How much gold do you have ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

3 or 4. I only recently started pveing, taking a massive break from pvp to finally ding 80 and finish my personal story then farm dungeons. I will be rich in no time.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Lvl 80 Ranger, 400 Leatherworker/400 Huntsman – Full self-crafted Exotics, had to buy about half the mat’s on TP… 3s 45c. 100% explored all lvl 70+ areas for mat’s.

Lvl 74 Necro, 400 Jeweller/345 Chef – Aside from wearing some random jewellery I kept from craft levelling, wearing all loot gear… around 4s. Only just reached lvl 70 areas.

Lvl 7 Elementalist, 118(?) Tailor/26 Artificer – The cause of my current financial situation. 2s remaining, but I neeeeeeed moar mat’s to make my Necro some Exotics.

10s in Bank.

Probably the biggest gold sink for me, outside of mat’s, is WvW. Even those 6s upgrades at towers and supply camps add up on a heavily contested map. Never had more than 15g in cash at one time.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: lMIKUl.7956

lMIKUl.7956

atm 100g at bank, but gotta use them for buying mats for legendary soon

Posted by: SilentPhoenix.2916

SilentPhoenix.2916

Gee how do you guys make som much money. I`m level 53 with 3g , might have spent a total of 3-4g in gear / waypoints/ repair .

Salvaging I must be doing something wrong cause all I get is junk in return….

Yes dyes are addicting , know what I did last night….I had 3g55s……mought 1g worth of dyes opened them up and on the 2nd one BOOOM Black dye for 150% investment….know what I did …sold all possibles at TP and the cheap one tried the Mystic Forge for fun…then got hooked with that….all in all I ended up buying/forging my entire profit of 1.5g and was back were I started lol

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

You make money by not gambling it away on the forge or unidentified dyes.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

95g atm, all from farming in Orr (selling trash loot and rare drops on the TP).

Posted by: tertle.4621

tertle.4621

Currently 94g, I have a lot of gems though.

I have probably farmed a combined total of 2hours of my 500 hours played, I make 5-15g a day from trading post from 15-60 minutes of work.

(edited by tertle.4621)

Posted by: Alucardrx.8930

Alucardrx.8930

14g at level 80.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

6G right now. But I’ve spent quite a bit of it on… stuff… probably about 20G total. Playing casually since launch, completed story, explored all areas, invested in crafting, got a set of exotic gear, etc.

I’m constantly decked out in magic-find gear, and the gold flow doesn’t seem particularly casual if you’re going for cosmetic rewards, exotics or other such goals. Buying food, dyes and rare equipment, however, is piece of cake – really glad for that one.

(edited by Draco.2806)

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I have about 27g and 4000 gems which I bought in prep of the event.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

1g.
Had 20 earlier but bought gear for my Thief.

On the bright side, I look like Ezio Auditore now.

Attachments:

Posted by: FizzyMyNizzy.1092

FizzyMyNizzy.1092

5 level 80s, and 53g+/- after I bought and craft 3 set of exotic and 2 pcs, 3 exotic rifle, and 1 long bow, and 1 short bow. Yes, it felt like Christmas. =D

These picture are before I did all the buying.
Picture 3 is up-to-date.

Level 80 Warrior Tank exotic gear set 2 pcs is dps exotic, Exotic Greatsword, and Exotic Rifle
Level 80 Ele Healing exotic gear set, 2 dagger exotic, 1 staff exotic
level 80 engi DPS exotic gear set, exotic rifle
2nd level 80 engi DPS exotic gear set, exotic rifle
Level 80 Ranger, DPS exotic gear set, long bow exotic, and short bow exotic.

Attachments:

(edited by FizzyMyNizzy.1092)

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

@RedFalcon

What gear is that?

@topic
1g I’m broke.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

1g.

I demand to know what that gear is. Now.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Rabman.8647

Rabman.8647

1g.

I demand to know what that gear is. Now.

Noble shoulder, newbie thief hood, duelist chest, bracers. Random boots, pants, several share those models.

Posted by: Nakatsu Hime.3520

Nakatsu Hime.3520

My usual answer to this type of question… Not nearly enough!

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Currently up to 130g with 25g’s worth of items to sell on the Trading Post.

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

127g right now, made about 60g yesterday on the gem price spike ^^

Posted by: Syndi Sycle.8593

Syndi Sycle.8593

I just got my very first gold coin today …at level 57.

There are so many little nickle and dime traps in this game. As a necromancer, when I raise a minion its seems like they come into being with me owing them money somehow!

(edited by Syndi Sycle.8593)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

~60g (Mostly in investments but that is release and flipped on a daily basis), I make my “living” as a day trader. Projected to have closer to 120 by the end of the week from investment turnover.

I already have T3 cultural armour and full exotics, so the amount of funds that pass through my hands is a lot higher than what I current have banked.

I’ve never farmed in GW2, I tried early on and quickly realiser mesmer has the mob-tagging potential on a wet noodle in a busy orrian dynamic event so i looked for other paths to getting shinies.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Daevara.9038

Daevara.9038

About 7G 50S on my 80 Thief and perhaps 4G on my 57 Mesmer. Plus some mats in the bank, if I sold all of these I could probably add 10G or something for that stuff.

My Thief has exotic armor and an exotic weapon but is still in green/yellow trinkets, missing superior runes and a second exotic weapon.

As I dislike farming/grinding in general getting money for me has been very slow.

Lynessa | Daevara
Kodash [DE]

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Who needs money. Between karma and dungeon tokens I’ve got all the gear I need.

Being poor is a state of mind, not a reflection of your financial assets. Buy poorly and sell poorly and you’ll be poor. Buy and sell wisely and you will end up with far more than you could dream of.

I don’t play the TP, I just sell everything to highest buyer and drop it off in the bank at the end of the day. That’s not optimal but I don’t care, I’m already full exotic. I am at about 10g atm with loads of liquid assets I didn’t sell yet. And that’s with only playing 2 hours a day tops.

I’m not envious of people running around with other shinies. I’ll save up for those and eventually get them. Even legendary seems feasible in the mid-long run.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

1g.
I count all the money I have across all characters and still have one gold.
I maintain armor and weapons to level. I don’t care about what they look like as they just need to provide the protection and damage.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: mokaiba.4169

mokaiba.4169

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

25g.
Used 10g yesterday to buy halloween stuff.

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Man I’m level 33 and I’ve only got like 50 silver. I just found out by reading this thread that you could sell to other players via Trading Post. Before this I would just go to the nearest NPC merchant and sell all my stuff there. Is that how you guys make so much money? By selling to trading post?

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Man I’m level 33 and I’ve only got like 50 silver. I just found out by reading this thread that you could sell to other players via Trading Post. Before this I would just go to the nearest NPC merchant and sell all my stuff there. Is that how you guys make so much money? By selling to trading post?

Buying and Selling

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’m at 8g now, I think… lvl80, but haven’t set foot in an area above 60.

That’s without all my crafting materials, naturally. Which I do have a few of.
Don’t have an exotic armour (can’t afford it)
And I hate “playing the TP”. I’ll just put my stuff up there so I can sell for a decent profit (so not the merchant+1!) and I buy from there for a price I think is nice (personal use only)

I also bought some gems way back (wish I had bought more then!)

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

2g ^^ I spent a lot maximizing my crafting recently. But I can’t really remember a time when I had more than 3g tbh.

It’s enough for me atm to have fun. Doing dungeons to get exotic stuff, and the rest of the time I pretty much wander the world whereever I feel like it.

I’m not trying to farm, not going for legendaries, not planning on buying my gear and MF stats are totally wasted on me, but I’m happy :p

Posted by: Mattress.3629

Mattress.3629

7g, but I’ve spent around 170g since release on full tier 3 Asura light armour and full exotic set and magic find set.

Mattress – Asuran Elementalist
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Daevara.9038

Daevara.9038

Selling most stuff on the trading post is not recommended. Blue/green items often sell for their vendor value at maximum, even rares don’t sell with much profit most of the time.

I handle it the following way: I salvage white items for the materials, green and blue goes to NPC vendors (most of the time the vendor price is higher than the material price), with yellow items I check the value in the TP, if it’s worth selling there I put it up if not it goes to the NPC. Exotics are always worth putting up on the TP, most sell for a good deal more than their NPC price.

Additionally with 70+ rare/exotics if you have high quality salvage kits you can get Globs of Ectoplasm. Those are needed for crafting exotic equipment and sell well. So it might be advantageous to salvage the item instead of selling it.

