How many people did you invite?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: diabluz.2860

diabluz.2860

For the refer a friend weekend? I tried asking in WoW and Diablo 3 and no one even wants an invite.

As soon as I asked I got several people saying “GW2 sucks” and a few others said it was ok but overall they were disappointed in GW2.

I still have 2 invites if anyone happens to be in the forums and would like an invite.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

All of my friends who don’t already play didn’t want to play. Most of them say they heard too many bad about the game so they don’t want to bother.

Posted by: Carcinogin.7654

Carcinogin.7654

Zero because I have no friends. (T.T)

(o.O) Mr.Snow
( * )
( * )

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

0, either:
friends I had stopped playing GW2
friends I had have no interest in it

I don’t blame either group.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

None…I like my friends and don’t want to them to suffer.

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Zero. Cuz they’ve all already tried it! (this "supposingly the blockbuster game of 2012 " <- Oh boy^)

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Zero. Many of my friends that had the game have stopped playing. I’ve been trying to get some of my coworkers interested, but Halo 4 has recently come out, and in combination with my disappointment in design shift.. well..

Posted by: XTreme Risk.5973

XTreme Risk.5973

I wouldn’t give them away. It’s nice to think I can report bots to make the game better hoping something will be done about it. It’s nice to think that I can submit bug reports in the hopes that something will be done about it. I draw the line at harvesting new players for a company who’s manifesto obviously didn’t mean much though. IMO

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Zero, because I quit when I read the patch notes today.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Zero, becos i still don’t wanna recommend this game to anyone atm.

Its a start, this patch.
But i wanna see much more bugs and broken things fixed.

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

0, nobody wants an invite :/

Posted by: Jikal.6249

Jikal.6249

None. This whole Ascended fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth, and is leading the game down a type of path my friends and I are tired of grinding.

It’s hard for me to recommend something I feel I can no longer stand behind 100%.

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

I would not want to get someones hopes up. At this point the games future seems very unstable to me and I could not in good conscience have a friend end up purchasing the game based on a short free weekend.

I personally find it difficult to invest any serious time into a character because the game feels unstable to me and I do not want to get invested in something and then become bitter over it. How can I ask someone else to?

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

I posted on the mmorpg.com forums to see if anyone wanted an invite, got three requests pretty quickly.

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

I used up all 3 of my invites. One even bought the game instead of using the trial due to Anet’s confusing error messages.

After losing all faith in Anet, I 100% regret doing so.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

Sent up to 7 invites (3 from me, 3 from the bf coz he’s lazy inviting people and he’s busy for his legendary, 1 spare from the GL). They’re now in-game having fun (that’s what they’re telling me).

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

My group of 23 friends who joined the game, only I actively play now. I was going to ask 2 of them to pop in for the 3 day event, since they did so for Halloween, but nope, not going to do that either. I don’t try to sell crap to friends.

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

I used up all 3 of my invites. One even bought the game instead of using the trial due to Anet’s confusing error messages.

After losing all faith in Anet, I 100% regret doing so.

Let him know he has 30 days to refund it.

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

All my friends from real life that would have already left because of the patch. None of the others I would be able to get into this, either because of the patch’s contents, or because I wouldnt want to try to get them into an mmorpg that was pulling the kind of things this one pulled.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

So many whiners.

Just leave for a while and play something else.

You’ll be back soon enough

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

0. But I think 3 bots took my friends place already lol

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Zero

I’m not going to inflict this on a friend.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Pictures.8954

Pictures.8954

Zero. I don’t have the heart to recommend the game with this current patch and the Ascension debacle. Who knows what direction they will take this game.

It’s a beautiful game, no doubt. You can see the vision they had in the beginning, but unfortunately, that dream is being turned into a nightmare. The spirit of what made many people purchase the game is gone with the Ascended items.

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

0, i told them to back off and keep in DDO, one even told me meh i was about to buy it i already had the money ready, i told him u lost nothing stick in DDO ull find it better right now, they are making this a grind game so whats the difference.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

after the gear treadmill was introduced, none. told my son and his friends to forget it. 5 potential customers with $$$ gone.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Yep. When Arenanet realise ascended gear was the dumbest idea ever, and admit they kittened up and apologise.

Then people will come back.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

Zero. I was very pleased with the release of the game. Then my favorite class kept getting nerfed (ranger) and is still continuing to be screwed over. Traps recharge increased, really? Shortbow auto attack reduced insanely? UGH I should have made a thief/war for the start instead of ranger/ele. Both of my class choices were the absolute worst.

And now we get a gear grind, which we were told would NOT happen.

I DO like that new content gets added on a regular basis, but why would i invite someone to a game that seems to be going downhill so soon after it’s release?

The visuals of this game are stunning, the story line is okay, and the system where we automatically work towards a single goal even if we aren’t partied is great. Right now though the bad far outweighs the good of this game and i am not sure i can continue to play if things keep happening like they have been recently.

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

Yep. When Arenanet realise ascended gear was the dumbest idea ever, and admit they kittened up and apologise.

Then people will come back.

This. While there are going to be those who have lost trust in arenanet and not come back, a very good majority of the horde who have quit/are quitting would come right back if ascended was removed.

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

Zero. I am getting enough flak from my friends who I encouaged to try the game already after this week’s train-wreck of a patch.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

At least 10, when I told my friends about the progression content they were basically begging for an invite.

Posted by: Tempest.1254

Tempest.1254

Zero. I’m not inviting people to a game with a gear treadmill.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

my friends are still playing SWTOR because they are huge fans of star wars.

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

I wanted to invite 3 but as they heared about the treadmill they werent interested anymore because they thought u would gear up once and then have fun. They dont want to grind gear their hole life.
One of them told me: " Why would I play WoW 2. If I wanted to grind for gear every day i could stay at WoW."

