How many of you have 100% map completion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blitzburger.1576

Blitzburger.1576

7 characters
4 lvl 80’s
4 100% exploration

4 times is my absolute limit… don’t have it in me to do it again, ever.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I have 8 characters. 2 haven’t started yet. 4 are 80, 2 on the way (a 52 and 64-ish).

2 of the 80s have it, and 5 of the characters managed to get the WvW stuff done back when I was on servers and had populations where it wasn’t too hard to do. The 2 new characters, and sadly my 80 Thief, have not done the WvW, and probably won’t get a chance to without some drastic changes in how that all works. I’d love to get the 100% done next on my Thief, she’s one of my favorites to play.

So, I’ll probably finish map completion for those who managed to get the WvW in, and forgo it on those that never got it done.

Posted by: Astraea.2981

Astraea.2981

20 Characters
13 Level 80s
1 with 100% Map Completion
9 with 100% PvE Map Completion. No force could compel me to map WvW again, and I deeply regret the time I wasted on the first one. Since I didn’t buy the Gift of Battle before they added a mandatory WvW rank to it, my Gifts of Exploration are worthless.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

12 Characters
6 level 80s, almost 7
1 map completion 100%

My motivation is 1 transmutation charge per zone completion. In order to get enough charges to accommodate my alts wardrobes I need to get map completion on each of my alts.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Kal Spiro.9745

7 -Characters
4 -Asura 80’s (Guard, Mes, Eng, and Thief)
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

Difficult to even get myself to play after patch.

Map completion does not require PvP in any way. It just requires you to be able to get into keeps in WvW over a period of time. You don’t actually have to participate in any way.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

8 characters at 80
ZERO at 100% completion, specifically because of WvW. Not for lack of trying. I’m down to 5 bits of one map, in some borderland. >_<

It really stinks that my server gave up entirely on WvW.

I don’t mind it being part of the achievement, in theory, but in execution, making a personal reward dependent on a massive effort of 50+ people just isn’t fair. (…I could equally be talking about to beat-Lyssa trait unlocks, come to think of it.)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

8 characters (1 per class)
5 @ 80
4 have 100%
working on the fifth.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

- 8 characters
- 5 level 80s
- 1 world completion 100%

I wanted the title and star and sense of accomplishment. I don’t see myself getting another 100% unless I favor an alt so heavily in open world that I just happen to get close by default. If I notice that I’m 85% or more in a zone I usually finish it cuz the rewards are worth it. Main cities are worth getting 100% now for the xmute charges.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

- 8 characters
- 5 level 80s
- 1 world completion 100%

I wanted the title and star and sense of accomplishment. I don’t see myself getting another 100% unless I favor an alt so heavily in open world that I just happen to get close by default. If I notice that I’m 85% or more in a zone I usually finish it cuz the rewards are worth it. Main cities are worth getting 100% now for the xmute charges.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

9 characters, of which 6 are 80s
Only 1 (first char) has 100% map completion.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

2 level 80s
55% map complete
over 1000 hours clocked.

Im not a fan of running around marking things off a checklist and i don’t have the energy to level other toons.

(edited by sinzer.4018)

Kal Spiro.9745

20 Characters
13 Level 80s
1 with 100% Map Completion
9 with 100% PvE Map Completion. No force could compel me to map WvW again, and I deeply regret the time I wasted on the first one. Since I didn’t buy the Gift of Battle before they added a mandatory WvW rank to it, my Gifts of Exploration are worthless.

I regretted wasting my ill gotten gains on the gift of battle at the time, I bought two before I realized I could have purchased some skins, but now I’m glad cause I would also never have earned them otherwise.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

18 characters -> 18 × 100 %. Planned no further characters for the moment.

kitten and I thought my 3 were special, how much play time do you have?

/age in chat just in case you aren’t familiar ^.^

In return, I don’t own ascended equipment. Also my highest fractal-level is 11. I have other things I’m interested in.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

8 Characters
6 Level 80s
3 100% map completions

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Astraea.2981

Map completion does not require PvP in any way

It just requires you to spend a tremendous amount of time in zones where other players are trying very hard to kill you. That sure sounds like PvP to me. Maybe I’m crazy.

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

8 Characters
5 Lvl80
1 Map Completion

notebene.3190

7 -Characters
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

Map completion does not require PvP in any way. It just requires you to be able to get into keeps in WvW over a period of time. You don’t actually have to participate in any way.

Well, that’s not necessarily true.

“Hark! What are these foul harpies I see investing our lands! I shall dispatch thee, surely my Queen will reward me!”

(sees 10-15 others approaching)

“Hail fellow travellers! Would thoust careth to help me dispatch thy foulest harpies from thine lands?! Surely, we could shareth in thy…”

[pew pew lolz kek kek rofl newb rar /dance /laugh /rude]

:(

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

5 100% completion
8 level 80s
11 characters total

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

8 characters total
2 level 80s
1 map completion

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

7 total characters
1 level 80 who is at 58%

Slowly working on it. All details in my blog.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

18 characters -> 18 × 100 %. Planned no further characters for the moment.

kitten and I thought my 3 were special, how much play time do you have?

