in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’ll add my woes to this:

5,560 hrs
2.2k g into forge
0 pre drops or forges
2 pre bought from tp

Being an outlier stinks and since time does not seem to be moving things in the direction of the middle I have to assume something is wonky.

Serenity now~Insanity later

How much have you Invested?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I would think counting up your slayer deeds or weaponmaster deeds would tell you a hell of a lot more about how many times you’ve pulled the handle on the RNG slot-machine that how many hours you’ve logged…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

K in that case all slayers but giants done, 9 of the weapon masters done, 20k wvw kills,World bosses done daily cept teq and new wurm… I can go on and on.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

4600 hours played, 12000 achievements including all Slayer and about 3/4 of the weapons ones.
500 exotic greatswords thrown into the forge before I was broke and gave up (about 800 gold plus a lot of dungeon tokens).
Countless (500 last month alone Rare weapons put into the forge…I put every set of 4 rare weapons I find into it)
Been playing since launch…I have had all of my gifts for twighlight for a little over 6 months (since the last Bazaar of the 4 winds).

Never seen a precursor.

Friend joined the game 1 month ago. I mentioned how I use dungeon tokens to “throw greatswords away” in the mystic forge. He decided he wanted Kudzu (he plays ranger), started doing TA for the gift…threw 4 longbows into the forge bought with TA tokens after he bought his gift…got leaf of kudzu on first try.

I almost quit the game entirely….not a fan of RNG or the current precursor / legendary system. I think precursors / Legendaries should be earned and not RNG or bought off TP.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Friend joined the game 1 month ago. I mentioned how I use dungeon tokens to “throw greatswords away” in the mystic forge. He decided he wanted Kudzu (he plays ranger), started doing TA for the gift…threw 4 longbows into the forge bought with TA tokens after he bought his gift…got leaf of kudzu on first try.

I almost quit the game entirely….not a fan of RNG or the current precursor / legendary system. I think precursors / Legendaries should be earned and not RNG or bought off TP.

This best describes why GW2 is leagues behind most other modern MMOs in item development. While the rest of the world removes RNG in favor of time invested = reward, GW2 goes full tilt into ripping their loyal customers off.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

This best describes why GW2 is leagues behind most other modern MMOs in item development. While the rest of the world removes RNG in favor of time invested = reward, GW2 goes full tilt into ripping their loyal customers off.

Reading this makes me depressed and reminds me of the 200g I dropped in it before just buying the precursor ( I got mine for 300g right off the TP about a year ago). When I describe how it works to my friends it turns them off from the game as well

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

This isn’t to defend Anet or how much RNG they use, but you guys know the forge is a lotto, right?
“Investment” is a very poor term for what you’re doing. Do you consider spending money on lottery tickets with the hopes of winning the jackpot “investing” also?
While I agree that the current methods of obtaining a precursor are absolutely horrible, I would hardly call throwing that much money away to be an investment.
Call it what it is : gambling.

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

too much and for nothing. one of the things that made me quit.

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

I spent 600g in the forge and never got anything. I then saved up 850g and bought dusk. The forge is a waste of time and money, regardless of how many threads are created that pick out the few players who actually receive a precursor from it.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I stopped at 400g when I got nothing but crap back. I honestly cannot stomach spending anymore than that to feed the bloated RNG beast.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…