How to Empty Bags?

How to Empty Bags?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FattyLumpkin.3420

FattyLumpkin.3420

Hi…I just reinstalled GW2 after not playing since it was released. My bags are FULL of stuff. Things like tiny scales and turquoise things and leather and so on. What the heck do I do with it all? I can’t even go out and quest because I won’t be able to pick anything up.

I’m a 22nd level ranger with the Huntsman profession. I figure I should craft BUT it’s daunting. What do I do with things that I don’t see as directly useful for my craft?

The screen shot is after I’ve made some progress clearing up a couple slots….but I still have things to salvage.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Attachments:

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

For everything in your inventory, click on the cog icon and choose Deposit All; that will deposit all the materials into your material storage. You can then take the materials (wood, metal, cloth, etc.) out of your bank and deposit those the same way. You could also right click on each item and choose “Deposit”, as well.

You can double click on the luck (the green and yellow blobs) to add them to your account Magic Find. You can double click on the transmutation stones to consume them and turn them into a transmutation charge.

ANything else (weapons, sigils, armor, etc.) you could see about selling to a vendor or on the TP. The dye could be opened or just sold on the TP as is.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Step 1: Hit the gear icon in the top right and “deposit all collectibles” and all your crafting materials will go into your bank. Without any additions, you can store a full stack of all base crafting materials in your bank (the 9 square dots tab in your bank).

Step 2: That looks like 3 old sub-80 transmutation stones, and 5 level 80 ones. Double click and they should convert to the new transmutation charges. Also, double click the essences of luck, those will turn into your account luck/magic find stat.

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Step 1: Click on the little cog wheel in the top right of your inventory. Click ‘Deposit all Materials’. That will move all the crafting materials from your inventory to the material storage tab in your bank, which is dedicated storage space for those items. You an get them back by going to the bank and clicking on the ‘squares’ icon on the left side to see the material storage, but you can also use them for crafting directly from the material storage.

Step 2: You have a bunch of crafting materials in your bank too, you can move these manually or put them in your inventory then repeat step 1 to move them as well.

Step 3: The armor set in your second inventory slot is an outfit, double click it and it will disappear from your inventory and be available to all your characters via the outfits menu on the Hero panel.

Step 4: The blue diamonds 1st slot of the second row in your bank and the yellow ones in the 4th slot of your bank are Transmutation charges. These are now stored in the wallet. Put them in your inventory and double click them, they’ll disappear (you can check how many you have by clicking on the coins icon at the bottom of the inventory, but they’re also shown on the wardrobe tab where you can use them to reskin your armour).

Step 5: The two glowing green icons are Essences of Luck, double click them to add Magic Find points to your account (which slightly increase your chance of getting rare items).

Step 6: The Blue bottle icon 5th down in the first row of your inventory is an unidentified dye. Double click to identify it then double click to unlock the dye (these are account wide now).

Step 7: You have a few junk items (grey text). These have no use except to be sold so go to a merchant and pick Sell Junk at the bottom of the window to get rid of them.

Step 8: Unless I’ve missed something everything left over is equipment, gathering tools, upgrade components for equipment or intermediate crafting materials that don’t fit in the storage (like wooden dowels). These can be either used or sold.

If I was you I’d equip anything which is better than what you’re using currently (you can compare them easily by hovering over each item), sell everything else on the Trading Post if it’s worth more than the merchant value (the TP will tell you if it’s not) and then salvage the rest or sell it to a merchant if you can’t. Except the crafting materials, save those to continue levelling crafting.

For future reference you can look any item up on the wiki (link at the top of the page of /wiki [item name] in-game) to find out what you can do with it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

How to Empty Bags?

FattyLumpkin.3420

OMG you guys are awesome. I just posted this and have 3 very detailed responses. Thank you. It makes me think highly of the community as I’m considering purchasing the expansion.

I know it was a pretty silly question but I log in after a LONG time away and it was overwhelming just to go out and play because my bags are packed. Thank you SO much for the advice….and so quickly!

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

OMG you guys are awesome. I just posted this and have 3 very detailed responses. Thank you. It makes me think highly of the community as I’m considering purchasing the expansion.

I know it was a pretty silly question but I log in after a LONG time away and it was overwhelming just to go out and play because my bags are packed. Thank you SO much for the advice….and so quickly!

You can thank us by paying the rather large bill we just mailed to you. Prompt payment is appreciated.

We break thumbs. -Sid

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The dye is worth ~ 70-80 silver. You might want to sell it as is (unidentified). If you click on it you’re most likely to get a dye worth about 6 silver.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Another item you might consider when you get going is making yourself larger bags through most of the crafting disciplines. It will let you store more when you are out-n-about questing.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

RPG inventory is one of those things which is really confusing at first, possibly worse when you come back to a game after a while but when you’ve been playing regularly it becomes second nature.

What you asked is something each of us does on a regular basis, potentially several times a day.

For future reference depositing crafting materials and selling junk is a good start to inventory management at any time, because that gets rid of the easy stuff so you’re just looking at things with a few possible uses and not wasting time (or space) as you sort through them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Don’t forget to grab material storage expansions!

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Eh, I think buying more bank tabs would be better to get before grabbing the material expansions.

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Eh, I think buying more bank tabs would be better to get before grabbing the material expansions.

Those too! LOL!

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I kept getting stuck with a few odds and sods that I think are leftovers from heart tasks. These things are labelled as trophies but are ignored by the “sell junk” vendor button and cannot be salvaged. They confused me for a while but now I just dump them.

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

As an addition to all the great advice you already got, try right-clicking on items you don’t know how to use, and scan the context menu that comes up. If it has an entry “deposit material”, then it’s an item that you can store in your material storage (the ones that get sucked out of your inventory if you “deposit all material”), and you can store it right through that context menu, too. Might be helpful to figure out what of the stuff in your bank can go over without having to clean your bags to move everything from the bank over. Check out the inventory page on the GW2 wiki for in-depth information.

As was said above, the armor crafting professions (tailor, leatherworker, armorsmith) can craft larger bags , too, starting out with 8-slot bags and advancing up to 20 slots for master crafters. You can often get 8- and even 10-slot bags for a few silver at the trading post, which will give you quite a bit more inventory space than you currently have.

There’s really not much use for holding on to green or blue equipment you loot unless it’s better than what you currently have equipped. If you are into crafting, consider salvaging anything you don’t need, since it will give you additional crafting materials (ore, wood, cloth and leather scraps) as well as essences of luck, which in turn will increase your magic find when consumed (to ultimately improve the rarity of the loot you find).

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Unless you’re actively crafting be sure to regularly clean out your materials storage. You can take the mats out and sell them on the trade post directly from your inventory.

At this particular point I’d save the mats till after HOT drops. The prices will vary.

Little red Lioka

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Crafting and storage cleaning go hand in hand: when those copper ores began to take more space than they are worth, you NEED to refine them into bronze ingots. This is the same for every basic crafting material, so crafting is important to reduce your space requirements.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Raz.1632

Raz.1632

The folks in this thread need to exist in every other game I play. Nothing worse than loading up some Witcher save file from a year and a half ago and trying to figure out what is going on…

Attachments:

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Crafting and storage cleaning go hand in hand: when those copper ores began to take more space than they are worth, you NEED to refine them into bronze ingots. This is the same for every basic crafting material, so crafting is important to reduce your space requirements.

Why bronze ingots?

It takes more ore to craft and costs more to craft than a copper ingot, and they sell at about the same price as copper ingots.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

How to Empty Bags?

FattyLumpkin.3420

What an incredibly helpful thread! Such good advice especially for a nooby question. I’ve been away from the game for a LONG time and am currently considering the HoT expansion. The amazing nature of the responses here reflects so well on the GW2 community. It really makes me want to buy the expansion even though I’m a casual player.

A special “Thank You” to Sidenti who sent me better bags in-game. Very generous!

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Welcome back Lumpkin, tbh the expansion should have plenty of stuff for casual players, like the storyline / exploration / elite specs

@Ardid does seem like it’d be better to sell excess copper rather than making it into bronze, since you have to buy the tin from the vendor.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

How to Empty Bags?

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

A special “Thank You” to Sidenti who sent me better bags in-game. Very generous!

Actually, that was me silly. :P

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

How to Empty Bags?

FattyLumpkin.3420

Actually, that was me silly. :P

Nooooooo! Sorry Kreejaffa! Kreejaffa (cool name, btw) gave me a ton of great bags. It completely changed my ability to play.

Maybe I have been away from MMOs for too long but, man, there is a lot to know about this game. So many items and whatnot.