/age in chat just in case you aren’t familiar ^.^

In return, I don’t own ascended equipment. Also my highest fractal-level is 11. I have other things I’m interested in.

Well, still, the world map has:
301 Hearts
512 Waypoints
727 Points of Interest
202 Skill Points
266 Vistas

Add all that up and you have 2008 objectives, multiply by 18 and you get 36144 objectives, thats a 7 minute window of your total play time between each!

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

10 characters
7 level 80s
1 map completion ( 2 others have 100% in WvW so will probably get them map completion also)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

3 Characters
1 level 80
and 1 100% map completion (my level 80)

I found it difficult to get motivated on an alt, and do map completion and leveling, as I’ve already been there, done that.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Kal Spiro.9745

7 -Characters
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

“Hark! What are these foul harpies I see investing our lands! I shall dispatch thee, surely my Queen will reward me!”

“Hail fellow travellers! Would thoust careth to help me dispatch thy foulest harpies from thine lands?! Surely, we could shareth in thy…”

Not PvPing doesn’t mean being an idiot in a PvP enabled area. It just means being wary and running away when you see red names. That’s how I did it.

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

I have 9 characters, all are level 80, 4 times map completion just for Gift of Exploration

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Just wanted to know the stats :p.

State;
- Number of toons you have
- Number of lvl80 chars you have
- Number of 100% map completion you have

Here’s mine
- 10 toons
- 9 lvl80
- only 2 has 100% map completion
(Still trying to find the motivation to complete 100% on all)

100% on all? Whoa why? Unless you LOVE playing all them that much there isn’t a reason to go that far lol… that’s a ton of work.

Personally I have 7 80s, 2 with map completion. Never gotten an engineer to 80, that class just doesn’t click with me I guess.

notebene.3190

7 -Characters
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

Not PvPing doesn’t mean being an idiot in a PvP enabled area. It just means being wary and running away when you see red names. That’s how I did it.

But that is, by definition, part of PvP.

Clearly, my story was not to be taken literally. But the fact that you have to run away and hide, lest you be killed by other players – that is part of what defines PvP (or WvW, at any rate, whatever you want to call it: where other people, i.e., non-computer controlled opponents, are your enemy).

I don’t remember ever shooing rabbits away from water melons at the farm in Queensdale, and saw others approaching and though, “Holy smokes, I better run and hide!”

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

9 characters

6 lvl 80’s all with 100% map completion.

Just started working on my engineer & ranger is next. I dont start a new character until the last one has 100% completion.

Lankybrit.4598

9 characters

6 lvl 80’s all with 100% map completion.

Just started working on my engineer & ranger is next. I dont start a new character until the last one has 100% completion.

Wow! Hardcore!!

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

I have 8 characters, one for each profession.
All of them are level 80.
2 of them have 100% world completion. My ele and my engineer, my two favourite characters.

I completed WvW “in advance” on my mesmer, in case I ever want to do another world completion, but at the moment PvE exploration is lacking the challenge for me. After leveling eight characters I’ve seen pretty much everything there is to see as well, so the wonder of exploration has passed.

Now I focus on WvW and PvP until they decide to expand the world map =)

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

Kal Spiro.9745

7 -Characters
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

Clearly, my story was not to be taken literally. But the fact that you have to run away and hide, lest you be killed by other players – that is part of what defines PvP (or WvW, at any rate, whatever you want to call it: where other people, i.e., non-computer controlled opponents, are your enemy).

I don’t remember ever shooing rabbits away from water melons at the farm in Queensdale, and saw others approaching and though, “Holy smokes, I better run and hide!”

Being in a zone and having to be aware of the rules that apply to that zone isn’t the same as participating. Participation involves interaction. Running away is not interacting, it is quite the opposite of interacting. It is avoiding interaction.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

8 characters (7 at 80)
3 have 100% and no intention of doing any more

There’s really no point to doing it more than once unless you’re farming multiple Legendary. It’s so boring after the first time and tbh, I kind of regret wasting the time doing it multiple times.
The character I have as “main” now is lvl80 and only has 7% map complete with no intention of getting her any more than that.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

0 Completion

Level 80s include
Necro -87%
Guardian (main) – 54%
Ranger – 24%
Engineer – 24%

I’m pretty impressed on how little of the game you have to do to reach level 80.

On my highest character, I’m missing all the main cities besides Divinity’s reach, Metrica Province, Brisbane Wildlands, Caledon Forrest, Plains of Ashford, and Diessa Plateau. I have absolutely no interest in doing these, and Brisbane Wildlands I’ve only entered. I’m mostly a wvw player, so my complaints are exactly the opposite of the pvers who don’t want to wvw, yet somehow I sympathize. :S

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

notebene.3190

7 -Characters
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

Being in a zone and having to be aware of the rules that apply to that zone isn’t the same as participating. Participation involves interaction. Running away is not interacting, it is quite the opposite of interacting. It is avoiding interaction.

Symantecs.

It’s an environment where other people can actively and directly (vs some ‘indirect’ methods which crop up from time to time in this game and others that are then exploited indefinitely, or until they are corrected) impede you trying to accomplish a task. That is PvP, whether you ‘actively’ engage them in return is irrelevant.

