How much content has been removed from GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

I bought GW2 at launch, but I never really got into it because it chugged on my hardware. I recently upgraded and now it runs beautifully, but I just learned something that has made me reconsider returning.

From what I can tell, the vast majority of patched-in content since launch has been up for only a limited time and then removed from the game. Apparently this is called the “Living Story”, because it adds ‘life’ to the world, but all it’s done for me is bring death to my interest in the game.

I’m all for temporary holiday festivals that return every year, but entire dungeons and quest chains that are integral to advancing the story of Tyria being removed sits very poorly with me. I just aborted an attempt to get into RIFT because the developers are in the midst of cutting out half of the quests in the game, just so that players don’t have “an overwhelming amount” of choice in how they play the game. That’s ridiculous.

Please give some sort of ‘flashback’ option to those of us who missed out on these events. I can’t get into a game that plays keep-away with its plot development and added content. I’d much rather return to a game that introduces new stories, lore, and adventures and then KEEPS them in the game.

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

Can anyone post a list of content that has been removed from the game?

I know the Flame and Frost quests are gone, and the dungeon tied to them, but is there anything else that’s been taken out?

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head (with the exception of holiday festival content) is the Super Adventure Box, but that will return in the future with additional content added to it.

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Lost Shores was a one-off event and the map was recycled into the current content they are touting.

Flame and Frost stuff spanned January through the first half of May and consisted of one dungeon. That dungeon was removed after being released for two weeks.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release – list of updates

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Absolutely everything that was in the game at launch is still there. They haven’t removed any of those quests, events or dungeons or ever suggested they would.

What they have done is add and then remove temporary content like the festival stuff. They’ve also added some permanent content.

In brief and entirely from memory so I may be missing some:
October – Halloween. There was a scavenger hunt quest which awarded a back item – the item stayed but the quest is gone. There was also a ‘dungeon’ (basically just a boss fight) a PVP mini game and a PVE mini game and a jumping puzzle, all of which have been removed. New crafting materials and recipes were added which stayed.

Also the lion statue in LA was destroyed and stayed that way until the start of Flame & Frost.

November – Lost Shores. There were a bunch of dynamic events and a scavenger hunt quest which have been removed (although some of the trophy items stayed unless deleted by players). It also added the Fractals of the Mists dungeon, the first Ascended items (rings I think) and Southsun Cove which have stayed and saw the first introduction of the Consortium who disappeared for a while and came back in Flame & Frost.

The lighthouse in LA was destroyed (a shame because it was the only bit of old LA left standing) and construction began on a new one.

December – Wintersday. A jumping puzzle, various minis games and 6 variations of the same 5 man dungeon were added and later removed. More seasonal crafting materials and recipes were added and are still in-game.

January – March – Flame and Frost part 1 – 3. Various dynamic events and achievements added. The events are mostly gone (some are still around but that’s a bug), the achievements can’t be completed any more but are still in-game.

Also the Lion Statue was re-built in January.

April – Flame & Frost part 4 – as above pretty much. 2 new instances were added – Cragstead in Wayfarer Foothills and North Nolan Hatchery in Diessa Plateau which are still in-game, also some new NPCs who we will apparently see again. Also the Super Adventure Box was added for April Fools. It’s been removed now but will apparently be coming back sometime between now and next April with more content added.

May – Flame & Frost finale. A dungeon was added which has now been removed.

All the festival stuff may or may not come back in future years. The assumption is that some or all of it will be repeated but we won’t know for sure until next Halloween. They’ve also added a bunch of stuff which is unrelated to the Living Story like guild missions and new rewards for daily achievements. You’ll need to read the patch notes for a full list.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Hello, m8.
Well, living story, is living, just because it does not stand still, I guess. It would be strange if it can be rolled back. However, do not worry. It moves very smoothly and managed to miss you a little bit.

I guess you missed Halloween. Wintersday (it will be repeat)
The Karka attack on Lion’s Arch. Partial destruction of this. Counterattack followed by, with construction of the camps on new island and the murder of the Champion Karka(doing it for half a day, it was quite fun).
Donations for the repair of the LA city. =)

From the live storie you missed the, in fact, two quests that introduce us to new characters (Rox and Braham). Assistance to refugees, the attacks of combined forces of Dredge and a Legion of Flame (you can catch them even now). And the dungeon. Quite interesting, but some high-value rewards were not there. More cinematic effect…

Frankly, it seems to me that all this was just an outset for the events that will begin next. Pen test. About all of it you can read on wiki.

By and large, you missed a fine fuss with the refugees. Like “kiss the wounded there where it hurts”, “hammer marks !do not go here! on the road”, “bring memorabilia from those whom you have not had a kiss on the hurt spots.” “Find special items of refugees”. Determine the cause of disasters. Find the secret cipher of our agents. Fill its head villains in the dungeon. About the awards: missed the gloves, and pet (not the fact that you would get him, btw. You can buy it so far).

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

At the end of the day ANet isn’t really in the business of “keeping” players actually “playing” who log-in maybe once every half year, you know? Because that’d be a paradox. Yes sure, it’s unfortunate that you don’t get to play those ~2.5 hours of content the Living Story thing cumulatively was on some rainy afternoon. But the living story isn’t targeted at extremely irregular players, it’s targeted at regulars. ANet has no magic tricks to lure the irregulars into the game, it’s entirely up to their whims when they log in the next time, so they try their best to turn them into regulars via temporary content. To them (and the player base) people logging in every month or even week to experience the stuff, instead of letting the game dust regularly, is much more advantageous.
You see where they are coming from? To someone who logs in every couple months the content would be just something to kill some off-hours, not a thing that keeps them tied to the game for months.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

Cantha District in the human city

a ton of minigames that were officially done and in the game according to a pre launch interview

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Can anyone post a list of content that has been removed from the game?

I know the Flame and Frost quests are gone, and the dungeon tied to them, but is there anything else that’s been taken out?

So far there has been three actual content updates. And none of those are around anymore, story wise. Lost Shores, Flame and Frost, and The Secret of Southsun.

There is bits and pieces of them left behind, but you cannot play them anymore. The story line (quest) was removed. Lost Shores left behind an island, but no story and nothing to do on it. Flame and Frost left behind a bunch of refugees, but there is no story to what happened anymore for you to play. And The Secret of Southsun is currently going on now, with Last Stand at Southsun coming in about a week, but all that is temporary as well.

If you are talking about small features, well there is a lot of stuff that was removed before launch, that we had in beta. That’s easy to find on a wiki or just through google (as there is too much to go into).

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

a ton of minigames that were officially done and in the game according to a pre launch interview

I’m pretty sure that they developed it that way since the start of the development process. They didn’t make it and then just take it away. Do Oriya see an Illona district? Why do you think there would be a Canthan one in Kryta?
About mini games: think of it this way – they made 1st person camera, but in the first beta they found out that the view point was really buggy and had to take it out.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The only thing, arguably that you might miss from Flame and Frost is the Molten Facility dungeon. That’s pretty much it. The Southsun event, the original one back in November, was a 1 time event that probably wasn’t worth doing even back then. The lag and the diconnects were legendary.

I don’t think you’ve missed anything else that’s worth not coming back for. And since a new dungeon is coming out in a few days time, there’s something new to do. And if you haven’t played much, there’s a ton of stuff to do you already haven’t done.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

They are in a business model at the moment of doing lots of things temporarily, such that the game is never the same. For each thing removed though, 2 things get added and one stays.

Watch wooden potatoes video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIgeldCpV68

Much more has stayed than has been temporary, but a lot of people stop thinking of it as new once its been around for a bit, and because they put it out in trickles rather than singular big pieces, people never add it up and realize just how massive it really is.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

SpyderArachnid.5619

I’m pretty sure thakitten was developed that way since the start of the development process. They didn’t make it and then just take it away.
About mini games: think of it this way – they made 1st person camera, but in the first beta they found out thakitten ’s really buggy and had to take it out.

Actually there was a Canthan District there. It was replaced with the Great Collapse.

I can’t find the actual quote about it, but here is a bit of info taken from the wiki about why it was changed.

This area was originally a completed Canthan district and included a blend of Asian architectures. However, this mix of styles received negative feedback from China and Korea, since those gaming markets traditionally prefer a uniform design. Due to time constraints the district was replaced by the Great Collapse.

And an image of the Canthan District before it was changed to the Great Collapse.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/47/2010_May_Divinity%27s_Reach_Canthan_district_Polished.jpg

Mirta.5029

I’m pretty sure thakitten was developed that way since the start of the development process. They didn’t make it and then just take it away.
About mini games: think of it this way – they made 1st person camera, but in the first beta they found out thakitten ’s really buggy and had to take it out.

Actually there was a Canthan District there. It was replaced with the Great Collapse.

I can’t find the actual quote about it, but here is a bit of info taken from the wiki about why it was changed.

This area was originally a completed Canthan district and included a blend of Asian architectures. However, this mix of styles received negative feedback from China and Korea, since those gaming markets traditionally prefer a uniform design. Due to time constraints the district was replaced by the Great Collapse.

And an image of the Canthan District before it was changed to the Great Collapse.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/47/2010_May_Divinity%27s_Reach_Canthan_district_Polished.jpg

And it seems more fitting this way. It’s Kryta, not Cantha. Expect Cantha in a Canthan expansion. Also people probably would have complained about no Illonian district in Kryta then.

SpyderArachnid.5619

And it seems more fitting this way. It’s Kryta, not Cantha. Expect Cantha in a Canthan expansion. Also people probably would have complained about no Illonian district in Kryta then.

Divinity’s Reach was supposed to cater to all races, thus why they had different Districts for them.

And there is an Elonian District. The Ossan Quarter.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Essentially what has been added and has stayed is some mini dungeons-http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini-dungeons

Fractals

A few new jump puzzles

About 30 new de’s

Some crafting recipes you now need to buy mats for off the tp, some skins you can buy off the tp

A leveling aspect to WvW, a couple new spvp maps

Southsun Cove and a couple new builds from mats there- apothecary

Chest events- Most meta bosses now offer a guaranteed rare, these are also all now tracked reliably by the api release

Some tweaks to Orr

Leaderboards if you want to call it content

ascended gear

Laurel system for dailies/ monthlies

Other than that, still the same game you left. Besides the normal class balancing and bug fixing.

(edited by killcannon.2576)

Vayne.8563

Essentially what has been added and has stayed is some mini dungeons-http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini-dungeons

A few new jump puzzles

About 30 new de’s

Some crafting recipes you now need to buy mats for off the tp, some skins you can buy off the tp

Chest events- Most meta bosses now offer a guaranteed rare, these are also all now tracked reliably by the api release

Some tweaks to Orr

Other than that, still the same game you left. Besides the normal class balancing and bug fixing.

Except the OP is asking what’s been removed. You’re answering a different question. Not what stayed.

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

As my response to this,

Please give some sort of ‘flashback’ option to those of us who missed out on these events. I can’t get into a game that plays keep-away with its plot development and added content. I’d much rather return to a game that introduces new stories, lore, and adventures and then KEEPS them in the game.

I would like to point out that Colin said this:

As we’ve said before, the releases this month include content that will remain permanently in the game (not all will, but some), as will other Living World releases in the future. Some events and content from the past will also re-appear in the future, some will return for relevant holidays/festivities, and other for special events or even permanently added to new locations.

As an aside, I would like to point out that GW2 is designed and marketed to more serious gamers, as opposed to casual gamers. They want to keep the client base that will dedicate themselves to GW2 and keep buying gems. They don’t care so much about the casual gamer that goes between different games on a whim. Most likely those gamers have not even experienced all GW2 has to offer, before complaining that they don’t have access to enough content. Also they don’t buy as many gems.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

killcannon.2576

A few new jump puzzles

About 30 new de’s

Some tweaks to Orr

Except the OP is asking what’s been removed. You’re answering a different question. Not what stayed.

I would need about two pages for that.

Vayne.8563

A few new jump puzzles

About 30 new de’s

Some tweaks to Orr

And of those two pages, what has been removed that you think will be keenly misssed by the OP? The scavenger hunt for lost items? The periscopes (which are still there anyway), fixing signposts in Wayfarer Foothills.

With one hand people say the F&F stuff was underwhelming until the last month and then they complain that content has been removed. You can’t have it both ways.

The only thing removed from the game that the OP might miss is the MF dungeon. Beyond that, he hasn’t missed much.

killcannon.2576

A few new jump puzzles

About 30 new de’s

Some tweaks to Orr

And of those two pages, what has been removed that you think will be keenly misssed by the OP? The scavenger hunt for lost items? The periscopes (which are still there anyway), fixing signposts in Wayfarer Foothills.

With one hand people say the F&F stuff was underwhelming until the last month and then they complain that content has been removed. You can’t have it both ways.

The only thing removed from the game that the OP might miss is the MF dungeon. Beyond that, he hasn’t missed much.

I can not speak to what he/she may or may not have liked. I do not know the op.

I don’t want it both ways, I want quality content releases, and I want that content to stay.

In lieu of that, since they are lore building, a synopsis of past events available to new or returning players in the form of cutscenes or written dialog would be an asset to the community. It takes nothing away from people who got to play the content, and allows others to at least be immersed in a bit of lore. Optimally, all temporary content in the form of the dungeons and story sequences should be added to a Fractal type instance.

I, personally, would also like some sort of official in game history for everything from GW1. Do i expect it now? nope, but would be a nice addition at some point in the future.

