How much time have you played? Hardcore or Casual?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

218 hours, 19 minutes on my main during the past 25 days.
291 hours, 37 minutes total during the past 25 days.
Characters:

• Level 80 Thief (all maps explored, just finishing up jumping puzzles for the 100% badge on the login screen)
  • Level 41 Necromancer
  • Level 28 Engineer
    Not rushing or anything.

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

sheet, 435…

80 thief with a gold star
80 warrior
46 elementalist
46 engineer
30 ranger
28 mesmer
2 necromancer
2 guardian
master crafter
1765 achievement points

kitten!

Attachments:

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

sheet, 435…

80 warrior
46 elementalist
46 engineer
30 ranger
28 mesmer
2 necromancer
2 guardian
master crafter
1765 achievement points

kitten!

Time to get some sleep and food now with that investment in less than a month wow that over 16hrs aday lol

(edited by Bhuta.1480)

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

sheet, 435…

80 warrior
46 elementalist
46 engineer
30 ranger
28 mesmer
2 necromancer
2 guardian
master crafter
1765 achievement points

kitten!

Time to get some sleep and food now with that investment in less than a month wow that over 16hrs aday lol

I do afk quite a bit with a character logged in but yeah, issues :P

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I play more than most people. I blame the unemployment and lots of free time. I don’t have the actual number of hours (not sure I really want to know), but it’s a whole lot.

I still consider myself a casual player, though.

I have four characters at level 35. And four more characters that are lower, with my lowest at 16 or so. I’ve done map completion for Queensdale, Metrica Province, and Wayfarer Hills on more than one character. I’ve completed Kessex Hills on one character (though a few more have at least done a heart or two). Brief forays into Brisban Wildlands and Diessa Plateau. And I’ve taken a very quick tour through Gendarran Fields on one character.

So the number of things I’ve seen in game has been really really limited, but I’m enjoying my slow pace.

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

According to /age I’ve played 108 over the past 12 days. That’s 9 hours a day. Definitely not casual.

Level 65 Mesmer

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

If you find 24 hours isn’t enough time for both gaming and a good night’s sleep, despite doing little else, you might be hardcore. Or just new to MMOs.

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

169 hours on a few chars. I’d say I’m semi-casual as I’ll pour loads of time in but I’m not horrendously fussed about uber-tier gear.

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Lol I need to check mine it’ll be hardcore for now but that’s quickly dying off now that ye initial shock and awe of the game wore off (still love the game an is by far my favorite game so shush fanboys!!)…. Oh doing the “Grizwald Death March” for the first two weeks is bound to push me over 250….

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I’m @ 80 with a single character. I’ve invested just under 140 hours.

Posted by: Rookdahta.9058

Rookdahta.9058

34 hours so far which isn’t much compared to the numbers in this thread still I feel it’s a bit too much. :-) I need to do other things too…

Posted by: Gristlea.9563

Gristlea.9563

ROFL, you guys are all newbies, we used to play EQ1 for 10-14 hours per day. You had to just to get something done. Games aren’t built that way anymore thank god.

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

122 hours over 22 days.

122/22= 5.54 hours a day

1 level 47 thief
1 level 6 necro
couple over other alts that haven’t gotten much face-time yet.

I’d consider myself casual hardcore. I don’t play every single day (I’ve been doing a lot of prep stuff like music customization) but when I do, it’s for several hours at a time (between 2-10). I also log on quite a bit just to A: Explore or B: Find fun things to do. Like pulling off crazy jumps with accuracy and skill!

Once I ding 80, i’ll probably jump onto my next alt.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

About 65 hours.

Unfortunately I don’t get a lot of time to play. I started on the 1st day of headstart, then I was away for a week, I’m out of the house 12 hours a day working/commuting and I don’t seem to have had a free weekend since the game came out. I haven’t even used my golem bankers yet because I don’t want to “waste” them and I haven’t had 5 days in a row when I could play.

In the short term my play-style is very much casual, I’ll take my time, figure things out by trial and error and not worry too much about whether there’s a better/faster way of doing it as long as I’m having fun. But long-term I’d say it’s more hardcore because I’m very much a completionist so I want to do all the things most hardcore players aim for (basically literal 100% completion of everything), and then I throw in extra goals as well. For example I recently decided I won’t consider a city 100% explored unless I’ve also talked to all the named NPCs and actually read what they say.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Rajster.4907

Rajster.4907

53 hours in the past 12 days.

Level 27 Warrior
Level 3 Mesmer
Level 3 Engineer

I guess that would put me as a casual, although I’m pvp rank 9, so that’s where a good chunk of my time went.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

104 hours since launch day on my highest toon lvl 51; a few low level alts (135 hrs total).

I would consider myself casual, although in a honeymoon period with the game atm, so playing a bit more than I would normally play (1-2 hours in the evening normally).