In PvE, no play can actively impede your progress on a task, and it’s generally discouraged.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

13 toons.
10 lvl80s
1 @ 6x (something, I think 66)
1 @ 4x (something, I think 44)
1 open/possible mule

only 2 at map completion. most others are at around 40ish percent.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

8 chars
8 lvl 80
8 map clears (though now they’re not 100% since the last couple updates)

I found that movies/series/anime help a lot going through the areas, I sure cleared all my backlogged stuff like this.

Kal Spiro.9745

7 -Characters
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

Symantecs.

It’s an environment where other people can actively and directly (vs some ‘indirect’ methods which crop up from time to time in this game and others that are then exploited indefinitely, or until they are corrected) impede you trying to accomplish a task. That is PvP, whether you ‘actively’ engage them in return is irrelevant.

In PvE, no play can actively impede your progress on a task, and it’s generally discouraged.

None of this changes the fact that it is possible to get 100% world completion without participating in PvP. It isn’t guaranteed, but it is possible. Those who don’t like to PvP, like me, can still go into WvW and get all the objectives without PvPing. It may take longer and is harder, but it’s possible.

You can throw your own semantics (a technicality, rather than a company) at me, but it doesn’t change the truth of what I’m saying, nor the point of why I first brought it up.

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

11 Characters
4 level 80s
1 100% map completion (mostly because I don’t feel up to the task of running through wvw for the rest yet)

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Kal Spiro.9745

8 chars
8 lvl 80
8 map clears (though now they’re not 100% since the last couple updates)

I found that movies/series/anime help a lot going through the areas, I sure cleared all my backlogged stuff like this.

You win

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

11x Character slots
10x Level 80
8x 100% Map Completers

9th is at 99% and waiting to go Green in EB

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Lankybrit.4598

11x Character slots
10x Level 80
8x 100% Map Completers

9th is at 99% and waiting to go Green in EB

You’re the new winner

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

9 characters
4 permanent level 80s.
8 map completions (only 2 of which I still have, re rolled eles to do completion and delete)
Character of each race for emperor title
19 legendaries. (Including 3 incinerators -____-)
And a whopping high of level 8 story mode

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Astraea.2981

7 -Characters
0-Map Completion

Not a fan of PvP/WvW…

That’s PvPing. Being in a PvP zone, where players are trying to kill other players, and some of them will try to kill you, is PvP, whether or not you encounter them. If you evade them, it’s just shifted the medium of conflict to stealth and detection instead of directly hurling pixels at each other’s HP.

The only way to enter WvW and not have PvP happen is if you know the other two servers are down. If the only players who can potentially be on the map are non-hostile, that’s not PvP. Again, even if you never see another player, just the potential that they’re out there changes the gameplay experience. It is PvP, and it is inescapable.

(edited by Astraea.2981)

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

None yet, but working on 100% with my Guardian.
I just finished all of the starter zones and Black Citadel. Moving up to the 15-25 zones now!

Edit: Forgot to add… I have 4 characters. 37 Guardian, 10 Elementalist, 4 Thief and 2 Engineer.

(edited by viralthefrog.6130)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Only 1 character, so, easy to say, 100% map completion.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

7 chars
1 100%

I could see doing vistas/POIs/WPs again but I don’t think I’ll ever have the desire to re-do heart quests across the map.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

10 characters
9 that are level 80
4 that have 100% explore stars.

Two of the other have everything in the PvE world completed. I just cannot seem to get the motivation to bebop around the WvW zones again.

Posted by: Blaackwolfe.4981

Blaackwolfe.4981

7 characters total
6 – level 80’s
0 – with 100%
(highest is at 95%, working on the WvW areas)

I understand ANet’s desire to “encourage” players to try other modes of play, but there has got to be a better way than having the WvW be part of the mainly PvE map completion achievement.

Suggestion 1:
Break the map completion into two separate achievements: 1 = PvE areas only and 1= WvW areas only. Obviously the easiest solution, so definitely will never happen.

Suggestion 2:
Add a fourth color force to the WvW for non-participating observers. Call it the white force. They are present in the WvW areas but cannot attack or be attacked by other players. This allows players to experience the area without being forced into “fight or flight” tactics.

Just my opinions.

Posted by: Blaackwolfe.4981

Blaackwolfe.4981

7 characters total
6 – level 80’s
0 – with 100%
(highest is at 95%, working on the WvW areas)

I understand ANet’s desire to “encourage” players to try other modes of play, but there has got to be a better way than having the WvW be part of the mainly PvE map completion achievement.

Suggestion 1:
Break the map completion into two separate achievements: 1 = PvE areas only and 1= WvW areas only. Obviously the easiest solution, so definitely will never happen.

Suggestion 2:
Add a fourth color force to the WvW for non-participating observers. Call it the white force. They are present in the WvW areas but cannot attack or be attacked by other players. This allows players to experience the area without being forced into “fight or flight” tactics.

Just my opinions.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

- Number of characters you have: 8
- Number of lvl80 chars you have: 6
- Number of 100% map completion you have: 1

I have no further incentive to get 100% with other characters.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!