How strong is an Asc. Weapon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Like what’s the % increase in your damage if you were running full zerker with completely ascended trinkets and then replaced your say……2h Exotic Zerker GS with an Ascended one?

What’s the % increase for that 1 weapon alone? I don’t know where people are getting the stats for Asc weps, so I can’t do the calculation myself. Not that I probably could, I’m TERRIBLE at math lol

EDIT: Btw, doesn’t need to be a exact figure, even an estimate would suffice.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If they stay with the stats they oops released in November …

Attachments:

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

That really does not seem like a dealbreaker to me. You could make up the difference with a buff or a piece of armor.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

That really does not seem like a dealbreaker to me. You could make up the difference with a buff or a piece of armor.

So basically you have no clue how much is it but feel invited to comment on it?

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Sylv.5324

I think that you are very angry and should stop foaming. <3

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

MikaHR.1978

I think that you are very angry and should stop foaming. <3

No, but im fed up with people without understanding of most fundamental things about how GW2 stats work commenting on “is it much” or throwing random numbers around.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

I believe it is a 3% difference. So on a full set of armor it will 18% difference. The thing is, it will only matter in WvW because the pve content is so easy in this game. You can easily do everything (besides high level fractals) in masterwork gear.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Sylv.5324

No, but im fed up with people without understanding of most fundamental things about how GW2 stats work

You’re also the one arguing against wearing next to best in slot gear whilst working on time-gated BiS, so I’m not sure why this upsets you. Have fun fighting in greens?

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

MikaHR.1978

No, but im fed up with people without understanding of most fundamental things about how GW2 stats work

You’re also the one arguing against wearing next to best in slot gear whilst working on time-gated BiS, so I’m not sure why this upsets you. Have fun fighting in greens?

Im arguing against wasting of resurces but thats not topic of this thread.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Yeah…people keep pulling all kinds of numbers out of nowhere. Some people claim they are 11% better, others claim they are 8% better, while still more people say it’s only a 3% difference.

I wish GW2 was balanced so well that a 3% difference in stats would make a difference. But it’s not and never will be.

Sylv.5324

The stat difference listed above is not that big, and can be made up in other ways, while you work on that weapon. Sorry if you’re mad and just refusing to consider any other option, but if that stat difference is the difference between you succeeding or failing, then maybe you should stop relying on gear to carry you.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

MikaHR.1978

The stat difference listed above is not that big, and can be made up in other ways, while you work on that weapon. Sorry if you’re mad and just refusing to consider any other option, but if that stat difference is the difference between you succeeding or failing, then maybe you should stop relying on gear to carry you.

kitten , if i were in your place i would at least by now produced anything sensible to back up my claims.

But nah, well just use descriptive “its not that big” by looking at numbers that on their own mean squat.

Continue please.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

If they stay with the stats they oops released in November …

So +5% on the damage range and +5% on each of three stats.

The maths of the final outcome isn’t simple, given that the stats and the damage range combine multiplicatively.. but +5% on weapon stats is only a small increase in your character’s total stats.

Sylv.5324

i would at least by now produced anything

I was referring to the screenshot above, as I noted. Please stop being obtuse, thanks!

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-gear-11-Exo-WAY-too-much/page/2#post2736538

I’m surprised no one has done the math for ascended weapons.

I suppose my biggest concern over ascended is that, even though it is only a 5% increase, it is a 5% increase of everything. When you have the full ascended armor, weapons, and trinkets, you’ll have 5% more of everything than if you didn’t. So, looking at the damage formula:

Damage = Power x Weapon Attack x Coefficient / Armor x Crit mod

Coefficient and armor are constant, so we can ignore that. Now, lets say that we go with a berserker ascended set, and we get 5% more attack, 5% more power, 5% more precision, and 5% more crit damage. Now, lets look at how those stats will work.

Power would be 5% more from what armor and trinkets give. You already have 916 power to start, and a full set of exotic berserker gives 1003 Power. 5% of that is 50, so you can add this 50 power onto whatever build you want. I’m going to assume a full 30 points into a power line, just for example sake, as well as ruby orbs on the armor. So, overall power raises from 2339 to 2389, which is a 2.1% increase in damag.

Precision would get a further 35 precision, which is about 1.5% crit rate. I’m also going to assume 300 precision from traits, so a full build will have 1082 precision, or kitten .5% crit rate. Ascended raises that up to 57%.

Attack power is just a flat 5% increase.

Crit damage is a kittene, since it increases by more than 5%. Where exotic trinkets give a total of 36% crit damage, the ascended gives a total of 44%. This is a total increase of 22%, and the rest of the stats will likely follow suit. So, while full exotic gives 62% crit damage, ascended will give 76% crit damage, or 14% extra. Assuming ruby orbs an at least 100 trait points, this will mean a total increase from 84 to 96. Since crit damage starts out at 150, this comes to a total increase of about 5%.

So, looking at that damage formula again:

Damage = 1.021 Power x 1.05 weapon attack x constant stuff x crit mod

old crit mod:

55% x 2.34 + 45% = 1.737

New crit mod:
57% x 2.46 + 43% = 1.832

Crit mod’s total increase is 5.5%

In the end, we have 1.02 × 1.05 × 1.055 =1.1299 = 13% increase in damage.

Note, this number can change depending on what build you use, but for now I just went with a fairly generic berserker skeleton.

Add this on top of the fact that you’ll also have 5% more armor, so you’ll take anywhere from 2.5% less damage to 2.8% less damage. When fighting another player in full ascended while you have full exotics, he hits you 13% harder, and you hit him for 2.5% less, given generic builds.

Considering that attacks hit upwards to 8k or so, that 13% is an extra 1040 damage, while you’ll instead hit for 7800. That comes to a total difference of 15.9% total effectiveness between the two of you. That is a little too high of a statistical difference for me to be comfortable.

So overall, when comparing ascended to exotic, bear in mind that the cumulative effect is much higher than advertised. You can do the math with different numbers if you so choose, but remember that the less that is invested there, the more ascended makes a difference.

NOTE: for just the weapon, it is a 5% increase in damage with additional 5% stat bonuses from the weapon.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

13% is A LOT

We are talking about extra 500-1000 dmg on most of the Backstab crits. Or even 2-3k dmg on 100-Blades against PvE target…

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They showed ascended weapons as having a sigil slot and 1 or 2 infusions slots (2 on 2H weapons).

looking at that picture, that’s a 5% increase in weapon damage (affects some builds but not all) and a 5% increase in contribution to stats from that slot (not really very high at all, under 1% overall stat bump).

Its exactly the sort of gain I’m used to in pursuing BiS gear in a game like LotRO. Its a couple of percent which is nice in pressure situations but a minor concern in most play. Good enough to chase after if you have nothing else you’d rather be doing, with is kind of the point.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

13% is A LOT

We are talking about extra 500-1000 dmg on most of the Backstab crits. Or even 2-3k dmg on 100-Blades against PvE target…

Yes, it’s a lot if it were all from one item. But that 13% is for someone in full ascended including armor vs. someone in only exotics. Anyone who plays a decent amount of time has at least ascended jewelry.

The weapon itself will add around 5.5-6%, more than any other single item but by itself not that crazy.

Also not taken into account are buffs. Where’s the fury buff and the might stacks?

Edit: 100B does 23k damage to a single target in PvE?

(edited by Yaki.9563)

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Note: To put it another way, when people say, “Ascended’s just a small stat increase”, I ask them, “Would you like an extra 3 trait points?” Because it turns out that’s how much you get just from having infusions. It’s a lot.

Not really. And you don’t get any traits with it, which is the main benefit of trait points. Not to mention it’s a crazy insane cost to get 12 infusions.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I think the biggest indicator is the design themselves. It takes the upgrade slot and merges it into the stats of the item itself. This is where most of the stats difference comes from.

Ascended equipment has an infusion slot instead of an normal upgrade slot. Infusions only give small that’s why all ascended trinkets have attribute bonuses comparable to a “built in” jewel to compensate for the lack of a standard upgrade slot.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto