in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I have 12 gold!

How much gold do you have?

Posted by: Myralien.6754

Myralien.6754

1600 liquid, and a few hundred invested on the tp and a bit more in skins awaiting the tp =P

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

200-something, due to me spending stupid amounts of money on gems to convert to gold. I generally operate at an extreme loss when playing.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Right now roughly 50 gold all three accounts combined. But that is only because I have not yet decided what guild upgrade I should focus on next. Then it will be about 5 gold.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Right now? 4g 15s.

In general? It varies between less than 1g (on at least 2 occasions since launch I’ve actually gotten back down to literally no money on my account) and however much I need for the next thing I want to buy.

Which at the moment is about 9-10g because I’m buying Synergetic Assault Knight Power Cores for the Spinal Blades.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

About 2k liquid gold, + another 1kish in skins/tp investments.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Liquid Gold: 50k (in wallet)
But it shows as 113k on GW2efficiency (don’t know how they calculate it, ranked in top 10)

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I have been at about 350g then went down to about 150g and now back up to just over 300g. Funny thing is most of the going down is not me buying things off the TP it’s me giving gold to family and friends that play that need it since I do play more than they do because I am not allowed to work anymore (doctor’s orders).

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

About 1100 gold. I try to keep 500 gold minimum and I buy gems when I get above 1000 gold and drop back down to 500.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

About 1100 gold. I try to keep 500 gold minimum and I buy gems when I get above 1000 gold and drop back down to 500.

That’s roughly what I do as well. I occasionally think about saving up for a legendary, but that would wipe out the vast majority of my resources for a while, and it’s not very alt-friendly, so I end up buying another character slot or outfit instead, and that knocks me down below 1000g.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t have enough to be worth a hacker’s time

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I don’t remember exactly but I think I have something like… three gold.

I had maybe around 200 earlier but I spent it/am stuck with stuff because greedy. Have to grind some stuff, for gold to sell some stuff, for gold to sell more stuff. Fees… :/

let the sky fall

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Atm, 73. I hold myself a magic “untouchable” border of 50 gold. I have no clue how I came to this border, superstition probably. During the weeks it fluctuates between 70 and 100 gold mostly.

Usually once I get close to 100, I begin to work on my countless projects. Guildhall is a giant money eater and I’m still crafting my first ascended armor (playing for 3 years+ xD). Don’t really care much about gold either ^^. Life is too short to waste it with farming.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Had 280g earlier, then bought a makeover kit, so about 212g now.

Skritt, I remember buying a makeover kit for about 7g back when it was new :/

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Danikat.8537

That’s roughly what I do as well. I occasionally think about saving up for a legendary, but that would wipe out the vast majority of my resources for a while, and it’s not very alt-friendly, so I end up buying another character slot or outfit instead, and that knocks me down below 1000g.

Question for both of you, just out of curiosity: What’s the reasoning behind keeping a fixed amount in reserve?

It’s pretty rare that I find myself wanting to buy something expensive on short notice, and I don’t see the point of having gold I don’t spend, because there’s nothing else to do with it. But a lot of people seem to take this approach of keeping a fixed amount as a minimum, so I wonder if there’s something I’m missing.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Question for both of you, just out of curiosity: What’s the reasoning behind keeping a fixed amount in reserve?

It’s pretty rare that I find myself wanting to buy something expensive on short notice, and I don’t see the point of having gold I don’t spend, because there’s nothing else to do with it. But a lot of people seem to take this approach of keeping a fixed amount as a minimum, so I wonder if there’s something I’m missing.

I’m willing to drop to zero if need be. Every once in a while they’ll put something in game that I want but it’s expensive. The reserve then is used for those sort of purchases. For example, I dropped to zero when I bought my permanent bank access, back when it was 700 gold. If I had to save up 700 gold, that would have taken some time.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s a comfort zone thing. I have a minimum — it fluctuates, actually, if there’s a time when I have more gold on hand then I raise my reserve amount. But when I was doing a resource intensive part of HOPE I dipped waaaaaaay below it, down to the point I couldn’t buy some TP things I might want or eke out extra gems for a new offering.

I think what it does is say “you need this much for sudden expenses, if any, so anything beyond that is mad money you don’t have to feel guilty about spending.” Then when there is a real need for something you use the reserve, and don’t feel guilty because that’s exactly why you were saving it.

I am amazed at Flesh’s 500 gold level for that. But then some people do manage to save up a lot of gold … they’re the ones that can get perma hair kits, I guess.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s a comfort zone thing. I have a minimum — it fluctuates, actually, if there’s a time when I have more gold on hand then I raise my reserve amount. But when I was doing a resource intensive part of HOPE I dipped waaaaaaay below it, down to the point I couldn’t buy some TP things I might want or eke out extra gems for a new offering.

I think what it does is say “you need this much for sudden expenses, if any, so anything beyond that is mad money you don’t have to feel guilty about spending.” Then when there is a real need for something you use the reserve, and don’t feel guilty because that’s exactly why you were saving it.

