How much time for grinding in GW2 now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Q:

With so many new big releases of games now, do you guys have time to grind in GW2 and GW2: HoT?

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Some even find time to post on the forums too.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I do not ever have time to grind. I play for fun. When not fun I take break. No thing in this game is worth time grind when not have fun. No grind ever for me.

;)

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Well it takes a minute to post 1 post at most, so …

I do not ever have time to grind. I play for fun. When not fun I take break. No thing in this game is worth time grind when not have fun. No grind ever for me.

I want that Viper set though.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I want that Viper set though.

Then have to decide if you want to spend time on grind instead time have fun in game do what you enjoy. You want this Viper set but when you get will you feel same after? Like I say no thing in this game is worth grind for me. Just pixels I can live with out having if I do not get them. I play game for fun with more value on that than some item no one care if I have but me.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

I don’t grind because I don’t feel I need everything as fast as possible. I’m having a good time doing various activities and exploring. For me progress in form of masteries, HP’s, XP ect.. is simply a by-product while I’m having fun on the new maps and not a requirement for having fun in the first place.

Depends on the quality of the post.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

600 Aurilium’s not exactly a whole lot. Unless you’re talking about the “grind” required of Ascended gear, then I’d just suggest getting the Exotic equivalent until you’ve saved up the mats or, bought them from the TP.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I guess I don’t do anything I consider grinding, even though someone else might consider my play style extremely grindy because I’m not doing what they enjoy, but what I enjoy. I’ll farm, do events, do daily, some crafting, map completion, etc. When I get tired of whatever I’m doing I stop doing it and start something else. So, my answer is both no, and yes I’ve got time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Questions about grinding? Please see the following video to teach you how to properly grind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s21sg0goqM

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

I don’t feel compelled to play a game at release.

Usually it is cheaper and more polished after a some time.

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

The grind time is about the pre HOT level. Unless you’rr one of those who leveled using tokens or in wvw, if so you have no idea how the game should be.
If it is too grindy and such a killjoy why not just move on? Instead of complaining and crying in the forums?
It seems as if gw2 has created a new profession and industry. Professional forum cryer, the forums are littered with this and that complaint. It seems as if some folks will catch on and see the negative effects it’s having on game play.

(edited by Widebody.5071)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

With so many new big releases of games now, do you guys have time to grind in GW2 and GW2: HoT?

Well, I have a full-time job, and the house has a newborn in it so . . . no, not really. Luckily enough, there’s no need for me to do much in the way of grinding. Only what I feel like knocking out when I log in for an hour and a half on average per day. (Because some days I don’t log in at all, and some days I go try Vinewrath again.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m currently splitting my time between this game and LOTRO’s latest update since they had one about the same time as HoT.