Lynessa | Daevara
Kodash [DE]

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

2g 47s ??c

yeah I’m poor

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I’m flat broke atm.
I don’t play the TP, too much hassle :P
On My 80 Mesmer I can usually make between 1-3g a play session but I have a shiny addiction so I have Exotic armour, weapons and some jewelry.
I have also started buying the Whispers Armour, I couldn’t resist it.
I spend a lot on dyes, not unidentified ones, specific ones I like the look of.
I have Jeweler and Tailor at 400.
Now enters my Thief- at lvl16 she had one gold.
She is a Leatherworker and Huntman at 100 -125.
Where ever she goes loot seems to rain down on her from the sky.
Last night in about 10 min she kitted herself in greens for her lvl just from drops.

I’m going to get her to support all my characters.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Strifetoe.4502

Strifetoe.4502

Around 10 gold

Posted by: para.9351

para.9351

About 200g. Maybe 250+ if I sold a few weapons.

[QTS] Cuties for Life is the cutest guild in the world. Ask for an invite. Cuties only!

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I had..ehm about 96 silver,a friend recently gave me 2 gold…so yeah,i feel really rich now.lvl 80

Posted by: myng.3516

myng.3516

26g at level 14.

Lier. That’s impossible…

Try TP’ing. It’s fun.

Overpaid, Underplayed

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

Just finished crafting Twilight last night so down to 6 gold. Typically earning 2-4 gold per hour while farming.

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

95g atm, all from farming in Orr (selling trash loot and rare drops on the TP).

How are you guys making your dough? Im constantly poor. After buying a full set of new rares last night (for spec #2) im down to just over 1g @ 80. Any tips? Feel free to PM if you dont want your secret out but i could definitely use some advice.

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

This thread is really useful. To hackers I mean. Now they know exactly who to target

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Hackers ITT

/15

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

myng.3516

How are you guys making your dough? Im constantly poor. After buying a full set of new rares last night (for spec #2) im down to just over 1g @ 80. Any tips? Feel free to PM if you dont want your secret out but i could definitely use some advice.

Storyline quest, events, selling any junk you get from drops, Trading Post, that’s all there is to it.

@Grumpdogg I like the term, penetration tester.

Overpaid, Underplayed

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

I have about 10 gold because I play this game to be entertained.

I don’t see how people with 100 gold could have possibly enjoyed obtaining it.

That to me delves from entertainment into compulsive obsessive.

myng.3516

Making money is entertaining but, whatever floats your boat.

Overpaid, Underplayed

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Like 3 at level 74. Luck based income is awesome.

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

I got my money farming the karma I wanted for the full temple set of Melandru. The cash was basically a side effect of getting that karma.

Posted by: XaviOrin.4681

XaviOrin.4681

Believe it or not while opening a personalized trick or treat bag i got a rare sword chainsaw armor skin… seeing as I am only level 45 I instantly went to sell it, and lo-and-behold someone purchased it from the market from me for 35 gold. Now here is the downside… I only had 50 silver prior to my name and the listing fee was over 2 gold… someone loaned me 2 gold to sell my item, i made my money, and when i went to send them the gold back I got an error stating to stop gold selling I was limited until i leveled higher to send more than 3 gold to any account. Not 3 gold to each account, 3 gold total to anyone…. So now i feel like an kitten because i cant even repay the guy who helped me out until i hit 80…

Posted by: Matthew Kline.8420

Matthew Kline.8420

Around 39g on main and alt combined. Full exotic armour + at least 3-5g worth of mats in bank.

I karma farm a lot at CursedS, and salvage white items only with basic SK. Sell the blue green to merchant. And TP the rares.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

39g in the bank, 20g in ectos in the bank (saving for legendary), just spent ~20g on Gift of Metal (10g for the recipe, 10g for the remaining ori I needed). I’ve probably gambled away around 25g and spent another 20g on random stuff, so I’d say I’ve probably earned around 120g or so (mostly farming in Orr, with 20g of that made flipping dyes, which I no longer bother with).

Best way to make gold is to farm events (like Plinx) in Orr with a full group. That last bit is important. You definitely get much more loot from groups of enemies while in a group. Max magic find is also rather important to have if you want decent rare drops.

2-4g an hour is about what you’ll make doing it. Rinse and repeat for tons of hours and you’ll eventually find yourself with a stockpile of gold. It also helps to deposit the bulk of your gold in the bank rather than carrying it with you, so you won’t be tempted to buy junk off the Trading Post.

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

A year ago it seems average gold was less than 100. Bringing it back, what about now?