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

One because he asked me a invite, but i don’t wanna recommend this game to anyone now.

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

a week ago i suggested the game to a couple of friends…i strongly recommended them to look elsewhere after the patch annoucement.

I’ll tell them if something change…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

I’m too embarrassed by this game to invite my GW1 friends, so I just invited some of my friends that play WoW; they should fit right in grinding dungeons for armor.

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

None. Until this gear treadmill gets sorted out & we return to the core philosophy GW was founded on I won’t ever either.

Posted by: Perverius.9805

Perverius.9805

None, one WoW player was eager to try it about month ago and I talked him out of this.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I asked 4 people, explained the game to them, nah they didn’t want to play, not even try it, lol.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

I invited one but I regretted it after reading today’s patch notes.

Posted by: camoflaugz.5031

camoflaugz.5031

Wow, this is terrible, you get free content and have already got your 60$ worth of the game and it sounds like you purposely are after some type of revenge because they added a new function for gear? When it comes to whining this has got to be the worst Ive ever seen and its quite embarrassing. Still amazed with all this OMG “we trusted you” lol.. I can understand if your in a bad relationship with a signifcant other saying that but to be acting like that towards a game is a little overboard. You guys don’t want to invite anyone because you know theyll like it since there was probably a good reason why they left or never bought the game.

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I only had ONE FRIEND. JUST ONE FRIEND TO INVITE AND HE WASN’T EVEN ABLE TO START UP THE GAME DUE TO GLITCHES.

smh. btw, he is on mac and he had an error telling him his hardware was unable to run the game.

Posted by: Kathmandu.2417

Kathmandu.2417

The same here: wanted to invite two friends but read about the treadmill beginning and didn’t. They do not have more time for grind as I have, so why bother?

13th November. The Grind Wars begin.

camoflaugz.5031

The same here: wanted to invite two friends but read about the treadmill beginning and didn’t. They do not have more time for grind as I have, so why bother?

Still sounds like revenge to me.. The grind comes nowhere near other MMO’s that most people play right now. Most of the people that say they played wow etc never even played wow long enough and I can tell by reading their posts. Real wow players know that the grind comes from loot being random and competition on rolls and daily and weekly caps. Nobody has ever mentioned that GW2’s system doesn’t work like that. So how can the grind be anything close to that?

Posted by: Oluerim.7256

Oluerim.7256

Zero and furthermore I now warn them not to try this game.
No one would throw a friend in such a trap

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Wow, this is terrible, you get free content and have already got your 60$ worth of the game and it sounds like you purposely are after some type of revenge because they added a new function for gear? When it comes to whining this has got to be the worst Ive ever seen and its quite embarrassing. Still amazed with all this OMG “we trusted you” lol.. I can understand if your in a bad relationship with a signifcant other saying that but to be acting like that towards a game is a little overboard. You guys don’t want to invite anyone because you know theyll like it since there was probably a good reason why they left or never bought the game.

All the people I would have invited have already left!

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

I’m not inviting someone I like to a party if I don’t know what that party is going to be like. There might be hookers there or a nice round of bingo!, I don’t know. How can I invite anyone to such a party?

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

None, but not because I’m disillusioned about the new patch.

All my friends who I play games with regularly already own the game, and those that have left, left because after getting exotics and the skins they wanted, fairly easily and on more than one character, they went back to LoL.

Me and the few people I still play with generally don’t mind the patch as it really won’t have any major influence over how we play the game anyway.

If I did have a friend looking for something new to play on the other hand I would recommend the game whole heartily. Why would I deny somebody a really great experience because of a couple of items of gear at end game designed to please people who have done everything else.

I have no problem with the Ascended gear, because like everything else in the game, if I have no interest in it, I won’t do it, it doesn’t take away any kind of enjoyment. For example I don’t run around Orr farming every day because I find it dull, I may not have as much karma or gold as some people, but it’s entirely my choice. Which is what it all boils down to in the end.

camoflaugz.5031

None, but not because I’m disillusioned about the new patch.

All my friends who I play games with regularly already own the game, and those that have left, left because after getting exotics and the skins they wanted, fairly easily and on more than one character, they went back to LoL.

Me and the few people I still play with generally don’t mind the patch as it really won’t have any major influence over how we play the game anyway.

If I did have a friend looking for something new to play on the other hand I would recommend the game whole heartily. Why would I deny somebody a really great experience because of a couple of items of gear at end game designed to please people who have done everything else.

I have no problem with the Ascended gear, because like everything else in the game, if I have no interest in it, I won’t do it, it doesn’t take away any kind of enjoyment. For example I don’t run around Orr farming every day because I find it dull, I may not have as much karma or gold as some people, but it’s entirely my choice. Which is what it all boils down to in the end.

Wish the rest of the people on here had that same mindset. " If i have no interest in it, I wont do it" well said.

Posted by: Kathmandu.2417

Kathmandu.2417

Still sounds like revenge to me.. The grind comes nowhere near other MMO’s that most people play right now. Most of the people that say they played wow etc never even played wow long enough and I can tell by reading their posts. Real wow players know that the grind comes from loot being random and competition on rolls and daily and weekly caps. Nobody has ever mentioned that GW2’s system doesn’t work like that. So how can the grind be anything close to that?

I only started to play GW2 because Anet said there will be no necessary to grind at all, as long as we talk about Stats.

After 3 months we already have the gear treadmill started. I do not have enough time for this and I do not want play a game with treadmill either. My friends are people like me, so for sure I wouldn’t invite them. Why it is a revenge?

PS: I don’t care how much worse the gear treadmill is in WoW or other games. Why should I? Anet said there will be no such thing here, in GW2.

13th November. The Grind Wars begin.