How's the GW2 PVE now?

How's the GW2 PVE now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

I essentially quit the game because I wanted to get into this so called ‘e sports pvp’ style that arenanet had promised didn’t live up to the standards. I recently kinda started missing the game and its gorgeous world. One of the complaints I had seen from many people is the lack of end game – that is, at max level, people didn’t really have much to do except visiting the rest of the world. Granted, the world is a lot more exciting to go back to than many other mmo’s, but at max level last thing i want to do is to help some farmer kill some bandits.

I noticed that the pvp system was improved, but still far from exciting. Did you PVE’ers have better luck with the PVE? I noticed that lots of new content was added in, but how much did the new content have an affect on the end game play?

Thanks in advance for your comments, guys.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I just want to say about about end-game. In this MMO and also other MMO, there is no end-game. Only bragging rights.

Anyway, about the PvE. It is fun when you have a bunch of players doing the DE with you, but it boring when you are doing it alone. And many events are [Group Events], which are not easy for 1 character to do it. Most of the time, I had to run away from such event after trying to do it solo. Yes, I know there are people out there who can do these event with one hand tied behind their backs or do it without even seeing the screen as they would just say that and even post a video on youtube to prove it. They only failed to realize that not everyone are like thatm.

Anyway, I really didn’t notice the new content that much, except maybe some new DE’s that I never encountered before suddenly pops up when I arrives at the location. But it’s nothing interesting. And many PvE maps are basically empty. Except some famous location where people are there to farm to items because the chain events have tons of enemies to kill. Other than that, the PvE map is a ghost town most of the time. Most of the time, I just join in the farmers to do the event once, then leave them. It gets boring doing the same event over and over again.

ANet should add more events and better rewards for chain event that leads you from location A to location Z. At least you get the feeling of accomplishment. But at the current rate, killing a Champion dropping a white item or none at all is just heart wrenching. I have killed the Champion giant at Nageling town in Diessa Plateau at least 5 times, and I only got a white and nothing at all from the giant for all 5 encounters. So, every time I am there and someone called for help at map chat, I would not bother anymore. It’s not rewarding taking it down. And don’t say I don’t contribute anything for the fight, I do. I even run and revive down players while hitting it with clones (Yes, using a mesmer). And even use time warp and all shattered. I was even the first one to attack it as I arrived at the town after the call for help.

So, doing PvE is not rewarding at all. Hence, I only do PvE when leveling my character, other than that, it’s either CoF or AC dungeon, and sometimes HoTWs and Fractals. Still, this is a good game but with bad rewards system.

I am sure some people will disagree with me and say “I just got 10 exotics and 100 rares” just from several hours of doing PvE maps.

So? good for you and lucky you. I already clocked 1000+hours across all my characters, and I have only gotten several rares and 1 exotic a mace called Kevin. The rest are from dungeon tokens and TP and the Ancient Karka debacle refund of the ancient karka box.

(edited by SirDrygan.1823)

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Jae.5138

thanks for the detailed answer. it sounds like the same ol’, really. one thing upsetting for me is the grinding it takes to get these ‘bragging’ rights in gw2. At least in other mmo’s, this grinding is in a large raid, and the ‘bragging right’ is more than a simple aesthetic appeal.

i agree with you in that it’s a fantastic game. the combat is polished, graphics beautiful, and overall a very engaging gameplay. it’s just too bad the way they set up the content kind of backfired on them in that most of these open world areas provide hardly any end game experience, though they are, i’m sure, excuciatingly time-consuming to create.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Just pointing this out. The big jan/feb/march (jan being the smalest). Are sappose to have big things for PVP and PVE with the focus on cerrant content

If you want to really get into the world get in a good guild that focus’s on that kinda content

And have you done fractals???

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Just to share my thoughts in this

• The PvE in this game is top-notch, far better than any MMO I have ever played anyways. In my opinion, playing alone or with friends or with a guild in this game is fun (Although it would be boring after playing alone for a really long time). I don’t really know why but this game gives joy to me whenever I play it, regardless of with who or where. The End-Game is the game itself, from level 1 to 80, not after 80. I don’t really mind how the end-game works here because it’s still fun to play even if I reached 80. Reasons why are because of fractals, dungeons, pvp, a guild, friends and more.
  • In regards to the PvP. The SPvP is fair when it comes to players fighting other players mainly because stats and gear are just the same (Only difference are the looks). On the other hand, the WvW is humongous, which is great despite being a zerg fest (tbh, I find zerg fests fun and exhilirating but i would also like to have alot of tactical planning).

In conclusion, the end-game content is pretty much fun here.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Jae.5138

fractals? no.

i was just grinding pvp (which itself was a disappointment – grinding for ranks, then buy pvp items with glory? grinding is never fun, even in pvp) until they announce further plans for the pvp. And they did, which was the paid pvp, where the winners would get paid in ticket and gem. This already spelled disaster for me, due to the unchanging pvp content and lack of match making system, so I quit. I honestly haven’t gotten past level 40 in PVE.

But it’s excellent to hear that they will be pumping out both PVP and PVE content in the near future. I’ll definitely keep my eyes open because I really, really love the potential this game has. I preordered this game for myself and probably 4 of my other friends. I’m really hoping for a good reason for us to come back.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Cowrex.9564

Can’t argue with that but I just find how GW2 works atm fun. Despite it being a grind.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

thanks for the detailed answer. it sounds like the same ol’, really. one thing upsetting for me is the grinding it takes to get these ‘bragging’ rights in gw2. At least in other mmo’s, this grinding is in a large raid, and the ‘bragging right’ is more than a simple aesthetic appeal.

i agree with you in that it’s a fantastic game. the combat is polished, graphics beautiful, and overall a very engaging gameplay. it’s just too bad the way they set up the content kind of backfired on them in that most of these open world areas provide hardly any end game experience, though they are, i’m sure, excuciatingly time-consuming to create.

The way that you present back-handed compliments here, I’m pretty convinced your a mole of some kind. Like Blizzard is paying you to come in here and say,“Ya, it’s great, but don’t you want more?” and disguise it as an actual player with a concern.

Take your hate out the door, your busted.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Jae.5138

[/quote]

The way that you present back-handed compliments here, I’m pretty convinced your a mole of some kind. Like Blizzard is paying you to come in here and say,“Ya, it’s great, but don’t you want more?” and disguise it as an actual player with a concern.

Take your hate out the door, your busted.[/quote]

best comment of the year

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Cowrex.9564

For some weird reason, this situation reminds me of Skyfall…

How's the GW2 PVE now?

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Didn’t see it, care to elaborate?

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Cowrex.9564

I don’t really know how to put it. But the mole thing and the busted just reminds me of the movie. Didn’t watch it yet but the moment I read that comment, I thought of Skyfall immediately.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

MrMacAndCheese.3907

I don’t really know how to put it. But the mole thing and the busted just reminds me of the movie. Didn’t watch it yet but the moment I read that comment, I thought of Skyfall immediately.

Awesome! That doesn’t really make sense, like how something someone said reminds you of a movie you haven’t seen.

Just like how OP said:

I noticed that lots of new content was added in.

or how he’s obviously PvP oriented, yet started yet another thread about PvE endgame, as if he cares. Makes alot of sense.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

MrMacAndCheese.3907

On topic, GW2 PvE is fun now, still.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Cowrex.9564

On topic, GW2 PvE is fun now, still.

Here’s to that.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

Jae.5138

seems you didn’t read the thread at all!

i am definitely pvp oriented. I only pvp’ed in WoW, i only pvp’ed in aion, i enjoy League of legends these days. That said, pve in gw2 is something i am looking into given the dynamic combat of gw2.

i guess if you’re a 12 year old conspiracy theorist, you could say i am a ‘mole.’ Some people are actually able to see the good AND the bad, rather than just bashing on a game or forming a religion around it.

How's the GW2 PVE now?

MrMacAndCheese.3907

i guess if you’re a 12 year old conspiracy theorist

….busted.

PvE is the same. It’s not up to us as a community to convince you to play again. If you didn’t like it before, you probably still don’t.