How's your world looking activity-wise?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

Not sure if I’m just playing at the wrong times on my world, but wondering how the other worlds are doing. I play on Sanctum of Rall, and went around to the areas I’d expect to be fairly high traffic, like Lion’s Arch and the Bazaar of the Four Winds, and they seemed surprisingly empty.

There were definitely the usual crowd around the banks in Lion’s Arch, mind you, but even in the later years of GW1’s life that seemed the case. Am I looking about the wrong places for people? I noticed hopping in WvW there seemed more chatter, and admittedly in almost every area I’d at least catch one or two people talking.

That seems eerily quiet to me though, and I’m guessing maybe the concentrations of players are just elsewhere that I’m unaware of. Considering that, how’s it looking on your world?

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

What times of the day are you logging in? On SBI, logging in around 7-9 PM (eastern time), you’ll see a lot of players online.

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

What times of the day are you logging in? On SBI, logging in around 7-9 PM (eastern time), you’ll see a lot of players online.

Might be the worst times ever, I suppose. I’m mostly nocturnal so it’s usually way late nights or early mornings for the East coast.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I don’t know about SoR but JQ is bursting at the seams. LA is in overflow about 8 hours a day, and there are multiple servers present in the overflow so it isn’t unique to JQ.

You can forget getting into WvW, I sat in the EB queue for an hour last night.

Of course if you play at odd times your milage will vary. 7-12PM EST is always packed, and ~9AM EST is also packed from overseas players.

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Time of day will have a lot to do with it, as will new living world content, and wvw reset. My world (Blacktide) is by no means deserted, but I can avoid or find people if I want to.

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

Because every SoR player is in WvW, imho. Thats one of the top 3 WvW server.

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

TC is still relatively busy…certainly in the bazaare it is. But I do know the living story pulls a lot of people out of the open world.

Posted by: Xan Thav.5369

Xan Thav.5369

I’m in Sorrow’s Furnace, and whilst the Early maps aren’t full of people, it’s not a ghost town either.

I do enjoy SF thoroughly, yesterday, out of sheer boredom is all I can think of, my server decided to form a huge zerk in LA and head over to Southsun Cove to spawn the Karka Queen not once, not twice, but three times in a row. It was hilarious xD

I kitten love kittens! :3

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

We need culling gone in PVE and then you’ll be able to judge better.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Player activity is less than ideal anywhere. Bad priorities in development have not helped to address this problem, rather it has only distracted the populace with minigames for a few days at a time.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Only time I ever see people in PvE besides sitting at MF and bank in LA is at reset, when everyone zergs together and kills all the temples and karka queen then promptly leaves again.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Don’t know what the OP is talking about, this was on SoR at Jormag less than 2 weeks ago when culling was temporarily lifted.

Attachments:

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I see people at every DE on Jade Quarry I go to. Granted those are DE’s for daily completion, but its still alot of people. Doing world boss events will still fill my screen with people, and lately depending on the time, I have been getting put into overflow servers.

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

The status of world boss farms, endgame farm areas, and LA/queensdale activity really do not convince me as bring a good metric for the health of world activity. These are just the last refuge of a bored/declining world.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m on AR. Was out doing Kessex Peak and Brisban Wildlands on my mesmer last night (map clearing and leveling) and ran into plenty of people. The maps weren’t brimming with people, but more than enough to do some of the harder group events like Harpy Destroyer.

I haven’t been to any of the later zones recently, so I can’t speak for those on my server.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

We need culling gone in PVE and then you’ll be able to judge better.

This is the number one reason think nobody is playing the game. It takes quite a while for even a nameplate to appear. If you and another player are running by each other you’ll never know it. When I’m running through Lion’s Arch I’ll see maybe one or two nameplates at any given time, if I stop a whole bunch of nameplates will pop up after a few seconds. This has happened to me at the bank, I walk up wondering where everybody is and then the center of my screen turns into a giant mess of text.

Second reason are players not using map chat to talk. I’ve come across groups of people in LA using /say to talk to each other.

To judge server population hit the world select button on the character screen and you can see the population of each server. Every time I’ve looked every US server is very high while poor old Europe is always medium. I wonder why Europe hates GW2.

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Remove player culling, use particle culling. I can see 100 players on my screen with no problem to my fps, but if we have 5 eles I just get a series of screenshots.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

TC is still relatively busy…certainly in the bazaare it is. But I do know the living story pulls a lot of people out of the open world.

DR and LA are usually always busy on TC, and most other places have folks running around in them. WvW is almost always queued as well.

At the wee hours of the morning is the slowest point, though, but you still see folks in those places and to varying degrees in the open world.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I played across multiple maps and encountered other players just about every where on Ehmry Bay.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Seafarer’s Rest has to be one of the most crowded medium servers. I’m pulling this out of my…thin air, I don’t have any hard evidence to back this claim up eh.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Gate of Madness is so empty it’s unbelievable. It seems like 99% of the playerbase are only active on special event days, and go play WoW the rest of the time. I’d be hard pressed to find more than 2 players when I walk around the world for 10 hours – unless I walk into LA. But I find myself doing the same thing the rest of the world is doing: playing GW2 when a new event comes out, finishing it, and then going over to WoW until the next GW2 event.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Time of day is a factor. So is whatever the new content is going at the time. I play during USA Midwest prime time hours usually and there were some people at the Bazaar of the Four Winds. Haven’t seen many players in the greater world for a while now, though.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

TC is well populated but I have guested elsewhere and I can’t believe how scarce people are. It was fun doing Jormag and Teq etc with only a dozen people!