How many crowns for precurser

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I guess this is what a lot of us a wondering, can we get some enlightenment on this please

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

They haven’t shared any more information than what is on the main page post. My guess is it’s doubtful they would add precursors in the list. They are talking about the scavenger hunt that will be out at the earliest April.

Seren.6850

They haven’t shared any more information than what is on the main page post. My guess is it’s doubtful they would add precursors in the list. They are talking about the scavenger hunt that will be out at the earliest April.

Colin has said “you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.”

Just want to calculate if I have enough achievement points to get one

Posted by: UrbanEMP.2654

UrbanEMP.2654

So you’ve read the same article as the rest us, I’m assuming? What makes you think we got any more information than you did?

He hasn’t released any information on how much the pre-cursors will cost with the crowns…

Just be patient.

Posted by: Neishi.5309

Neishi.5309

I highly doubt they’ll be available for purchase at the crown token merchant. That would create another grind.

Seren.6850

No this information isnt from the article, it’s sourced from 2 different threads Colin posted in, were he talked about the rewards system and in the other thread said scavenger hunt is a no go for now but the precursers will be able to bought in the new reward system. The only thing Colin hasn’t confirmed is how many crowns they cost

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Well the crowns are only going to be for the daily and monthly quests to start, so the amount of points you have now doesn’t matter. In the future should they ever add precursers to the vendor I doubt they will tell anyone what the price will be in advance.

Seren.6850

have you got a precurser for sale on the TP now or something krom, they are being added to the token vendor, the devs said they are, and they said they are retroactively converting our acheivement points to crowns

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

I just want to quickly clarify to set expectations, nothing in the blog post, nor nothing we’ve said anywhere has said you will be able to buy precursor items directly for crowns, this is not the case. We’ve simply said we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them to the game until we’ve implemented the eventual precursor scavenger hunt.

Long term we’ll be working on the scavenger hunt concept to track down and earn a precursor item as a direct form of earning the reward. We’ll discuss that in more detail in the future once a design and implementation has been finalized.

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

Thank you for the quick response.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Why not explore such currency rewards for metaevent bosses and particularly the dragons? 45 minutes spent fighting a huge dragon only to receive 4 obsolete blue pieces and two also obsolete green crests.

Looking at removing blues/greens at levels where people reliably have rares or exotics and looking at conversion for lower tier crafting mats to be equivalently rewarding as t5/6 is a good suggestion as well. Nobody cares about destroyer slivers because the longevity of lv30 crafted rares does not compare to the longevity of lv80 gear.

You might also want to tie in the storyline completion to the legendary. The GW2 story in this game feels completely optional and I could experience most of the game without knowing the background or significance of Destiny’s Edge or the struggle with Zhaitan since most of the rewards are concentrated in farming areas and fractals — which don’t involve much story.

Seren.6850

Thanks Colin, seems to contradict what you said in the scavenger hunt thread though.

““you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.” – Colin Johanson

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Thanks Colin, seems to contradict what you said in the scavenger hunt thread though.

““you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.” – Colin Johanson

To be fair, that reward system doesn’t really take advantage of that open persistent world, at all.

Dailies and Monthly’s Woo.

Who knows, perhaps they have another one lined up. I’ll admit, I’m a bit disappointed with what the system turned out to be. Looking forward to WvW and the resolution to the ascended gear issue.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Seren.6850

Yeah looks like another 6 months of waiting for them to fix precursers, don’t see what the issue is, put them up for 400 crowns, give them out for finishing story mode.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Oops, time for a redact. That statement does conflict with the previous statement he made in the scavenger hunt thread. He mentions precursors with a new reward system, they mention a new reward system, put two and two together and one would think “Oh hey, this reward system will contain precusors” but of course we should have all learned by now that what they say and what we get are never the same.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

I just want to quickly clarify to set expectations, nothing in the blog post, nor nothing we’ve said anywhere has said you will be able to buy precursor items directly for crowns, this is not the case. We’ve simply said we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them to the game until we’ve implemented the eventual precursor scavenger hunt.

Long term we’ll be working on the scavenger hunt concept to track down and earn a precursor item as a direct form of earning the reward. We’ll discuss that in more detail in the future once a design and implementation has been finalized.

Just to touch on this a bit, anet said a while back they were going to start making a legendary more attainable and we’d notice that over the “next coming updates” – Well what exactly since then(besides the one time karka event, that some didnt even attend) has been changed?

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Scavenger hunt thread:

Hey guys,

Just a quick update on where the whole scavenger hunt system stands since I know that’s a topic many of you have brought up recently. We’re not currently actively working on building any sort of legendary precursor scavenger hunt, this is something we want to do in the future and we’re in the midst of designing how this would function, but no one is actively building this feature and you should not expect in the Jan/Feb/March releases at this point.

We are however working on expanding reward systems to make them more re-rewarding across all parts of the game, making the open world more rewarding, and adding new ways you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.

Some of these additions will come as early as the January release, and will get covered in more detail in the next week or two as well release all the details about this release once testing has signed off it’s all ready to go in January. (we’ll also provide a high level summary of our goals with reward systems, etc. in our 2013 blog post, which should be out next week)

Source

Now:

Thoughts?

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

The statements

you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.

and

We’ve simply said we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them to the game until we’ve implemented the eventual precursor scavenger hunt.

don’t conflict/contradict each other. The second statement is just less specific than the first. For all we know they’re reworking how loot tables work behind the scenes and that’s the new reward system he’s referring to, we just don’t have nearly enough information to make any assumptions at this point.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Contradictory indeed.

Just add them as a reward at 200-400 crowns and have done with it. We’re bored of this song and dance just to get one item.

SadieDeAtreia.8912

The statements

you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.

and

We’ve simply said we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them to the game until we’ve implemented the eventual precursor scavenger hunt.

don’t conflict/contradict each other. The second statement is just less specific than the first. For all we know they’re reworking how loot tables work behind the scenes and that’s the new reward system he’s referring to, we just don’t have nearly enough information to make any assumptions at this point.

Yes, exactly, we dont have enough information, that is part of the reason for my post.
Why, please can anyone tell me, why is it so difficult for them to give us a definite answer on this? If they tell us that we wont see anything for the next 6 months its perfectly fine. Players can move on to some other activity in game like leveling alts or whatever or play something else while waiting on this feature. But statements like the one in the scavenger hunt thread had a lot of people believing that we would at least see some form of temporary fix in the coming update.

If they want to manage expectation give us an approximate timeframe and more information on what is planned.

Its seriously difficult to keep the kittens away

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

They just dont know anything and they shouldnt say anything. It seems they are all flailing around behind the scenes without a direction. The first statement said obtain the second say try to get into there somehow maybe. That is a huge and distinct difference.
I have given up believing anything they say since they have no hesitation throw it under the bus if it doesnt suit them at the time.
So we may or may not have a scav hunt next year 2014 expansion I take it then. So dont bother and just convert gems →gold and buy it off the TP right that is the point.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

The statements

and

Yes, exactly, we dont have enough information, that is part of the reason for my post.
Why, please can anyone tell me, why is it so difficult for them to give us a definite answer on this? If they tell us that we wont see anything for the next 6 months its perfectly fine. Players can move on to some other activity in game like leveling alts or whatever or play something else while waiting on this feature. But statements like the one in the scavenger hunt thread had a lot of people believing that we would at least see some form of temporary fix in the coming update.

If they want to manage expectation give us an approximate timeframe and more information on what is planned.

Its seriously difficult to keep the kittens away

People ask for a more open level of communication with the Devs, and they got that when the Scavenger Hunt was originally mentioned. But a relaxed stance to the dissemination of information does not go easily with deadlines and the iterative process that development can be. The short of it is that the Devs may well just not know when certain projects will be finished until they are, because that’s just what iterative development is. The Hunt in particular could well be a big part of the game, requiring a lot of work – both conceptual and technical. It might be nice for someone to say that either this or similar long-term projects will be coming ‘within 6 months’, but imagine if this pet project were stalled for whatever reason, regardless of Dev’s wishes? Or shelved? Imagine the community feedback?

They’re kitten if they do and kitten if they don’t.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

How is his statement contradictory? There are already reward systems in the game, the achievement one (rewarding crowns) will just be another. And there might be even more ways to rewards us in the future. The achievement system isnt the only thing taking advantage of the open world (heck, its not even just for the open world but for all areas of the game).

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

This is pretty cut and dried by the looks of things, and quite sad.

Precursors are still going to be on a 0.0001% drop rate, they sent Lyndsey off to come up with a Powerpoint presentation on how a Scavenger Hunt might work and might go with it, but don’t expect it in the game any time in the next 2 years.

They’ll “try” to find other places to add them on a 0.0001% drop rate, but hey, looking for places to add more RNG to a game already saturated with RNG is hard, okay? Give them a kitten break, it’s not like they can just “insert” precursors into “loot tables” or “adjust” the “drop rates”. These things have to be thought about.

