How the Plasma Greatsword should look

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zakka.2153

Zakka.2153

I took it upon myself to do a little bit image editing.

Could you please make the Plasma Great Sword mimic the Plasma shield. See attached. ;P

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s too late for redesigns after something like this has come out. People who bought it, bought it because they liked the way it looked. Changing the look after release should only be done because there’s a problem as it invalidates the prior purchases.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

What did you change?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Zakka.2153

It’s too late for redesigns after something like this has come out. People who bought it, bought it because they liked the way it looked. Changing the look after release should only be done because there’s a problem as it invalidates the prior purchases.

I disagree, In fact stated on Reddit before, I believe the Plasma Great Sword should actually look similar to the Plasma shield.

For better reference see attached.

Attachments:

Just a flesh wound.3589

Let’s say I was one of the people who had already bought that Greatsword because I liked the look, and I don’t like the new look. How are you going to make it right with me?

ANet may give it to you.

Zakka.2153

Let’s say I was one of the people who had already bought that Greatsword because I liked the look, and I don’t like the new look. How are you going to make it right with me?

First off things get changed on a regular basis in this game. Regardless of what some may or may not want.

Good examples, Elementalist Fire Ball Change, The Dreamer Horse Sound, Berserker Warrior Spec. etc etc. You do not see Anet dishing out refunds, to everyone who didn’t like something they changed. Also before you say yes people used money and or time in each of these cases.

Second, I would argue it would improve the sword, there for increase the value of said sword and the desire of wanting it, especially since there have been several post about how some of the plasma weapons seem very lacking.

Third I am going to say my suggestion is exactly that. A suggestion if anet agrees with me cool, if not well I’ll live with it I like the weapon either way. I just feel it would be even better looking with my above change.

I get were you coming from I do, but I don’t agree with you solely based off what I’ve seen through my three years of playing GW2, Most likely it will not be changed. But I hope it does.

Now that this is settled, honest opinion do you like the “fixed” version or the “original” better?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Let’s just say I’m offended because some one else might be offended. Appease me.

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

I can’t unsee how much better this looks

Posted by: Neyjour.3921

Neyjour.3921

I disagree, In fact stated on Reddit before, I believe the Plasma Great Sword should actually look similar to the Plasma shield.

I think you did a wonderful job on that! It looks much, much better than the original IMO. I would definitely want it (for my Reaper) if it looked like your version.

It’s interesting to see how such a “subtle” change can make such a big difference in the aesthetics.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah, that looks better.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Due to the icon of the Plasma Greatsword, I figured it was supposed to look similar to the shield. /shrug.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

Wow that would like MUCH better. Redesigns happen all the time. Stuff can change at any point. If people don’t like it too bad. They can get over their sense of self-importance.

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

I took it upon myself to do a little bit image editing.

Could you please make the Plasma Great Sword mimic the Plasma shield. See attached. ;P

He is right, and it is not too late to make some changes

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

To those argueing about it be changed or not becouse people will be angry.

First of all some outfits has actually got changed after that they have been available in the store, the monks outfit for example so it is perfectly possible that the skin will get a better glow.

On the other hand with the monks outfit still as an example, people raged at the forums becouse they changed it and people had spent real money for the old look.

Does it matter that Just a flesh wound.3589 does not think that the change will happen? No.

I will probably never get the skin for myself but I agree with OP it looks alot better with the glow and it fits the icon immage alot better too.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Just a flesh wound.3589

First of all some outfits has actually got changed after that they have been available in the store, the monks outfit for example so it is perfectly possible that the skin will get a better glow.

On the other hand with the monks outfit still as an example, people raged at the forums becouse they changed it and people had spent real money for the old look.

Does it matter that Just a flesh wound.3589 does not think that the change will happen? No.

I will probably never get the skin for myself but I agree with OP it looks alot better with the glow and it fits the icon immage alot better too.

The Monk outfit was changed because the legs were clipping through the dress, so it was a bug fix. It was not a change to make it prettier after people had already purchased it and liked the look.

In addition, I didn’t say that the change would not happen. I said it was too late for them to do it for a reason that is not to fix a problem.

What I’m getting from this thread is, “if I like it then that’s too bad for the people who already bought it and who wouldnt like the change. What I want is more important.”

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

Things can change, it’s just usually last priority.

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

The Monk outfit was changed because the legs were clipping through the dress, so it was a bug fix. It was not a change to make it prettier after people had already purchased it and liked the look.

In addition, I didn’t say that the change would not happen. I said it was too late for them to do it for a reason that is not to fix a problem.

What I’m getting from this thread is, “if I like it then that’s too bad for the people who already bought it and who wouldnt like the change. What I want is more important.”

I understand what you are saying, and I would probably agree if OP was suggesting a more drastic change, like making the beam shorter, or changing the color to pink. What OP is suggesting is simply adding more particle effects that arguably seem to enhance the design, and matches the icon art for the weapon more accurately. It might be too bold of me to say this, but I find it very unlikely that many (if any) would dislike this “change.”

Also, they HAVE made cosmetic changes before. The Light Flamekissed Set you could buy from the cash shop used to offer the HUMAN Cultural (sorcerer’s) armor for both Sylvari and Norn. A day later, they removed it from the cash shop and decided to change it so that it is now the Feathered Armor set.

Attachments:

(edited by IntheCoconut.3497)

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Do you just sit on the forums all day being a contrarian for fun or something?

Oh yeah and they do change things all the time. For example the way several legendary had their skin and effects changed after launch.

Or how about the changes to the dreamer just recently made.

I don’t see how adding a tiny bit of shading on the plasma GS is any different.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I think the addition of a band of plasma running along the center long axis (one that’s thicker and brighter/more intense than the outer bands), in addition to the fogging effect to vaguely fill-in the empty space between bands as with the shield, would make it seem more like a sword than it does.

And it would remove that “Hi! I’m a giant cheese slicer!” impression I get when I see it.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I wouldn’t mind the sword looking like that. I dunno if they’ll change it, though.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

They don’t have to. Heck, I never voted for the changes over the past few years that were done to The Dreamer, and no-one is offering compensation to me (not that I’m asking for it either).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

I had a shortbow on my Ranger once…

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

I laughed when I saw the greatsword skin because I thought it looked so ridiculous with the empty space. Your redesign is so much better.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Took me like five minutes to realize the difference.

Sure. Though it’s not changing the fact I think the plasma weapons look very silly.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Thanks for showing a comparison between what the original looks like & your variant. I too, have mine own tastes in that Plasma wep skins look unappealing BUT from what you have supplied in the variant – it is a much better improvement and I am in full agreement it would better suit what is advertised/displayed in the item’s picture.

Clearly there is some sort of vague energy on the plasma bits in the picture, yet in the real item in game… There is none. This alone portrays misleading information/representation and I think ANet should consider this suggestion of yours as a possible solution.

TLDR: great suggestion, makes sense due to misleading representation in the original item’s picture.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Clearly there is some sort of vague energy on the plasma bits in the picture, yet in the real item in game… There is none. This alone portrays misleading information/representation and I think ANet should consider this suggestion of yours as a possible solution.

Like you didn’t right click to preview the weapon. That’s a terrible bad horrible argument. That said, I do like the OP’s take on the GS.

If they changed it to that I’d consider getting one. But in general, I’m not a big fan of the plasma weapons.

Zakka.2153

Well I appreciate everyones support and viewpoint. It seems Anet “fixed” and I use the term lightly the Plasma Great Sword.

They took the easy way out and changed the icon – while I am disappointed, I will still keep my sword hehe. See attached for the “fix” Anet won this battle.

Attachments:

(edited by Zakka.2153)