How much gold do you make?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I only make 5-10g a day excluding any TP profits. This comes from gathering and WvW, I don’t even do CoF p1.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I made 40g over a few days (like a week or something) I guess that’s pretty slow but I’m quite satisfied with it tbh

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

In my prime, +15 gold an hour

Ever since megaserver patch, 0 gold per hour.

Still sitting on thousands of gold though.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I realized this weekend I had enough gold, karma and SP for another batch of legendaries. Just missing map completion.
this guy on reddit went from 0 to 100% completion in 58.8 hour.
My next alt is at at about 30% completion after random playing with her, so I figure about 41.2 hours to go (though I am not going to do it all at once).
This will get me 2 legendaries, which I expect to make about 850g profit on each. 1700g/41.2hour = 41.3g/hour
It’ll probably take me longer than that redditor (I gather things and do events I happen across), but I’ll also get additional loot, so 41.3g/hour a valid expectation.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I often spend more than I can earn. So, it’s minus 2 g a day, to be frank.

Leading the pack in fashion is quite costly

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

How much I make a day is dependent on what I am doing. I make no less than what I spend. Some days I make 100’s – 1000’s. Some days I don’t feel like doing much and make what I need to sustain that days WP costs.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Thala.2801

Thala.2801

You know, now that I’m sitting here thinking about it, I realize that I don’t actually do a whole lot of active farming. It’s really just a side effect of what I do to enjoy myself in the game. At a minimum, I never miss my dailies, and that always result in some monetary increase. But some days I’ll make less than 1g, some days I can burst 20-30g. It all depends on what I feel like doing, since most everything in the game is rewarding. If I feel like WvWing, I’ll come out with a nice amount of champ bags. Same if I feel like joining an organized BB. Some days I feel like doing world bosses, which leaves me with a nice amount of guaranteed rares. Sometimes a guildy will say “Anyone wanna do some dungeons?” and I’ll end up with a bunch of dungeon loot. I’ve recently taking a liking to perfecting BL key runs, which doesn’t always result in large numbers but will at least get me something. And sometimes I even just like wandering around a map and grabbing as many resource nodes as I can (disclaimer: only possible thanks to infinite use tools), and even that will net me 1-2g in profits. I’m actively crafting ascended gear, doing at least some 1/day mats, so the actual numbers at the bottom of the screen always fluctuate, but it’s kinda cool to think that just about everything I do in the game is not only rewarding, but also universally valuable.

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

Playing 4 hrs a day for a week I make 12 gold by selling mats after salvaging everything I get during WvW and dailies. so, 12 gold / 7 days = about 1.7 gold a day.

In the end, I can buy any exotic armor I like off the trading post when a character hits 80.

I don’t see any reason to farm for gold in this game. Farming isn’t fun and gold is worthless when gems to gold is crazy high and continues to increase.

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I make $200 a day. That is $6000 a month. Get a life from farming and just buy the gems, support the game. $100 give 8000 gems convert to gold and enjoy yr kitten money. Dont be lazy kitten

Yes everyone who doesn’t make 6000 $ a month is lazy kittens o.o Low income = Lazy Logic!
A lot of people earning 2/10 of what you do is probably working a lot harder for their money than you do (have no idea how hard you work, but not important).
Not everyone have money to spare to buy gems, even though they go to work everyday. Maybe that is why they bought a b2p mmo.

If people want to farm, let them farm

If they can’t afford a sub fee they are probably a student. 14.4k per year is under minimum wage for a full time job ($15k). A person making that much cannot be working full time, and thus isn’t working harder than the guy you quoted (by hours).

I don’t understand the need for excessive hyperbole.

Ranger | Elementalist

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I make $200 a day. That is $6000 a month. Get a life from farming and just buy the gems, support the game. $100 give 8000 gems convert to gold and enjoy yr kitten money. Dont be lazy kitten

ummm, so you DO realize that all it takes to maintain GW2 at its CURRENT status in the MMO competition is between 4 and 5 bucks per player per year, right? How do I know – because that’s what they’re making right about now.

Do what you want, but realize that trying to shame folks into spending more money than required on a guilt trip is kinda crappy… and it’s in bad taste no matter WHAT the economy’s like to try shame folks about IRL salaries.

Especially since yours is nothing to write home about.

Posted by: exp.3178

exp.3178

so you admit you’re a gold seller.
i don’t think i need to report you, you did it yourself.
greetz exp

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

About 50-70 gold in 3 hours doing a dungeon speedrun tour.

Thats max 23,3 G/h … now would you tell us please a little closer what dungeons you run and how exactly you make that money ?

Or is it that you just found a precurser and put that on top of that for the current month ?

23g/h times 3 hours is …69g. not exactly far off from his estimates.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Why not just flush that $100 down the toilet for all the good it’ll buy you. Personally, I’d rather save that money and do something with it that I’m bound to remember 20 years down the road.

PS: I call BS on your supposed daily income.

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

I make a little under 10g an hour playing wvw… That’s actually the only thing I do in this game.

EDIT: Special thanks to SOS and DB, for supplying me with bags for the last couple months.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Play the game is to have fun. Grinding isn’t fun. Then kittening bout having less gold isn’t fun. Get kitten kicking in Wvw isn’t fun. Why not be a real man go out find a job and spend some money on this hobby? why not since gw2 is the best mmo to date.

I hate posts like this. Very judgemental.

I would bet the majority of players either;
have jobs
are students.
are disabled/suffer from an illness.

Most people aren’t just sitting at home because they choose to be. And not everyone earns enough to spare onto a game.
__
I generally don’t make alot. I can spend quite a bit of time potaling people to JP’s. Or just walking around maps. And chatting.

I make anywhere between 0g(well, I do make some copper from the jp’s XD..) &10g a day. depending on what I do.
Lately doing key farming and crafting so I’m making nothing, just spending >.<

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I can make 30 gold a day if I do dungeons all day long!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t make very much. Over the course of a week I’ll earn maybe 4 – 10g, maybe a bit more if I decide to run some dungeons that week. But I don’t spend a lot either, and I do a LOT of harvesting that I just hoard, so if I liquidated all my assets (which is never going to happen, because I’m a hoarder) I guess I’m probably sitting on a very nice chunk of change.

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Generally, I’ll run Cof P1/2 and HOTW P1 daily. That’ll get me 5-7g in under an hour (including selling Ectos from salvaging rare dungeon armor)

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele