How many people/Guilds Want Guildhalls?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ImaDirtyBirdy.7392

ImaDirtyBirdy.7392

I know theres the whole WvW guildhall aspect, but really..

My guild especially would love a gathering spot, miss the guildwars 1 features, especially combat exhibitions.

Just was wondering if i could get a definitative answer on when we can expect this.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nope. You can’t get a definitive answer. Because Anet, rightly, won’t give a date for something until it’s close. If it was close, we’d have the date.

No dev in his right mind would give a date of something that’s not ready to go into the game. Imagine the screaming when it didn’t make it.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Loaded question, obviously everyone wants halls.
And you probably won’t get a more definitive answer than the tens of times they already told us we’re getting them when they’re ready.

ImaDirtyBirdy.7392

Meh okay.. If not a definative answer.. Is it on their to do list? xD

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

it IS on there to do list, they have said this manny time’s

ImaDirtyBirdy.7392

cool, dont get me wrong… I absolutely love the game.
thought maybe someone knew something more, maybe from offical source or something

wishful thinking i know :P

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep, they’re doing it. I’m predicting it’ll be in their first paid update with player housing too, but it’s just a guess.

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Kinda going to go off topic here by not answering the question… I don’t know why, but I do indeed want a guild hall. Seems odd to me that I want a guild hall but I have no desire for a legendary and I’m very happy with my current armor and weapon sets. Besides, there are already countless taverns and small buildings that could easily be considered home-base for a guild. I suppose the draw would be the ability to brand and customize a dedicated hall. Who knows, with enough people and resources a new form of legendary could be a full on guild castle. Imagine a guild having a castle that stands as a landmark in the game for all to see. For something like this to work the requirements to achieve such a thing would have to be nearly impossible. Can’t have the map covered in guild castles.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Loaded question, obviously everyone wants halls.
And you probably won’t get a more definitive answer than the tens of times they already told us we’re getting them when they’re ready.

Not everyone. I’m not against them being implemented since it seems to be something people would like. I just never saw the point really and it would do nothing to add to the game for me.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

It would be nice…….

I wonder what it would be like to transpose the “It’ll be ready when it’s ready” philosophy to other professions?

Q: When will your house be ready? A: When I’m finished building it"
Q: When will our exam be?" A: When I finish making it"
Q: When will my package get here? A: “Durrrrr when it arrives”

Oh the fun!

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Yes and NO

They said they were working on it months ago…

The Tales of Tyria Show on youtube got information that ANet once again placed it on the backburner… and “We don’t have it and not working on it” was the response given…

Don’t expect to see it til the near end of this year or even next year…

No I am not trolling, but it would be great to see ANet respond to this topic…

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

I want to be able to have guild hall defenses and attacks with the ability to loose or gain hall territory. Put the guild war in Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Yes and NO

They said they were working on it months ago…

The Tales of Tyria Show on youtube got information that ANet once again placed it on the backburner… and “We don’t have it and not working on it” was the response given…

Don’t expect to see it til the near end of this year or even next year…

No I am not trolling, but it would be great to see ANet respond to this topic…

I would honestly expect to see guild halls in at least 2-3 years IF that.

Posted by: Orb.1702

Orb.1702

Will prob come in first expansion (My guess)

I Orb Mine I Human Thief I FA I [Hope]

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

I’d guess either the first or second expansion (probably the second, since the first expansion will release this year). I don’t think this will come to us in a patch. Expansion worthy for sure.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I’d take a Guild Airship and/or a Guild Submarine while we’re at it.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I want mounts first.

But yeah, when most guilds have to scramble up enough players for dungeon runs, I think this is a waste of developer time right now.

I was a member of one of the largest gangs on Crimecraft’s Cabrese server. How many did I ever see in their gang club? 3. And that was on the day I was invited.

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

I don’t want a guildhall at all, I want my personal housing. Perhaps somewhat based on the home instances we have already.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Don’t hope for much, as you will probably be disappointed if you do.

At the rate content is being spoon-fed to players, you will likely never see guild halls.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Not expected anytime soon obviously. BUT here’s what I would like to see at some point. I want several options for halls, and they should be usable in gvg. Like in GW1, but cooler and more upgradable. I want stationary options like castles. But also mobile ones like air / sea ships. Bigger than the ships we’ve seen so far, special guild versions, but also maybe different sizes for bigger / smaller guilds. A whole lot could be done here. Maybe have some instance that spans the world, but so high up it doesn’t have to render everything. Just to have a sense that your ship is really going places. Maybe be able to even plot its course. Imagine gvg between two ships.