If analysis shows that most gems are being converted to gold, and most of that gold is being spent on the Trade Post on Precursors, why would the company self-nerf one of it’s main sources of income by making precursors more abundant and therefore cheaper? Come on now. They’ll “try”, but they won’t try that hard.

Precursors will remain at or above current prices, and gold will become harder to get than ever. You will never get one. Might as well give up or go buy some gold from the Chinese.

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

but no one is actively building this feature and you should not expect in the Jan/Feb/March releases at this point.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

It would be nice if ArenaNet told us about how they plan to address precursors:

• Will it be through a system that requires us to get X of a given reward? Say, get 1.000.000 karma or 100 gold or 180 tokens from every dungeon or whatever, and exchange it exactly for the precursor you want?

• Will it be through RNG? Such as increasing the drop rate of precursors from Dragon chests or increasing the drop rate from the Mystic Forge or adding more lottery-like items with a chance to give precursors?

• Or are they going to wait until the scavenger hunt, which is still in the conceptualization phase?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

It would be nice if ArenaNet told us about how they plan to address precursors:

They have told us, the answer is none of the above. Not doing anything. Might add some more chests somewhere with a tiny chance to get one if you’re lucky, but other than that, nah.

Precursors are fine anyway, what are you complaining about? They only cost $400 in gems. It’s absolutely fine that a small number of people are controlling the market by buying them all up to relist for a higher price, as that simply makes them cost more in gems. Some would call that exploiting, but I see it as free market economics

Posted by: Tup.1803

Tup.1803

Colin has said “you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.”

Just want to calculate if I have enough achievement points to get one

They also said there would be new achievements for the system when it comes out. I’m not saying they won’t give use tokens or crowns for our existing achievement points, but I would hope you consider that they are not the same thing.

(edited by Tup.1803)

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

To clarify how many crowns you will get and the existing achievements, check out this post There are ANet posts about it there.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the whole precursor thing. It is a bit misleading hearing that they will be obtained via new reward system then them saying that it won’t be. But who knows if this is the last new reward system they will be adding. All I know is, he said “We’ve simply said we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them to the game until we’ve implemented the eventual precursor scavenger hunt.” At least they are trying to add new ways to obtain it in the world. Hopefully they will let us know those ways to obtain it when they release all of this.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I like that they are trying to fix things…

The legendary gear seems extra hazy to me, no idea why though, but things that stick out bad to me are the unaddressed stuff, DR, loot drops etc?

Posted by: DevilMotors.4079

DevilMotors.4079

This please!

In all my years of MMO Gaming, the most memorable Experience was getting my Epic 1.0 and the Scavenger Hunt to get the Epic 1.5 / 2.0 on my rogue in EverQuest 1.

I know a good Scavenger Hunt can be pretty hard to set up, balancing time investment, challenge and reward along the way to keep people on going, but I have faith.

You can do it. :-)

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Just to so everyone understands, he said reward “System(S)”, with an S. Plural.

That means it doesn’t have to refer to this system, singular, that we’ve been told about.

Scavenger hunt + Achievement tokens = 2 kinds of reward systemS. Again, plural. One we know about but will not include precursors and the other we don’t know about but will include precursors. Whatever happens in between is still up in the air.

So no, there hasn’t been a contradiction by the devs.

You’re welcome, Colin. Lol

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

That means it doesn’t have to refer to this system, singular, that we’ve been told about.

Scavenger hunt + Achievement tokens = 2 kinds of reward systemS. Again, plural. One we know about but will not include precursors and the other we don’t know about but will include precursors. Whatever happens in between is still up in the air.

They aren’t currently working on a precursor scavenger hunt

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

But they are designing it. Link

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Linsey is working on it, but they don’t have anything set at all. It’s all still very drawing board from what I gather. Colin cleared up some confusion last week in a thread about that. I for one am glad they are taking their time and doing it right this time. I don’t want something rushed. It was done poorly and put in the game. This time they will take care not to push the feature to game too soon. They did however make a killing on gems from people buying pre-cusrors on the BLTC in the first few weeks though so you can’t fault them for their business acumen.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Precursor here, precursor there, it seems like thats all people talk about currently.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Precursor here, precursor there, it seems like thats all people talk about currently.

well it’s all they have for PvE endgame lol

And yes, i understand the whole leveling experience is endgame but cmon, you can only really do what you want once you hit 80. lol

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

This.