I remain now, and forever, against temporary content. You may keep your current player base happy and logging in with it, but new players are getting the shaft. Short term gains over long term stability does not make a good plan for an mmorpg.

Vayne.8563

A few new jump puzzles

About 30 new de’s

Some tweaks to Orr

I can not speak to what he/she may or may not have liked. I do not know the op.

I don’t want it both ways, I want quality content releases, and I want that content to stay.

In lieu of that, since they are lore building, a synopsis of past events available to new or returning players in the form of cutscenes or written dialog would be an asset to the community. It takes nothing away from people who got to play the content, and allows others to at least be immersed in a bit of lore. Optimally, all temporary content in the form of the dungeons and story sequences should be added to a Fractal type instance.

I, personally, would also like some sort of official in game history for everything from GW1. Do i expect it now? nope, but would be a nice addition at some point in the future.

I remain now, and forever, against temporary content. You may keep your current player base happy and logging in with it, but new players are getting the shaft. Short term gains over long term stability does not make a good plan for an mmorpg.

I disagree. I don’t think you’re screwing over the player base. I think it’s smart on Anet’s part, because people always have people to play with. Leave it all up and scatter people wider and further and you fun into the problem of not having enough people to do content. Not just for today but five years from now.

If they continue to create content at the rate they’re creating it (which I doubt is possible) in two or three years, no one would know where to start.

Sure right now, at the beginning, it seems like people are missing out but over the long term, it would make it impossible for anyone to catch up. And I don’t think that’s what the devs want for this game.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

OP I find if funny that no one’s mentioned the obvious to you. A company that directly works for and speaks for Anet said that they released an expansions worth of content. Since that content has all been removed each time it’s worked thru it’s time table all of that content is now gone.

Your concerns are valid, very little permanent content (other then guild events) has been added to the game and the major content has all gone the way of the dinosaurs after they put it out.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

An expansion’s worth

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

More has been removed by a large and far amount than has been added, but I think that trend may reverse soon, mistakes are starting to be realized I believe. I just hope we can all stick around long enough for it

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“From what I can tell, the vast majority of patched-in content since launch has been up for only a limited time and then removed from the game. Apparently this is called the “Living Story”, because it adds ‘life’ to the world, but all it’s done for me is bring death to my interest in the game.”

You’re really looking at the cup half empty rather than the cup half full. If you log on and there is something to do that’s fun then it’s ok. If you’re not logged on it doesn’t matter if there are fun things going on or not. You don’t stop listening to the radio if they played good records when you’re not listening, do you?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Off the top of my head, so probably missing some. Add anything else I might have missed on further comments and I’ll edit this post:

Actually removed never to come back:

Southsun event: one time karka attacking Lion’s Arch, followed by an attack on southsun shore ending on the big fight against the ancient karka. The southsun area was left as a permanent adition but nothing to do there until now. You can still see the corpse of the ancient karka on the cave near the lava.

Flame and Frost storyline: Some open world things to do like helping settlers and dredge/flame legion invasions, 2 solo instances, 1 group dungeon. There are rumors that the group dungeon might be coming back in the future, maybe as a fractal mini dungeon, but nothing further has been said about it.

Removed but will probably come back:

Halloween event: Open world events and things to find, 1 group mini dungeon, 1 explorable area, jumping puzzle, etc. Will most likely come back next halloween.

Christmas event: Daily mini dungeons, PvP area, jumping puzzles, new open world events. Also will most likely come back next christmas.

Super Adventure Box: Instanced game based on old 8 bit games, could be scaled from 1 to 5 players, open world events (the boxes, they were removed before the event was done, though). There were weapon skins (you can preview them on the PvP locker as “super weapons”) you could get from the SAB with baubles that dropped on it, there may still be some skins on the TP (haven’t checked) but they’re most likely VERY expensive by now. According to a dev post, the SAB will return more frequently than yearly because of the overwhemly positive response, new levels will be added (3 were available), but the skins might not come back, instead replaced by new ones.

The current southsun event will probably be gone as well once it’s done, there is going to be a new dungeon but we have no idea whether it’ll be permanent or not. Also note that some things added in previous temporary events (open world mini dungeons and jumping puzzles, for example) stayed permanently, so probably some things (like IMHO the stepping stones jumping puzzle) will stay after southsun is done.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

I used to be able to get into cannons and such at more places than I currently can.
- The Vehicles, I believe, has been cut back on, unfortunately.

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Lost Shores
Super Adventure Box (God bless it.)
Flame and Frost (That dungeon was a blast!)

Vayne.8563

OP I find if funny that no one’s mentioned the obvious to you. A company that directly works for and speaks for Anet said that they released an expansions worth of content. Since that content has all been removed each time it’s worked thru it’s time table all of that content is now gone.

