How many dailies have you missed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Q:

I missed 6 since laurel system was introduced. I missed 5 while traveling overseas and 1 yesterday.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

20 or 30 or so. I just do it when i’m bored and have nothing else to do. Hasn’t impacted my experience negatively. Still have 2 characters with full ascended jewelry, spent 100 laurels on various money making items, and now have 40 laurels to spare.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Uh … I believe answer is -2

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I have only missed 2

If we’re using the khisanth system, then I did 1 bonus daily before a patch rolled out so I only missed 1.

On a side note, I love the new daily rewards. I love hoovering up as much luck as I can get my clicker on, even if it’s just 50 a day. I already have 3 million karma and I think it’s hilarious the karma nerf is making everyone so mad. Totally worth it.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t keep count. If I had to guess I would say around a dozen a month maybe a bit more.

The Burninator

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Missed a good pile of them, as i played another game for a while.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

around 70-80, i took a break from playing for 2months.

I try to get them when I can, but if I don’t, it doesn’t bother me much.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

(edited by Happyfool.8951)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I have no idea, but I’m (still) sick of the them, and I’m especially sick of aquatic slayer, even though some of my guildies did that tonight and I went ahead and completed it with them. It’s just so kitten ed tedious.

Anyway, I’ve know I’ve missed a bunch, but even so I’ve still done enough to get three ascended trinkets on my level 80 warrior: amulet, ring, and earring. I’ve got dyes at least twice. I think I got a couple of the profession gear boxes, and maybe even a crafting box. I believe I have 50 laurels right now. I probably won’t get any more ascended stuff as I’m feeling very anti-ascension at present, even to the point of considering – just considering! – deleting the three mentioned above and going back to exotics (and wishing I hadn’t salvaged the old ones for that kitten ed dark matter).

I’ll probably use my stock of laurels and any future laurels for more dyes.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Before the latest patch hit, I missed maybe 5(?) total. Since the patch, I haven’t done any.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Once I discovered that the laurels are essentially free for sPvP I rarely miss them unless I am really busy or simply don’t want to play. If there was a mechanic driving me away from GW2 the most it would be the rapid expansion of the daily. I hate being told how, where and when to play and I hate entire elements of the game locked behind real time gates.

It started with the inability to acquire guild mission ascended gear, but the recent insane expense of crafting (something I hate in GW2) to get weapons has finally broken me. I care about gear stats and build variety but ascended gear is just horribly unfun for me. All I can see when I look at how it was designed and implemented is a hamster wheel of daily repetition. The daily grind mechanic that they’ve hamfisted into the game has tanked my opinion of the quality of developers at ArenaNet these days. Gone are the days of the ideals of the manifesto and in its place is the worship of hamster wheel grinds from MMOs the manifesto dared to be different from, regardless of whether they are “necessary” or not.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

-3, I think I’ve missed a couple bonus ones.

Attachments:

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Wasn’t keeping track, but I missed a bunch. It depended on if I played on a particular day, cause they dailies generally take care of themselves through normal gameplay.
Monthly, I know I havent missed any. Monthly so easy to do through casual gameplay, it just does itself.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Aside from the first few days of playing when I didn’t know which way up I was facing most of the time, I have not missed a single one. I don’t find them a chore as they mostly get completed just in the normal course of my playing.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

More than half, earlier on in the year I didn’t have much time to play. And even so, I wasn’t going to go out of my way to finish dailies when I wanted to do something else.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

A couple of weeks worth back in January when I had the flu, and sitting up for more than 10 minutes was exhausting. Maybe one or two more since. Probably going to miss today’s.

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

I havent done it since karma was nerfed. 5 silver a mystic coin and a laurel? No thanks! The karma was the incentive and for only 600, i’ll pass

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Over 150. lol. I don’t care much for being forced into menial tasks that literally bore me to death.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

A lot its hard to grind dailies when you don’t play lol

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

One or two. Early on they were so easy to get, just playing got them for you. These days most of the time, by the time I’m done playing I usually only have one left. In fact, I usually get all the PvE dailies every day, even more than the five required.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

its been a while since i cared about dailies.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I’ve never missed a single daily since Laurels were introduced (I only do the PVE non-dungeon daily achievements).

However, I’ve not managed to get the double rewards when A-net reset monthlys (like this month).

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I think overall I have missed… maybe one or two? Gives me a goal to work towards when I log in, the extra XP for my lower level alts is nice, and getting rewarded for stuff I do anyway is always good.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I’ve missed several months worth of dailies.

I don’t miss them at all.

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I stop doing them whenever a patch sufficiently annoys me, that I stop playing for a bit. Such as right now – I think the last one I did was exactly a week ago.

It’s probably added up to a couple of months worth.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I have missed 208 days. I only have 19 laurels. Because of school, work, and family, I don’t get to play very often, and when I do I concentrate on completing the zones instead of trying to complete the dailys. If I concentrated on the dailys, I wouldn’t get very far on completing the zones and enjoying the storyline of the main story and the side stories of the zone.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I haven’t missed one yet.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

0 since headstart. I did all achievements in all dailies/monthly/living stories:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Stoped doing daylies after having the all trinkets.
Also stoped playing.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

pvp daily is the easiest way to get a laurel if you just want laurels.