I am amazed at Flesh’s 500 gold level for that. But then some people do manage to save up a lot of gold … they’re the ones that can get perma hair kits, I guess.

Yah. Well said. It’s my money for the big purchase that come out so I don’t have to save up to buy them. It’s “pre-saving.” I’ve used it to buy the bank access, Nightfury and the Queen Bee then gone back up again.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I keep a 50g minimum in case the following things come up:
1. Ascended weapons cost about 50g since I never have all the materials. I never know when I want another one.
2. Full exotic armor/weapon/trinket/rune/sigil cost bare minimum 100g off of the TP. That’s pretty steep for new players so I try to keep enough to help them along.
3. Guild upgrades. I’m in a small guild and mostly WvW. I donate through converting gems to gold but sometimes our scribe wants to push an upgrade out. I like having the cash around to help push.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, something new may come out that requires you to spend, or you may suddenly catch a desire to get something. Maybe you saw a sick build on metabattle and want to try it out right away. It can be spontaneous and having to wait would suck. And liquidating your bank on short notice means you may not get the best prices.

As an extreme example, I used to keep 50g so I’d be able to pay for the TP fee if I ever found a precursor… obviously never happened. :p

It’s also why I keep some gems on hold too. You never know when the great thing may come and having to exchange for gems when it spikes is awful.

Anyhow, I currently have ~900g on me.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Danikat.8537

I guess that’s the difference then. It’s extremely rare that a new thing comes out and I can’t wait to get it.

The only example I can think of was the mini Gwynefyrdd (which was only available during Halloween), and then I had other options like converting karma and selling crafting materials to get the gold I needed.

But mostly I’m happy to save up after I decide I want it. I have a constant mental list of things I want to buy, so I save up until I can afford the thing at the top of the list, buy it and start over. When I decide I want something else (either because it’s new or because I’ve now got a reason to get it) it gets added to the list at an appropriate point and I get it as and when I get around to it.

Might not be a perfect system but it works for me.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I guess that’s the difference then. It’s extremely rare that a new thing comes out and I can’t wait to get it.

The only example I can think of was the mini Gwynefyrdd (which was only available during Halloween), and then I had other options like converting karma and selling crafting materials to get the gold I needed.

But mostly I’m happy to save up after I decide I want it. I have a constant mental list of things I want to buy, so I save up until I can afford the thing at the top of the list, buy it and start over. When I decide I want something else (either because it’s new or because I’ve now got a reason to get it) it gets added to the list at an appropriate point and I get it as and when I get around to it.

Might not be a perfect system but it works for me.

It’s just a difference in how you prefer to save up money. I prefer to save ahead of time and get it when I want it, you prefer to save later.

It’s not like I need the gold for anything. I have gems still unspent and nothing I want. I figure I might as well have a nest egg ready for the next new shiny. You might be buying more smaller purchases than me if you’re saving, buying then saving again.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I have around 230g. I think the most I’ve ever had at any one time is around 300g but I usually convert gold to gems for things like character slots, transmutation charges or occasionally new dyes which can often fetch a pretty penny on the TP.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Love how the 1000+ gold people all talk about money invested in the TP as well. Tisc Tisc, TP flippers.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Love how the 1000+ gold people all talk about money invested in the TP as well. Tisc Tisc, TP flippers.

Really? Who said that?

And it certainly wasn’t all, since I didn’t. (I’m a dedicated farmer. I don’t flip for profit).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Really? Who said that?

And it certainly wasn’t all, since I didn’t. (I’m a dedicated farmer. I don’t flip for profit).

A majority. I know you didn’t. Excuse my poor word choice.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Most I’ve had is 8k but currently sitting on 12g

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sitting at 289g and change right now, at least as far as pure gold goes.

Which is actually pretty high for me. I think the most I’ve ever had at one time was 330g or so, so I’m getting close to that point again.

Usually I have much less, but through a combination of lack of new gem store weapon skins I’m interested in (last ones I bought any of were Soaring, and those were cheap since a lot of other people didn’t like them) and the fact that I just sold off a full stack of ectos (I sell a stack whenever my collection gets full) I’ve got a nice little nest egg at the moment.

I don’t expect it to last much longer though. Once my Revenant hits 80 I may consider getting the T3 cultural armor for her, as well as needing to get her all geared up. And a really cool weapon set in the gem store could drain a ton of that away instantly.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Part of it is just in my nature. I’m the kind of player who ends an RPG with a pile of gold and two dozen elixirs, and then I don’t use them on the final boss. Whoops.

Truth is, there’s not a lot of super-expensive things I want that badly. When I farm, it’s more for fun than for gold. I really want to build Kraitkin, but it’s hard to commit to that over just making small upgrades to my account, like buying more character slots, outfits, etc.

There’s also the chance that something will come out that I do really want, like a Black Lion weapon, or Winter’s Presence. (Of course, I was too cheap to shell out for Winter’s Presence, so maybe I’m just a dragon who likes to sit on piles of gold.)

WAIT NO NOT A DRAGON PUT DOWN THOSE PACT CANNO—

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Around 2ooo gold and 1m random stuff from bad TP investments