How much gold for Ascended weapon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

How much gold do you spend to level profession from 1 – 500 with ascended weapon included? I just can’t decide if it is worth to level a profession (so boring) and make myself a first ascended weapon just to increase stats on Exotic weapon by maybe 5%?
Oh, i keep some materials on my bank

Edit: is ascended weapon account bind or soulbound?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Following those links and using Zojja’s Claymore as example:
Weaponsmith lvl 1 to 400 : 22.5g
Weaponsmith lvl 400 to 500 : 76g
Craft the asc weapon : 60g

Total : 158.5g

Ascended gear are all account bound, not soulbound.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

You can also get it as a random drop. On Shatterer I once got a Charzooka, which is an ascended rifle with a huge skin.

Belzebu.3912

You can also get it as a random drop. On Shatterer I once got a Charzooka, which is an ascended rifle with a huge skin.

Charzooka is exotic, not ascended.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Worth if you intend to high level fractals if not dont bother ;x
You can also get as random drop, albeit rare.
The funny thing for me was getting 2 asc assassins weapon boxes while doing sPVP dailies after a long stride of kitten fractal rings =x

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

the charzooka is an exotic rifle. although, you are correct that in certain instances you can be rewarded with an ascended weapon chest:

Fractals of the Mists daily reward chest
Guild missions
WvW Rank chests
PvP reward chests
Exotic champion loot bags
Defeating Tequatl the Sunless

In my opinion, the only reason to craft ascended weapons/armor is for fractals (due to agony infusion slots). As you’ve mentioned, the added damage and stats is nearly negligible.

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

Personally, I was in a similar position to you. I really don’t like crafting in most games. I put through it purely because sometimes its financially worth it however for GW it is kind of necessary for a lot of the high end stuff. If ascended is what you’re looking for however Despite the fact i have weaponsmith, tailor and armorsmith all at 500 I still have only crafted one singular piece of ascended armor. My elementalist is two or three pieces off full asceneded and my guardian has a few pieces as well as a few duplicates or useless pieces in my bank.

Most of mine has been from drops around the place. I don’t play extensively but do WvW so i get regular chances at Ascended gear. This method has been more fruitful thanks for the ability to swap stats to anything you want!

All that said and done, there is no better way than a guaranteed weapon of your choice it will just take time and or money to level up the crafting skills and create/buy the mats to craft it!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Hmm, I will need to check the stats then. I remember them being the same as my ascended rifle. If it is exotic I will just move it to the bank tab where I keep exotic weapons for any of my characters to take from as needed.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Hmm, I will need to check the stats then. I remember them being the same as my ascended rifle. If it is exotic I will just move it to the bank tab where I keep exotic weapons for any of my characters to take from as needed.

As stated previously Charrzooka is an Exotic
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charrzooka_%28weapon%29
Maybe you put the Charrzooka skin on an Ascended Rifle and just forgot. Otherwise once you equipped the Exotic on your character it became Soulbound so putting it on a bank tab to be used by other characters won’t work unfortunately.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve got many ascended weapon boxes (and armor boxes) from the PvP reward tracks. They may be worth doing (just do the four PvP dailies) while getting your ascended. I can run the numbers through my spreadsheet later tonight if you want the exact cost for each weapon.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Following those links and using Zojja’s Claymore as example:
Weaponsmith lvl 1 to 400 : 22.5g
Weaponsmith lvl 400 to 500 : 76g
Craft the asc weapon : 60g

Total : 158.5g

Ascended gear are all account bound, not soulbound.

400-500 shouldn’t cost that much.

400-425: Refine Oricalchum
425-440: Make Sigils of Strength (you’ll almost break even)
440-450: Discover 3 exotics (Giver’s are cheap)
450-475: Make our daily time gated materials, refine bloodstone, empyreal, dragonite.
475-500: Discover 10 exotics (again giver’s are cheap. Find the next cheapest after)

Belzebu.3912

Yeah I know that gw2crafts for lvl 400~500 is bugged, but still it isn’t cheap at all.

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

IMO it’s totally worth it, FOTM or not.

For weapons, it not only increase the stats by 5%, it also increase the weapon damage by 5%. Since the damage is calculate by weapon damage x power, increase 5% weapon damage is like increasing your existing total power by 5%. So if you have 2000 power, using ascended weapon is like adding 100 power. And it gets better with might, if after might your total power is 2500, your asc weapon basically gives you 125 more power compare with exotics. This is not even counting the 5% increase in stats.

Asc armors however, not really worth it.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

How much gold do you spend to level profession from 1 – 500 with ascended weapon included? I just can’t decide if it is worth to level a profession (so boring) and make myself a first ascended weapon just to increase stats on Exotic weapon by maybe 5%?
Oh, i keep some materials on my bank

Edit: is ascended weapon account bind or soulbound?

Getting 500 in crafting is absolutely worth it. Ascended weapons should be 1st priority for your character, then chest and leg pieces as they give you “most bang for the buck”.

Even if you don’t run and not going to run any fractals its still very much worth it. When you just play the game and over time amass large quantities of materials you can more easily refine / convert them to higher tier mats. You can obviously craft yourself some ascended pieces, and when not in use for personal stuff, crafting becomes a money maker.

As has been pointed out above, you should look up some guides, and use refinement and discoveries. I leveled all professions to max on multiple toons, some of my toons I exclusively leveled on SPVP + crafting all the way to 80. Also, when leveling your crafting make sure you have a crafting xp booster running + crafting critical guild bonus. Crafting crits give a ton more xp then regular so your skills will go up faster, much faster.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

the charzooka is an exotic rifle. although, you are correct that in certain instances you can be rewarded with an ascended weapon chest:

Fractals of the Mists daily reward chest
Guild missions
WvW Rank chests
PvP reward chests
Exotic champion loot bags
Defeating Tequatl the Sunless

In my opinion, the only reason to craft ascended weapons/armor is for fractals (due to agony infusion slots). As you’ve mentioned, the added damage and stats is nearly negligible.

Your opinion is right on armor.

Weapons are not negligible. They make a difference if you WvW or anything in PvE in general.

They have a bigger base weapon damage increase than armors having a base stat increase.

You will see a NOTICEBLE difference between ascended weapon and exotic weapons… armor not so much