Posted by: mysticque.6182

mysticque.6182

There’s too many dailies in this game its not even funny anymore. I still can’t believe why they didn’t use the Balthazar’s Points as the general concept of rewards systems.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Too many? You get five and sometimes they can take seconds such as visiting the laurel vendor. I do not understand.

The game I played previously only had three activities to complete but they were tedious. You got the three you drew that day – no choice – and they often involved going over old ground, completing quests you had done before, pvp type things or killing a certain number of monsters. If you had alts you did the dailies on each of them if you wanted them to get the points too. No sharing. You could choose to reroll your dailies (at a cost) but even then you could get the same ones again RNG being what it is. Truly, GW2 dailies are a breeze compared to that.

Posted by: mysticque.6182

mysticque.6182

I’m really not pointing out the actual Daily 0/5 event but what I’m saying is there’s too many daily activities to complete your milestones towards achieving what? 1 weapon? farming nodes, killing the world bosses, daily dungeon runs, and so forth. now if you have a lifetime to do it all perhaps yes that is viable. But there are people with families here and have some responsibilities that might not be an option. I think they need to start going back to GW1 and taking the most important elements from that game what made it so grand.

Blackgate Power
Mysticque

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Almost 80% of dailies i have been missed, can’t imagine as a casual player, how am i supposed to play game every night while i have a job, a family, a girl friend….

it is a game after all…

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

No idea, lots I guess.

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

1 since the introduction of laurels. I logged in shortly after reset, did some of the dailies, and logged out. 23 hours later, logged back in with 5 minutes before the next reset, realised the counter was at 4/5, and couldn’t find a single event fast enough to clear the last daily. My own fault, but really it’s just 1 laurel, 5 silver and an achievement point I missed out on.

I didn’t realise dailies even existed for about 2 weeks after I got the game at christmas, so I guess I missed some amount back then as well. Not sure exactly how many.

I’ve also never completed a pvp daily, and if you consider “completing a daily” as doing every single achievement in the daily category and not just enough for a laurel, I haven’t fully completed one since WvW dailies were added to the rotation.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

3 I think. All those times was because I couldn’t get my internet to work. Truth is doing my dailies is the only reason I log in and play.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Most of them.

I hardly ever did them before laurels came in because they were boring (this was back when you had the exact same tasks every day) and there wasn’t any point unless you needed the coins for a legendary.

Since then I’ve done less than 99, and I only know that because I’ve bought all the 1-time crafting kits, one mini cat and have 18 laurels left and 18 of those laurels came from achievement chests. Some came from monthlies too but I can’t remember how many.

Some days I’m not at home and therefore unable to play. Other days I don’t bother. I think I did one daily last month and that was by chance during the invasion events, the rest of the time I was focusing on the Gauntlet. I’m in no hurry to get ascended gear or a legendary (hence getting the cat first) so it’s not a big deal to me whether I do them or not.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Total is 8 now.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’m guessing something like 30 or 40, probably more (is there any way to check?). Don’t really keep count, when traveling, working late and things like that.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I am quite sure it is a lot since I only play roughly two days a week. :-)

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Have missed none on my first account. Even when trying (sitting in a dungeon with the guild.. and we all laugh.. because somehow all of us have just completed 2 dailies out of 5 at the same time: “lol daily done!".) That’s not why we’re playing. :|

I finished one for the first time on my 2nd account yesterday. Then wondered why I bothered.

Don’t remember how many laurel / laurel-wvw badges trinkets I’ve bought now. Some are on characters I just have parked at the spinach patch for farming. :p

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I’ve missed most of them. I just don’t care all that much.

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

Now that you can view your daily, monthly, and ‘permanent’ achievement points, would be interesting to see this reflected in a leaderboard.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

From F/F to Last stand at Southsun. That LS started off so horrendously boring. Hitting signs at Wayfarer. Ugh.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’ve definitely missed the majority of them.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

The whole concept of a ‘daily’ is horrendous.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Quite a few really. Before Laurels I like never did dailies. lol.

Now I usually do them as they are pretty quick, but been a couple days I just don’t care for it. The roll over time is really what kills it for me usually. I just go to bed instead. :P

But yeah, never been a fan of the whole daily thing ever since MMOs invented them. At least here they try to make it as painless as possible. And if you do miss it, you aren’t really hurting yourself if you aren’t an AP hunter or working for something with Laurels.

Posted by: Machiavel.6042

Machiavel.6042

Almost all of them…

Hate it, don’t bother doing it. Find it stupid.

-I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it- Edgar Allan Poe

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I’ve missed absolutely loads of them, the vast majority for a few months. I don’t even look at my daily. If I get it doing stuff I want along the way its a bonus but I NEVER go out of my way to complete them now. Same deal with the monthlys.. which ive weirdly not missed, even when not trying.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Wandar.3607

Wandar.3607

The dailies i missed, i really don’t miss at all…