How often are legendaries announced?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sanguinar.3517

Sanguinar.3517

I want to buy the chaos rifle skin which costs like 200g, but I also want to craft the legendary, and I thought it owuldnt be worth to get the chaos rifle skin a month before the legendaries (if they do) get announced. Even then we don’t know which set of three legendaries will be announced. Should I spend the 200g now and pray the rifle doesn’t come out next round? Does anyone know the rough time intervals between legendaries introduction in the past?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

In the past, no new legendaries were introduced. My guess is we’ll see new legendaries quarterly, but it’s just a guess.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

You will get new legendaries in next expansion late this year.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I assume you mean update, not expansion.

Posted by: Sanguinar.3517

Sanguinar.3517

In the past, no new legendaries were introduced. My guess is we’ll see new legendaries quarterly, but it’s just a guess.

There was nothing new regarding legendaries announced this winter update :l which is why I’m contemplating about buying the chaos rifle skin. Because even when they do announce the next round, it might not be the rifle legendary.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

You know Arenanet. Gemstore updates are wayyyy more important then the actual game itself. Asking for New legendary’s is the same as asking for a New x-mas jp. It could take a while xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

Colin has alluded that a new expansion is/will be in the works. I seriously doubt it comes before 2017 but it is in the realm of possibilities.

Edit: And to reply to the OP – I would buy the chaos rifle. It will be a lot of time between legendary announcement, actual ingame release and actual obtaining the item as it will likely come with tons of grind, time gates and gold sinks.

(edited by Dream Shake.8741)

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

Dont forget about bugs, stopping progress.

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Speaking of Legendaries – anything on Ad Infinitum release?

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

My guess you be that you are safe until 2017. It took Anet 3 years to design and make 3 legendary weapons. I don’t see the next 3 coming for at least a year. If you want a legendary just make it now.

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

They promised us new legendary weapons in 2013, yet we got nothing.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

Seems like they are very understaffed, and has been for quite some time.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I want to buy the chaos rifle skin which costs like 200g, but I also want to craft the legendary, and I thought it owuldnt be worth to get the chaos rifle skin a month before the legendaries (if they do) get announced. Even then we don’t know which set of three legendaries will be announced. Should I spend the 200g now and pray the rifle doesn’t come out next round? Does anyone know the rough time intervals between legendaries introduction in the past?

At their current pace, from release until now, we will get access to three new ones every three years.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They promised us new legendary weapons in 2013, yet we got nothing.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

Seems like they are very understaffed, and has been for quite some time.

The change in plans didn’t have anything to do with staffing levels. I believe it was during one of their twitch feeds that they had been working on a system back in 2013 but scrapped it because it wasn’t what they wanted. They then introduced collections and that’s what we now have for precursor crafting.

Timelord.8190

I don’t see how they are not understaffed. Most of the new legendary weapons arent even out. The legendary armor isn’t out. Look at WvW, it’s a mess. The new maps doesen’t even fit into the map design. Look’s like everthyng is rushed out without a 2nd look.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

There will be no updates on gameplay, just gem shop updates and balances every 6 months(removing some amulets in pvp, giving new ones, buff or nerf 10% some abilities and some little change here and there). New legendaries are coming with new expansion eta q4 2016 till q4 2017 for 60€ (cause HoT was a big success).

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

The next quarterly update won’t happen until the end of April, so even if they do announce a new legendary rifle, you won’t be able to start it for three months. I would buy the skin you want now and then work on the tier two mats for the precursor of the rifle. Looking at the tier two mats for The Predator, you can start now and have what you need saved up for when they announce the legendary rifle without worrying about the cost if you were to buy them on the TP.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t see how they are not understaffet. Most of the new legendary weapons arent even out. The legendary armor isn’t out. Look at WvW, it’s a mess. The new maps doesen’t even fit into the map design. Look’s like everthyng is rushed out without a 2nd look.

You saw the issues that they had with the precursor collections. They are likely making sure that the collections work properly and that there are no issues with the events involved (e.g. Being required to fail an event).

WvW wasn’t the main focus on the expansion as well as PvP. Yea, they added the stronghold and a new WvW map but that’s it. It’s not about being understaffed but making the choice not to work on them for the expansion but after.

How does the new maps not fit into the map design? Actually, what map design are you even talking about?

There will be no updates on gameplay, just gem shop updates and balances every 6 months(removing some amulets in pvp, giving new ones, buff or nerf 10% some abilities and some little change here and there). New legendaries are coming with new expansion eta q4 2016 till q4 2017 for 60€ (cause HoT was a big success).

Source?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

There is an issue that precludes this one as well with legendaries. They were supposed to be out in 2013 and not behind a paywall of an x-pac. This is one of many reasons why I refused to purchase HoT.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Timelord.8190

I’m talking about this:
Old: http://supergamezeit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/WvW-map.jpg
New: http://i.imgur.com/TEzd4zw.jpg

Just bad copy paste work over to the old map.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Does anyone know the rough time intervals between legendaries introduction in the past?

3 years: the original legendaries were discovered in-game in late 2012 and the first new legendaries since were announced mid-2015. I don’t think we can guess the intervals for how often ANet announces the remaining 13 legendary weapons.

(I don’t see them releasing new underwater once, since (a) they haven’t released underwater weapon skins for BL or other sets in ages and (b) they seem to be ignoring u-water combat for now.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Timelord.8190

They won’t make more underwater legendary weapons have they said.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Ayrilana.1396

I’m talking about this:
Old: http://supergamezeit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/WvW-map.jpg
New: http://i.imgur.com/TEzd4zw.jpg

Just bad copy paste work over to the old map.

I agree with you on the WvW ones.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A better question might be, “how often are announcementts of new legendaries acted on?”

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

About every 3 years.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief