How much will guild halls cost?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

As a member of a small, poor guild I’m wondering if someone from Anet might please give us some idea how much and what currency it will cost to purchase a basic guild hall, and what upgrades might cost. It would be very nice to be able to prepare ahead of time, instead of finding out the day HoT is released. It will probably take us quite a while to earn what we need to make the purchase.
Or it may be that guild halls and upgrades are earned by completing parts of the story or doing achievements, etc… This would be nice to know so we don’t waste time trying to earn all the extra influence & commendations, etc… which would not be necessary.
So could we please get some Anet feedback on what it takes to establish and upgrade a guild hall in Hot?

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

No offense to smaller guilds because I have been there building up from scratch before, but I really hope making large guild halls is a long time and challenging experience. It will most definitely be more difficult for smaller guilds either way, but I wouldn’t enjoy it as much if building a full guild hall took very little time and wan’t a communal effort from the entire guild. On that note, I sort of want to have it a secret more or less till the expansion does come out. I would just say if you think you need it for the guild hall in preparation in the mean time, then get it!!!

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Unlikely to get any answers from ANET because if the answer doesn’t suit the player then there is evety chance players will drift away even before HoT lands.

My personal take on it though is that Guild Halls are going to be something that small guilds like my own are going to struggle to even get started on.

Anet have a gone out of their way since launch to develop content that is predominatly aimed at zergs, the large guilds and mass openworld organising rather than some good organised instanced content that scales appropriately to the numbers ..in doing so try their hardest to exclude very small / small guilds, private/closed guilds and solo players from such content.. so I am not in any way shape or form confident this new toy will inclusive for all.. let’s be honest some guilds are too small to even earn commendations now so logic says this will be another carrot dangling out of reach again unless small guilds either shut up shop, go rep for another guild or simply do without one of the most wanted changes to the game.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

probably 20-30k carrots for the frst upgrade. I bought mine, while they are cheap.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

We won’t be given any details about such things. They might go into the functions of guild halls (since we know we are getting them), the things you can do with them, etc. But not so much about the costs.

Just like the specializations, revenant, and other non story features. We know that the professions are getting new weapons, and have been able to deduce which class gets what weapon, but not what that weapon will do. We know about specializations, but not the specifics of them.

You’ll just have to wait and see

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If they do it properly, you’ll start with a small guild hall, and upgrade size/rooms as you build up resources. That’s my hope, anyway .

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Going by the artwork, the first thing you’ll get is a lounge with a bar…^^

Kidding, but I suppose the “build what you need” mix-n-match option is the most reasonable. You can get the bare essentials with small-ish guilds, but if you want a home cinema and a jacuzzi (or, well, a theatre stage and hot spring…), you’ll need to be prepared to part with some extra gold.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If ANet follows their usual pattern, they will be releasing information via the main website a few posts at a time. This ensures that players don’t have to digest too much information at one time and also helps to maximize player-generated hype without extra effort by the company.

There will probably be an entire week devoted to changes affecting guilds, including ‘housing’ and large-group content. I don’t expect ANet to drop that many hints before then (if any).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Elden Arnaas.4870

Yes, they probably won’t/can’t say anything at this time. It would be nice if an Anet employee would just post something like. “Sorry, we can’t tell you anything about the cost of guild halls. We’ll release more info later.” That would be confirmation that they can’t tell us anything at least.

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

probably 20-30k carrots for the frst upgrade. I bought mine, while they are cheap.

I see your carrots and raise it for 40-50k onions for the t2 → t3 upgrade. Got mine when they were a bit under 1s each.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yes, they probably won’t/can’t say anything at this time. It would be nice if an Anet employee would just post something like. “Sorry, we can’t tell you anything about the cost of guild halls. We’ll release more info later.” That would be confirmation that they can’t tell us anything at least.

It would just be confirmation of what we already know. Anet has a VERY strict policy about not releasing any information until they feel the time is right. We don’t really need a dev to come on and say that. It’s standard operating procedure for Anet.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Carrots? Onions? Dangit! I’ve been stockpiling clams! :O

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve got the whiskey ready. Cause I know I’m gonna need it before the end…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You do realize they could use a currency that doesn’t even exist yet, right?

Every major release recently has introduced a new currency so why not a new Guild one?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Possibly.
And make it obtainable only through guild trek, so I finally have a reason to nag my guild about doing that one... oh, the joy... *.*

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I don’t think the devs know yet

Elden Arnaas.4870

I do realize that guild halls and associated expansions/upgrades may require currency that is not in game yet. Or that guild halls and upgrades might only be unlocked via in game achievements, etc…
That’s part of the reason I asked. If either of those is the case, then my small guild won’t need to waste our time and resources trying to stockpile influence, commendations, etc… Since those currencies would not help us obtain or upgrade our guild hall.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I read this and laughed and though ‘ooo, a clever poster’.

Then I saw it was you and laughed some more.

Sadly I don’t think accessing the Guild Hall builder system will be quite as clever.

Carrots!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Maybe your guild will have to do an amazing world event to receive something like GW1 had with the celestial sigil. I am very much looking forward to guild halls and all that will arrive with them.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.