Also can’t wait for player housing. Home instance has lots of potential. But I also like the idea of having personal apartments / quarters in the guild hall. Some huge place where the guild can order an upgrade to add personal accommodations for members. Bigger guild = bigger upgrade needed. I have no reason to think this would ever be the case, but I think I could get quite a lot of enjoyment and attachment from this.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

No interest in Guild Halls.

Huge interest in personal housing.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Halls, Housing, fine for me it’s more social to the game.

That claim things in WvW is sad, there is no way to see if we own it or what we own. O.o

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Tigerpaw.2319

Tigerpaw.2319

Fingers crossed for E3 announcment

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Fingers crossed for E3 announcment

They don’t go to E3. And they even said they are not working on it either. I remember in guild wars 1 (specifically guild wars 1), guild halls after the initial parade became dead. I doubt they are going to dedicate resource ATM to something that has no lasting value.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

I would love to see customizable guild halls in GW2! It could add alot of new and fun gameplay, and many new objects to play for or craft. Its a shame we don’t have it. And a bigger shame if we get it and its instanced and not fully customizable.

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

Guild halls are part of what made gw1 awesome, Its what made the game feel like home. To have a place that belonged uniquely to your guild and friends, it was awesome. Expecialy for a Role play guild.

I wish they would increase the priority on Guild halls, its a small thing but i dont think they realize just how important they were to the playerbase

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

My guild especially would love a gathering spot, miss the guildwars 1 features, especially combat exhibitions.

Just was wondering if i could get a definitative answer on when we can expect this.

The whole WvWvW “guild hall/tower/keep” thing is a joke. You might spend all day capturing it, getting it set up, upgraded, and just as your guild settles in to appreciate it, here comes Jonny Zergmaster Commander with his 200 minions tagging along and you lose it in 5 minutes. So that whole concept is laughable. On the actual subject of guildhalls, I think all of us want them very badly, but so far there is no official word on a release date for them, but we have been told a few times it’s in the planning for future updates. I just hope we don’t have to wait until a whole new campaign comes out to use them :s

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Psychophant.5682

Psychophant.5682

I want guild halls so badly it is ridiculous. My only concern is that if it comes out in an expansion, that not all of my guildies would be able to even use the guild hall.

In a year or two, when/if they implement halls / housing, I’m sure it will be epic nonetheless. Slow as hell, but in the end ANet provides some jaw-dropping things.

Archon Moros
Lvl. 80 Abrasive
GM of [KAIN]

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The whole WvWvW “guild hall/tower/keep” thing is a joke. You might spend all day capturing it, getting it set up, upgraded, and just as your guild settles in to appreciate it, here comes Jonny Zergmaster Commander with his 200 minions tagging along and you lose it in 5 minutes. So that whole concept is laughable.

Anet cant control our gameplay.

Ideally, a guild group of say 15 people could stay in a tower indefinetly, fully upgraded and well defended by dozens of siege equipments. It would take an very good assault force to breach that.

But of course, it would also be insanely boring. It rarely happens in game, since everyone is focused on offense and zerging around.

Anyway, its a completely different thing compared to guild halls. Yes I would like a guild hall. Sure you can do some weird roleplay that you’re in a guild hall, but its not the same as actually controlling its content and appearance. How they would accomplish such a feature however is beyond me (other than instances of course, but you want the guildhalls to be there for everyone to see…)

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

The whole WvWvW “guild hall/tower/keep” thing is a joke. You might spend all day capturing it, getting it set up, upgraded, and just as your guild settles in to appreciate it, here comes Jonny Zergmaster Commander with his 200 minions tagging along and you lose it in 5 minutes. So that whole concept is laughable. On the actual subject of guildhalls, I think all of us want them very badly, but so far there is no official word on a release date for them, but we have been told a few times it’s in the planning for future updates. I just hope we don’t have to wait until a whole new campaign comes out to use them :s

In another game I used to play we had guild castles. Once a week usually on the weekend there would be a guild war to claim a castle (there was a decent number of them). Each castle had bonuses that the leader could get and distribute to the members. They could easily do it that way so you couldn’t lose it at any point except during the actual event.

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

If I want housing later in the year I’ll play FFXIV, because I highly doubt we’ll be seeing anything of the sort for another 2 years. The game is good, but this will definitely be on hold for a while.