to bring that average up to 50! And 550 total levels to a full set of 16 80s :-P

The last two, Clarent and Mallory, are probably just going to be placeholders until a 6th race comes along. I’ll get them to 20 and just park them, unless either of their roleplaying personae really grab hold of me. That would leave me with only 2 each of Asura, Sylvari and the new race. Hopefully a 3rd Heavy Armor class would also come along, so I could make a Female Asura and Male (new race) of that class. Then the final gap would be filled by a 3rd Elementalist, a Sylvari Male, since it’s my favorite class. Humans get to be greedy and have 4-5 because a couple of them are recreations of my main characters from older MMOs, and are non-negotiable to fit my needlessly complex patterns. The original version of Melchior Caradoc was a Final Fantasy XI Black Mage, while the original version of Lunaticia was… well… it’s complicated, but one version of her was a Mind Control/Psionic Assault Dominator, which is about as mesmery as you could get in that game without Illusion Control ever making it to the Dominator archetype.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

43 alts. See post on thread link below for details. (Have now added Elementalist to guild Fractal runs..yay!)

I believe there is a gentleman on the same thread who posted he also has 43 alts.

And I seriously thought that there’s something wrong with me when I created 9th character… It warms my heart up to know that there’s way more players having way more than 8 characters.
On the other hand – great write up about your toons and the reasons behind creating them

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

8 characters 1 of each class. 3 are 80s (warrior(PVE), guardian(WvW), thief(first character), rest are everywhere from 25-45. I pretty much level up my alts exclusively by doing the daily with whichever I am currently trying to level and then going to work on the living story or do some WvW.

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

7x 80s, the last one is a Thief. Personal Story completed on all 7 except for the Arah story (I’ve done it twice, slowly waiting for guildies to finish theirs so we can do guild runs).

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’ve got 15. 6 of them are 80s; necro/ranger/warrior/thief/engi/ele. My mesmer and guardian are both at 29. The rest are assorted duplicates of different races.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Harbard.5738

Wow! 43! I missed those threads. I have never been so surprised about anything related to playing habits in this game as right now. oO

It sooo makes me want to have a peak at the metrics and all other playstyle info devs collect and also are able to see real time… <cuts to a bored analyst looking at a bunch of numbers and acronyms on a screen> Ok, it might not be fun at all :P

(edited by Harbard.5738)

Posted by: Kaiem.8297

Kaiem.8297

9 characters at the mo.

80 male charr warrior
80 male sylvari Mesmer
80 male human ranger
80 male asura elementalist
80 male norn guardian
80 male human thief
80 male charr engineer
75 male norn necromancer (finished this week hopefully)
21 male human warrior

All the 80’s have full exotics and ascended amulet. The long term plan is two of each class and one female of each race.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

5 80’s.

Trying to stomach leveling the other classes not via crafting.
2 humans, 3 norns, 2 charr, 2 sylvari, 1 asura.
Classes doubled up on=guardian and ele.

Not getting any more character slots until:
1. Need more space.
2. More races/classes are released.

First 5 months played my own personal trinity most often: Thief/Guard/Mesmer

Last 5/6 months: Pretty much stick to guardian more so than the other classes just because of how versatile they are. Guardian to me is Guild Wars 2 greatest achievement to how much and how long they have been in a great spot balance wise. Nothing op about them, even the underpowered stuff isn’t really far off.

Posted by: Danny Tsui.7840

Danny Tsui.7840

Hi all altaholics !

Nice to know there are many of you out there that are just as if not more dedicated than myself !

I have 12 level 80s and 13 characters in total. Looking to max it to 16 total.

Planning to have male and female of each race and profession.

If anyone looking to run dungeon repeatedly with your many alts, you should look me up ! I am expereniced with all dungeons from AC to Arah (Dungeon Master).

I am also one of the guild leader that run all the guild missions (bounty to puzzle) on the weekend (Oceanic/SEA prime time), if interested send me a mail or whisper me !

Danny Tsui
Physically located in Sydney Australia
Virtually located in Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Naz.9156

Naz.9156

I have 5 characters, my level 80 toons are Norn Engineer, Human Ranger and Human Guardian. The rest are level 52 Human Ele and level 20 Human kitten.

All are female.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Six. Four 80s, two up-and-coming. No warrior or engineer (although Engineer will probably be my 7th if I ever want to start another character.)

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

43 characters, hard to recall off hand but I’d say 12+ 80s, a pile over 50, and few under 20.

What can I say? I love this game and like creating and leveling characters.

It’s hard for me to believe but I do now kind of have a main. He is the 4th of 5 Rangers I leveled to 80. An Asuran Ranger. 336 hours on him over the past 5 months. I’m glad I found my comfort zone main character wise in game. Leveling all the others was fun and insightful (and continuing).

Most of my character creation has followed a plan of wanting one of each profession per race, but sometimes when I hit a wall with one (or all) I make another on a whim. If they are not satisfying come about level 20 they get deleted and a new one springs up (hitting level 20 takes me a day, two at most).

I have explored all the various personal story paths I think with all three Orders. Hopefully I’m mistaken in that and another untraveled path or two are still awaiting discovery.

My acct has 2,807 hours over 10 months.

Attachments:

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

(edited by Ferguson.2157)

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Eight. Of which four are 80, and another is mid-70s. (Ele, Thief, Ranger, Mesmer 80s, a 7x Guardian, and the rest of the classes <30)

My elementalist and thief get the most playtime though – Ranger is too hard to get results on par with anyone else, and Mesmer is just god-awful at getting around unless you equip a focus. (While Elementalist has perma-swiftness and a movement signet, and Thief has movement signet and tons of dashing… plus Shadow Refuge, for every fight you don’t want to do).

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

43 characters, hard to recall off hand but I’d say 12+ 80s, a pile over 50, and few under 20.

What can I say? I love this game and like creating and leveling characters.

It’s hard for me to believe but I do now kind of have a main. He is the 4th of 5 Rangers I leveled to 80. An Asuran Ranger. 336 hours on him over the past 5 months. I’m glad I found my comfort zone main character wise in game. Leveling all the others was fun and insightful (and continuing).

Most of my character creation has followed a plan of wanting one of each profession per race, but sometimes when I hit a wall with one (or all) I make another on a whim. If they are not satisfying come about level 20 they get deleted and a new one springs up (hitting level 20 takes me a day, two at most).

I have explored all the various personal story paths I think with all three Orders. Hopefully I’m mistaken in that and another untraveled path or two are still awaiting discovery.

My acct has 2,807 hours over 10 months.

………

On topic. I have 12 characters. 3 level 80.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I currently have seven characters, three of which are level 80 and I’m working on a forth (currently 25).

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: ManiumX.4735

ManiumX.4735

Wow, I’m amazed by how many characters some of you guys have. Granted I’m one of those people who plays hard for awhile, goes to another game for a few months then comes back to play hard again.

Currently I have a total of 6 characters.

Level 80 thief, warrior, necromancer

Level 20 Mesmer

Level 5 Elementalist, Engineer

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

8×80, had to get all professions, all of them are geared, too. And I have one extra slot, which might be turning into another guardian.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

Posted by: EpicHenchman.6594

EpicHenchman.6594

8 Characters. 5 L80, 3 L30-40. 1 Norn & Sylvari, 2 Human, Charr & Asura.

80 Norn ranger, 80 Charr warrior, 80 Human Guardian, 80 Asura Thief, 80 Char Elementalist, 40 Human Mesmer, 35 Sylvari Necromancer, 30 Asura Engineer.