How to Make the Megaserver Better?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

Some of us from the more organized servers are feeling a little bit miffed about the megaserver. It is much harder for us to organize to get things done, especially big things like Tequatl or the Triple Trouble wurms.

Yes, they can be done by large guilds, but not everyone is in a large guild. Before, it was easy for a whole server to organize and do something together. But now people may be split across different megaservers.

I suggest that, at the very least, we need to be able to switch megaservers at will, similar to how we used to switch instances in GW1. It would also be nice to be able to identify other people from your home server at a glance, perhaps with a different name color.

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

This is the complete opposite of what I am experiencing. I completed tequatl twice since the update, i never beat it before the mega servers.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Yeh selectable megaservers would be a good addition, which is really just the gw1 system isn’t it…guess they should have done that in the first place.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anet already noticed players are not happy with this move, let them tune it with the right validations, give some time.

Imo there are no possible validations/option for megaserver goes well, besides disable it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

as long as there is a map limit no one will be happy

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

All of the big guilds in the high population servers were organising Teq just fine before megaservers, during US prime-time, Europe, Asia, Oceanic – no problem. Get on the Teq teamspeak and away we go. Meanwhile all the barren servers never had enough people even during prime-time.

Overall I think more players benefited than suffered from the change. Giving people free transfers to underpopulated servers didn’t work so this was the alternative.

Posted by: Moderator.7502

Moderator.7502

Hi there,

please make sure to post your feedback about “Feedback/Questions: MegaServer” in the dedicated main thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-MegaServer

Thank you!"