How many more 2nd gen legendary weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Umoo.5680

Umoo.5680

1st gen legendary weapons: 21
2nd gen legendary weapons: 8

As title suggests: How many more 2nd gen legendary weapons will be released? I do know that at every new LS episode one legendary weapon is being released, but since there’s only one LS episode left (assuming next month) and after that the 2nd expansion already comes, does that mean there will be only one more 2nd gen legendary weapon? And after that no more legendaries till 2nd expansion (3rd gen, next year)?

I’m wondering this since I want to get my first legendary weapon, but I might as well wait a bit more if there will be more 2nd gen legendaries possibly in my desired weapon type and perhaps look better than the current ones.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

From the Flashpoint AMA Mike said they will continue to release 2nd gen legendary weapons alongside episodes after the next expansion but it won’t require having the expansion to get them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68vw84/flashpoint_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dh1px38/

So it appears there will indeed be more even after LS3 ends. What timeline we can expect for them is unknown aside from they will release with future LS episodes.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Considering they haven’t even announced the next expansion yet I doubt it’s going to be coming any time soon. Hopefully we won’t have as long to wait as we did between the end of Season 2 and HoT (9 months) but I doubt it’s going to be Episode 6 one month and the expansion the next either.

Also there’s no reason they have to release new legendaries at the same time as Living Story episodes. So they could easily keep releasing new legendaries after the end of the Living Story. They could even release some after the next expansion has come out.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

One for each weapon, except underwater weapons. There will be 16 2nd generation legendary weapons total, so 8 more to go.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Could they please release a relevant legendary weapon like longbow or sword, not warhorn or something irrelevant.
I need a non-flower dropping longbow for my warrior.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Could they please release a relevant legendary weapon like longbow or sword, not warhorn or something irrelevant.
I need a non-flower dropping longbow for my warrior.

Doesn’t relevance depend what you play? I always use a warhorn for my Ele, or a focus for Ele and Mesmer. They will all be released in time.
Saying it’s irrelevant because you don’t use it as much doesn’t mean it’s actually irrelevant.

Kitten.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

As much as im getting impatient waiting for the other legendary weapons, my biggest concern is how they will be implemented collection wise. Thus for the Gen 2 legendaries have required heart of thorns events like champion mordrem vinetooth or defeating mordremoth. Once the next expansion comes out, we’ll see significantly less players in maguuma as they will be doing the new content, lowering the chances of finishin the weapons themselves.

Right now I’m debating whether to stockpile an extra 250-500 crystalline ore just in case of ‘what if i like several of the new ones’.

Granted AN could just tie the rest of the weapon set into the new content and open methods to get things like crystalline elsewhere. (would love to see this in crystal desert).

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The new legendary weapons don’t have collections, so there’s only 24 sets of collections for legendary weapons and this won’t change for the foreseeable future.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.