Also, did not occur to anyone that they may have multiple new reward systems in development? Just because it isn’t in this reward system doesn’t mean it won’t be in some other one to be implemented at a later date.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Posted by: pequenisimo.1207

pequenisimo.1207

So, 2 quotes: “you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.” and “we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them”.
I’m gonna just say that the first quote is null and I’m assuming by the 2nd quote that they will simply have more precursors drop from the big Events they have planned.

Posted by: Evelynddra.9265

Evelynddra.9265

Scavenger hunt thread:

Hey guys,

Just a quick update on where the whole scavenger hunt system stands since I know that’s a topic many of you have brought up recently. We’re not currently actively working on building any sort of legendary precursor scavenger hunt, this is something we want to do in the future and we’re in the midst of designing how this would function, but no one is actively building this feature and you should not expect in the Jan/Feb/March releases at this point.

We are however working on expanding reward systems to make them more re-rewarding across all parts of the game, making the open world more rewarding, and adding new ways you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.

Some of these additions will come as early as the January release, and will get covered in more detail in the next week or two as well release all the details about this release once testing has signed off it’s all ready to go in January. (we’ll also provide a high level summary of our goals with reward systems, etc. in our 2013 blog post, which should be out next week)

Source

Now:

Thoughts?

I’m beginning to think people can’t read anymore. Or at least don’t comprehend what they’re reading.

Colin is 100% correct. Nowhere did he say, nor imply you’d get precursors for crowns. New rewards systems does not mean from achievement rewards. Just because you assumed that was it, doesn’t mean it is. You know what they say about assuming.

Now, do people also notice that pesky s at the end of systems? An s at the end of noun means more than one. So more than one reward system. People need to stop reading so deep into what they say, because you’ll probably be wrong and then we have people kitten because they assumed the devs said something when they really didn’t.

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

and adding new ways you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.

People need to stop reading into things.

He clearly stated, “via new reward systems” —- AND NOT —- “via the new reward system”

They clearly stated before, that they were going to introduce MULTIPLE reward systems in the future, to make getting rewards from the persistent world better and more rewarding.

That means they will be implementing MULTIPLE systems. This new system and the Precursor Scavenger hunt as two DIFFERENT systems that will be implemented. Stop reading into things because you cannot understand the fundamentals of proper grammar.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

So ….

*If honestly wanting to help those players that only need the precursor to complete their legendary why not do the easy fix instead of the scavenger hunt that will take months?

ADD a tab to the Mystic Forge person and put all precursors in said tab. 1 handed is 100 gold 2 handed is 200 gold. Leave drop and forge rates as is and those that get one by luck have a windfall of cash still. This REMOVES ALL THE GOLD BEING PUT IN THE ECONOMY BY ANET AND GOLD SELLERS. Instead of removing 15% of it and leaving the rest in the hands of players. A real GOLD SINK that also has the benefit of fixing a problem. You know this would take all of an afternoon to do … so why don’t you?

It would be beyond easy to ADD a tab and would be far better than the scavenger hunt. Selling the precursor from an NPC for a fixed rate will cause a small rise in the rest of the mats since people will need less for it. Scavenger hunt will cause the prices to go up considerably since it will not be removing gold from the game.

At this point I can honestly say I think the only reason you are not doing this is because you are trying to work a hook into the Gem store for the precursor to generate more gem sales. There isn’t a logical explanation beyond that when the alternative of a TAB is far easier to implement and better for the game economy overall.*

As a paying customer can we possibly get a straight forward answer?

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Great, best way to fix RNG? Add more RNG instances of course. At least those who don’t randomly get gifted 200-470 gold will be able to buy their precursors for 150-250g instead if this follows the same road as the karka event!

Make random people rich — make others with equal effort spent grinding the gold and give their gold to people with lucky drops who didn’t have to grind said gold. How fun.

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Scavenger hunt thread:

Hey guys,

Source

Now:

Thoughts?

I’m beginning to think people can’t read anymore. Or at least don’t comprehend what they’re reading.

Colin is 100% correct. Nowhere did he say, nor imply you’d get precursors for crowns. New rewards systems does not mean from achievement rewards. Just because you assumed that was it, doesn’t mean it is. You know what they say about assuming.

Now, do people also notice that pesky s at the end of systems? An s at the end of noun means more than one. So more than one reward system. People need to stop reading so deep into what they say, because you’ll probably be wrong and then we have people kitten because they assumed the devs said something when they really didn’t.

Is it not, perhaps, incorrect for you to assume that the achievement awards is the only reason for the kittening?

This precursor fiasco has been going on since launch with some people waiting for months now to complete their legendaries.

