How to Guild rep when it changes server?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Emma J.1940

Emma J.1940

A question for the Anet team about guild influence.

I play on FOW and I am a member of a large guild. This guild has now moved to Gandara. Is there any way to rep my guild while staying on FOW? If I guest on Gandara I’ve been told my influence will go to the FOW Guild and not the Gandara guild (It’s the same guild but the new Gandara one has lost all it’s upgrades) and because I will be unable to rep and add influence I will be kicked from the guild.

If I leave and get invited back will my influence go to the new version or still to the FOW guild? Is there anything I can do?

I don’t want to move servers as I have a couple of private bank guilds of my own that I’ve spent a lot of gold, laurels and influence on, that I don’t want to loose.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

sounds like your guild banks are more important to you than the guild you’re in, I don’t think anet is gonna give you a uhaul to move your stuff over, your gonna have leave it all behind, just like the guild that switched servers did.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

From the wiki: ‘Guilds are not tied to any specific world; all players can join any guild regardless of which world they play on. However, influence and guild upgrades are specific to each world: players in the same guild but on different worlds will contribute to separate influence pools and build through separate upgrade trees. Members that transfer will have to regenerate influence and build new upgrades on the new world.