How many dailies for the monthly achiev?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

I’m sure this has been addressed, but I’ve been doing my dailies for over a week and I doesn’t seem to be adding to my monthly achiev?
Anyone help? How many dailies for the monthly?
Thanks in advance.

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Dailies no longer count toward the Monthly Achievement. If you wish to complete the Demember (last ever) Monthly, you will need to complete some other set of achievements (Events, Skill Challenges, etc.).

As there are just a few days left in the last Monthly, it was not deemed worth the possible bugs nor resource time to change/fix it.

Good luck.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m sure this has been addressed, but I’ve been doing my dailies for over a week and I doesn’t seem to be adding to my monthly achiev?
Anyone help? How many dailies for the monthly?
Thanks in advance.

With the change to dailies, they no longer count for monthly. This is the last month where there will be a monthly at all, so I guess they didn’t feel like adding in enough code to make the new stuff work with the old stuff.

You’ll have to get your 4th monthly from something else. Sorry.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Lillith.5724

My hubby has his monthly completed. The Monthly Completionist finished it for him. So when did it change? Mid month?

Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

My hubby has his monthly completed. The Monthly Completionist finished it for him. So when did it change? Mid month?

It changed when the new login system was introduced.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Lillith.5724

I guess I should read more Thanks all for the replies and Merry Christmas

Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The log in reward system is replacing the monthly actually. Starting January the monthly will be gone for good.

How the daily log in works is different as in it doesn’t reset each month. It only resets once you’ve logged in a total of 28 days. So if you log in for 14 days then take a 3 month break you will still have 14 days completed for it.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Guhracie.3419

It wasn’t announced as a change, so there’s no reason you would have known. It’s a bug associated with the new login rewards, and since there are no more monthlies, it’s not a bug they’re going to try and fix.

Charrbeque, the issue is that the current and final monthly “Daily Completionist” broke when the new system was introduced, and no longer advances. That’s what is being discussed.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Charrbeque.8729

It wasn’t announced as a change, so there’s no reason you would have known. It’s a bug associated with the new login rewards, and since there are no more monthlies, it’s not a bug they’re going to try and fix.

Charrbeque, the issue is that the current and final monthly “Daily Completionist” broke when the new system was introduced, and no longer advances. That’s what is being discussed.

Sorry. I could have sworn this thread was in ‘General Discussion’. My mistake.

Guhracie.3419

Yeah, it’s in general discussions, but the context is the original post of the thread. You were answering something completely separate from the issue the OP had. There’s not a subforum for this specific question, but you’re certainly welcome to start your own general discussion about the new login system. I don’t understand this snark.

-Mike O’Brien

Charrbeque.8729

Yeah, it’s in general discussions, but the context is the original post of the thread. You were answering something completely separate from the issue the OP had. There’s not a subforum for this specific question, but you’re certainly welcome to start your own general discussion about the new login system. I don’t understand this snark.

Someone mentioned the log in system so I was adding my thoughts in response. And the reason for my “snark” is because you flat out said “It’s a bug…”. Sorry if I seemed rude. I was being a little sarcastic actually. Also, the OP seems to imply they think it’s not working as intended, which means he thinks it’s a bug.

But you are probably right that it won’t be fixed since there’s only a few days left before the monthly is removed. I already had that part of the monthly completed before the new system was rolled out so I can’t say much about it.

I would like to say though that there is a thread about the daily/monthly system https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-dislike-the-new-dailies/first#post4628737 It’s kinda the unofficial official feedback thread on the subject. In fact, just before posting in this thread Gaily Gray had closed another with this to say https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Way-to-ruin-a-Christmas-ANet/first#post4651482

Feel free to share your constructive input here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-dislike-the-new-dailies/first#post4628737

Thank you.

Gaile has said in that particular thread she is passing on feedback relating the new daily/monthly system.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, she also already answered, specifically, about the Daily Completionist and the last (December) Monthly.

The ‘bug/oversight/whatever-term-you-want-to-use’ won’t be changed/fixed because of the little remaining time/possible bugs introduced if fixed/changed/poor use of developer resource.

I’m too tired to look up the thread. Sorry.