With that in mind, do you think it is a good idea to state that: “We are however working on expanding reward systems to make them more re-rewarding across all parts of the game, making the open world more rewarding, and adding new ways you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.” thus, putting renewed hope in the hearts of many who have been patiently waiting on a fix (however temporary), then follow it up with “We’ve simply said we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them”?

Thoughts?

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I highly doubt they’ll be available for purchase at the crown token merchant. That would create another grind.

…hubbawha?

Since when is adding a different way to acquire something “creating another grind”? If anything it’s detracting from grind by giving you a sure way to acquire it, instead of relying entirely on grinding probabilities through the RNG of loot drops. And if you hate that you can always use the old method just the same. So I’m quite lost on HOW exactly does this add grind to the game.

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Pre-cursor sword in the stone :P thats what i would like to see:P

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: Dreamer.5164

Dreamer.5164

Pretty sure after the dev saying we wanted to add another “chance” of getting a precursor means the gear boxes have a chance at dropping your precursor maybe?

in the future it would be a cool idea if they had some sort of item you had to buy for example you have to buy Gift of Achievement for X points which is part of the scavenger hunt.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I think I’ll take my victory lap now.

There were people dismissing my argument a few days ago that Colin’s original post merely implied that more RNG-based drops of precursors would be added to the game and that the new rewards system would likely have little-to-nothing to do with precursors. I warned them not to get their hopes up, and the hopes of other forum posters. But no, these folks insisted that the new rewards system would provide a way to get precursors and so I should stop whining about how the scavenger hunt has been pushed back to April at the earliest.

Time to stand up and take a bow, folks. I didn’t forget about you. Don’t you worry, I kept the quotes just in case this situation came to pass just so I could remind you who made the correct prediction.

First, me:

Yes, I read it. But it seems you have a very interesting definition of “clear cut”.

That statement says absolutely nothing about how this will fix the problem of precursors being subject to the whims of the RNG, all it says is that there will be “new ways” to obtain them. All that really implies is that they will be adding precursors as possible drops to more locations in the game….but if they’re still absurdly rare drops, then you didn’t really fix the problem.

Legendaries should not boil down to RNG or TP, that doesn’t guarantee that the very best players get them. There’s no reason that they can’t introduce a system that relies on skill….and the only proposed solution that would at least take steps to move us towards such a system is not in active development.

So yes, I am getting a little bit worried to say the least. I’m glad they’re looking into it, but given the exact words he said, I’m not confident that we’re going to see anything more than just extra drop locations. I think you’re hyping yourself up for something that probably won’t happen.

Second, a pair of posters who dismissed my argument as total bunk:

You said you don’t see how the new system will " fix the problem of precursors depending heavily on terrible loot tables." I think it’s safe to say that when a dev says they are working on a new reward system that will grant precursors, they mean that there will be a new way to obtain them that does not rely on you killing monsters until it drops. That is what “new reward system” tends to imply, that it will be different from the current method of obtaining them. But if you want to keep assuming it’s not going to change anything at all and when they say “new reward system” they actually mean “we’re just going to buff a few loot tables and call it a day” then I guess that works too.
~Ehra.5240

I personally can’t see how you’d see:

• New reward system
  • Rewarding across all parts of the game (read in my eyes as PvE, WvW, SPvP)
  • New ways to earn precursors

As more RNG, when the only way to create precursors at the moment is through RNG.

A reward system, in my eyes, is a definite. You do something, you get rewarded for it. Maybe in the case of the precursors, you have to build up your rewards.
~TheDaiBish.9735

Huh, what do you know? I was right. Again. Guess I’m not quite as stupid as I look. Might come from the fact that I’ve had some experience in the MMO world. Maybe they should try having a more open mind next time, so that embarrassing things like this don’t happen to them.

Also, maybe try to obtain a more healthy degree of realism rather than interpreting a dev’s forum posts incorrectly and then refusing to acknowledge that another interpretation that doesn’t match yours could possibly be correct?

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Yup, they will try to add more RNG, erm, places with a chance to get them. “try”! lol.
All the while the players coming up with great suggestions on how to fix this broken mechanic are being ignored. RNG should never have been part of the requirement in obtaining one’s legendary. It should have been a quest system or scavenger hunt from the start.

But, how will they then make any money off it?

Last bit of credibility completely lost now. Its way past the time to make more excuses for them. It is just pathetic how this is being handled.

Seren.6850

Hoping there is some mention of precursors on the twitch thing tomorrow.

Still kind of laughing at random drop being a new reward system.