How much have you spent on Gems?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I thought I had spent a lot but reading this I’m a drop in the bucket. If I had more money i’d be spending more. I have to restrain myself like I do with steam. When I see something on steam I add it to my wish list and then a week or so later I go back and see if I still want it. Many times I decide I don’t so I saved money. I began doing a similar thing with GW2.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

£17.00 a month since launch. I log on every evening after work for a few hours so I get a lot of enjoyment from this game. I think of it as the cheapest hobby I will ever find.

Lol, on the other hand, having a custom built gaming rig made, a huge HD LED TV and increased internet costs due to breaching the ’fair usage’ data limits, is not cheap! These were my choices though.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Riptide.9208

Riptide.9208

I tend to buy 400 – 800 gems each payday and have been playing for over 2 years, so you do the maths. I wish I hadn’t bought keys with them but I’m otherwise happy with the harvesting tools, salvage tools, etc… and I have maximum bank slots and bag slots on 6 characters; a few extra slots on the other 2. Other than a few makeover kits, name changes, and one Orrian Truffle node I’ve not really gotten anything “good” from them. Buy things you like but don’t buy BL keys I guess is the message for you young kids out there.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’ll buy them when there is something worth buying. So far I have not seen anything. Untill now 0 euros.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Believe it or not over thousands of dollars on Gems. Yes. 100% correct. Very sad in the eyes of some but I have a job that pays me money and I rarely use it on anything else so may as well on a game I love.

Yeah that’s why I’ve spent so much. I don’t smoke, or drink. So the money I would spend on that go’s on nice things for my family and me.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I consider the gem shop our only true interaction with the devs.
The forums? No way.
Spending says good job. Not spending says the opposite.
I believe I have spent about $80 since game start.
2 daily fractals keeps my money in my pocket for now.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

A whole friggin lot. Enough for sets of tools for 8 characters, a bunch of bag slots for them, quite a few visual trinkets, some RNG keys, many, many more. Plus a similar treatment for my gf. And then they introduced the megaserver and tuned the difficulty down to the ‘dumb monkey with no hands’ level. Eh, do I regret this.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Believe it or not over thousands of dollars on Gems. Yes. 100% correct. Very sad in the eyes of some but I have a job that pays me money and I rarely use it on anything else so may as well on a game I love.

Yeah that’s why I’ve spent so much. I don’t smoke, or drink. So the money I would spend on that go’s on nice things for my family and me.

Kinda Agree there, smokers spend alot more on that, and drinkers aswell ^
(Trying to justify it a bit)

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I consider the gem shop our only true interaction with the devs.
The forums? No way.
Spending says good job. Not spending says the opposite.
I believe I have spent about $80 since game start.
2 daily fractals keeps my money in my pocket for now.

It only tells them that the gemshop is working. So they continue to push the gemshop instead of adding content. This may keep the game alive, but it doesn’t improve it.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well, in the 80-90 days I’ve been playing (started at this end of March?) I’ve purchased:

• Mad Scientist’s Harvesting Tool
  • Mad Scientist’s Logging Tool
  • Mad Scientist’s Mining Tool
  • Mini Pact Airship
  • Reading Glasses (I like girls with glasses ok).

Next paycheck I’ll be getting the Copper Fed thingy, and future purchases will be a bank slot, and Season 2 Eprisodes.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Let’s see:

Watchwork mining pick
Copper-Fed Salvage Kit
4 character slots
2 bank tabs
1 collectables expansion
3 finishers (cow, skritt, spectre)
and all together 10 BL keys

About the same amount on my missis’ account.

I’m too lazy to calculate the total amount of pounds spent

#I no words have"

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The last time I bought gem was February 2014 and spent probably close to 200 USD since launch.

It’s half way through 2015 and I have not spent a dime on GW2…I wonder why?

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Ampa.2749

Ampa.2749

Yikes.. there are people in the world that think software should be free (I’m a software developer for a large aerospace company.. it’s not free.)

People who work at ArenaNet have to eat, pay rent, save for retirement, put their kids through college, etc. We need to support them if we want them to continue to release software that’s “free.”

I run to Best Buy every few months and pick up $100 of Gem Cards. I buy materials when I need them. And I pop repair canisters like candy.

We don’t have to “pay to play” but we should toss something into the pot every once in a while if we expect the game to be here. (Did I mention the electricity bill at the server farms?)

Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief, Necro

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Way to much

3 infinite harvesting picks, 3 infinite logging axes, 1 infinite harvesting sickle…
50-100 trans stones..
Broom stick…
50 keys throughout three years…
4-5 of the outfits…
4-5 of the armor skins…
All but two of the weapon skins…(Fan and marjorys axe)
2-4 dye packs…
7 character slots..
max bank slots…might be short one..
my three mains are all getting inventory slots very slowly…

So yea..lots of gems! Course, i put aside 20$ a month towards games or whatever else i want to spend money on

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

More than I am happy with, about half of the stuff I bought was a disappointment.

For example, I bought a [Noble Court Outfit] for a female Sylvari, it didn’t take long to realize I hate Sylvari. I can use that outfit on my Asura or Charr, but the outfit doesn’t work on female of those races.

It would be nice if I could exchange it for something like the [Imperial Outfit] which does work on female Asura.

Now, I just think the gem store is too risky.

(edited by Fiddlestyx.9714)