How much condi damage is considered "alot"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I decided to ask here, since Google gave me pretty much nothing, besides a few comments from 2012.

So my question: how much condition damage (as a numeric value) is considered to be high? I have always played on power builds and decided to try out condi warrior, that’s why I’m asking.

Fully geared for condition damage I’m hitting around 1700-1800 with food and utility buffs. Compared to Power, where 2500+ is considered high, having such a lower number seems strange to me. Is this how it’s supposed to be?

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

It’s because u have a 1000 power dmg baseline, just like u have 1000 toughness, and vitality. But with condition dmg u have 0 baseline. That’s why the numeric value is lower. As for your condition dmg, yes it is quite high. What gear are u running? and is it for a tank role or pure dps?

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

With “real” buffs max condi damage is something like 35k/sec on dps test golem, which is a bit less than power.
I don’t know how you managed hitting 1700-1800, it is super easy to stack up to 8-10k bleeding/poison/burning.
May be you mean power damage on condi build?

Theonord.6359

No he is talking about the stats, not the actual dmg you do.

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

Sorry for misunderstanding.
I’ve checked some builds now. Condi damage stat depends on build, class and weapon. For example ranger have 1402(1553 a/t) condi dmg with food. Necro 1957.
ranger build
necro build

Hevoskuuri.3891

It’s because u have a 1000 power dmg baseline, just like u have 1000 toughness, and vitality. But with condition dmg u have 0 baseline. That’s why the numeric value is lower. As for your condition dmg, yes it is quite high. What gear are u running? and is it for a tank role or pure dps?

Thank your for the response! I’m running exotics with Toughness/Vit/Condi and Balthazar runes for PvE purposes. Weapons are S/T & LB, with bleed & burn duration sigils.

This build allows me to stay alive whilst being able to tag tons of mobs and deal damage over time. Great for the new maps (i.e leather farm) and story instances where you get swarmed with mobs.

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

It’s because u have a 1000 power dmg baseline, just like u have 1000 toughness, and vitality. But with condition dmg u have 0 baseline. That’s why the numeric value is lower.

^ This.

Starting from 1600 (decent) all the way up to ~2200 (max?) is the condi stat you want to aim for. But don’t forget 100% duration ofc.

Theonord.6359

Seems like a decent build for world maps. Just make sure if u decide to do fractals/raids. Viper’s gear is the way to go. Power/precision/condi dmg/expertise. that gives u alot of power and condi dmg. And can make your bleeds/burns last 100% longer. with the right food/sigils.

Theonord.6359

I myself play condi engi in fractals. And it is insane dmg! but with a difficult rotation. Condi warr is a bit easier but still very good dmg. And can give nice buffs as well with banners etc.

Hevoskuuri.3891

Seems like a decent build for world maps. Just make sure if u decide to do fractals/raids. Viper’s gear is the way to go. Power/precision/condi dmg/expertise. that gives u alot of power and condi dmg. And can make your bleeds/burns last 100% longer. with the right food/sigils.

Will do, though I prefer healer druid or dragonhunter in Fractals.

Can you recommend the best sigils & foods for maximum condi duration? I was thinking about taking my war to WvW (even though I hate condi builds there) and see what it can do.

Theonord.6359

sure for the expensive version. I use Sigil of earth and sigil of geomancy. And for food it’s koicake, and toxic focusing crystal. And the cheap version is using super veggie pizza. and master tuning crystal.

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

sure for the expensive version. I use Sigil of earth and sigil of geomancy. And for food it’s koicake, and toxic focusing crystal. And the cheap version is using super veggie pizza. and master tuning crystal.

I think you messed up a little.