Your concerns are valid, very little permanent content (other then guild events) has been added to the game and the major content has all gone the way of the dinosaurs after they put it out.

Which company is this? Are you making stuff up again?

The reviewer who said that was actually using his own words. After Colin’s original post and clarification, Anet has not again used those words, nor has any company owned or controlled by them.

We know you don’t like the game because you get bad drops but please, stop making stuff up. It doesn’t strengthen the legitimate points you make at all.

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Why start two threads about this?

killcannon.2576

The reviewer who said that was actually using his own words. After Colin’s original post and clarification, Anet has not again used those words, nor has any company owned or controlled by them.

We know you don’t like the game because you get bad drops but please, stop making stuff up. It doesn’t strengthen the legitimate points you make at all.

The firm who wrote the piece supposedly work for NCSoft, or ArenaNet, or some such as a PR firm. The posts talking about it can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/p3y3qx6

I don’t care one way or the other, anyone that believes PR hype get’s what they deserve. Just giving out info.

Mirta.5029

The firm who wrote the piece supposedly work for NCSoft, or ArenaNet, or some such as a PR firm. The posts talking about it can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/p3y3qx6

I don’t care one way or the other, anyone that believes PR hype get’s what they deserve. Just giving out info.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/More-Than-An-Expansion-s-Worth-of-Content/page/2#post2075565

Just for clarity, this quote isn’t from NCSoft PR, marketing, or ArenaNet.

It was written by the person who wrote the article, who was expressing their own opinion about the state of the game. We’re excited and humbled they feel that way, but that’s up for each of you (and the press) to decide on your own.

We’ve only once as a company made any reference to a statement about “expansions worth of content”, December of last year, in one interview and we both very quickly clarified what we meant by such, and also asked our marketing team to remove this from our future messaging since it means wildly different things to different people making it impossible to be true for everyone. (For example I expected the sandwichmancer profession in an expansion and didn’t get one in jan/feb/march, that’s BS ArenaNet!)

As a reminder, the stuff we are trying to work on can be summarized high-level here, and we’ll update this again later this year with our progress:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Ok, the big question now is…. when are we getting to play a sandwichmancer?….

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

About mini games: think of it this way – they made 1st person camera, but in the first beta they found out that it’s really buggy and had to take it out.

I would like to ask why if China and Korea influence so much the game with their feedback there is no place for them in this forum, and from where anet gets those feedback?
Because I feel that they influence the development a lot, indeed, if I’m not wrong, anet sold most of their copies in the asian market.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Mirta.5029

I would like to ask why if China and Korea influence so much the game with their feedback there is no place for them in this forum, and from where anet gets those feedback?
Because I feel that they influence the development a lot, indeed, if I’m not wrong, anet sold most of their copies in the asian market.

Because it’s a huge demographic. You’re wrong about it selling the most there though, because both Japan and China are still waiting for their release. In Korea? Maybe. Korea is an MMO heavy country.
Also if they’re a buyer I imagine there’s plenty of places for them in this forum. They have exactly the same rights as the rest of us.
I can understand why Cantha in a Krytan city can be insulting – isn’t it the same as portraying a China town? Also having in mind about what the developers said in the Cantha thread I do think that we will get Cantha as a continent.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

There are definitely events that have been removed from the game as well, or are in such a broken state that they never trigger.

Fun stuff.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Vayne.8563

The firm that wrote that story has nothing to do with Anet or Guild Wars 2. It’s a colunmist who wrote that. Colin posted in the thread saying it’s not marketing that did that, it’s some guy completely unaffiliated with Anet. The guy who posted it wasn’t sure who or what it was…people made assumptions and those assumptions are now taken as fact, when they’re completely fictitious.

This is precisely the kind of thing I object to.

killcannon.2576

The firm that wrote that story has nothing to do with Anet or Guild Wars 2. It’s a colunmist who wrote that. Colin posted in the thread saying it’s not marketing that did that, it’s some guy completely unaffiliated with Anet. The guy who posted it wasn’t sure who or what it was…people made assumptions and those assumptions are now taken as fact, when they’re completely fictitious.

Apparently you did not read it, because they have a direct link to the company. They are a PR firm working directly for NCSoft. There were no assumptions made.

Vayne.8563

Apparently you did not read it, because they have a direct link to the company. They are a PR firm working directly for NCSoft. There were no assumptions made.

Yep, my bad. I read the earlier part of the thread, saw Colin’s post and ended up not returning to that thread, thinking it had run it’s course.

Apologies are in order. No one was making anything up.