How many name changes needed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am considering doing a name change, but I am wondering if it would take 2 or 3 name change contracts to swap between 2 characters.

Thanks

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

If you really want to do a swap, I don’t see how you could do it in less than 3.

One to give character #1 a temporary name, because at this point you can’t give it character #2’s name.

Then one to change character #2’s name to the original name of character #1, which has become available at this point.

Then one to change character #1’s tempory name into character #2’s original name, which has become available at this point.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yep three is the min if you want to keep the exact names. You could cut it to 2 if you change one name by one leter

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Oh gosh I was in the same boat.

I had 2 characters I really wanted to switch. Realizing that would cost a beyond insane amount for 3 contracts I ended up deleting a level 80 in full exotics (salvaged it at least) just to buy one contact.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

i would maybe talk to support about the possibility of un-deleting a character. that might allow you to (tomporarily) delete the character whose name you want to usurp, then have them restored – they presumably would need to be renamed since a character would exist with their old name.

might be able to get it done with just one.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

i would maybe talk to support about the possibility of un-deleting a character. that might allow you to (tomporarily) delete the character whose name you want to usurp, then have them restored – they presumably would need to be renamed since a character would exist with their old name.

might be able to get it done with just one.

Nope. They have consistently said that restoring deleted characters, except for a one time roll back of an hacked account, is not a service they offer.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Might just be easier to get two total makeover kits and swap their appearances if they’re of the same race.