How to "Play Dress Up" in Wardrobe?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I went to the base “forums” list and did a search on “wardrobe” and there were only 2 results so I’m thinking the search feature doesn’t work. If something already addresses this please point me there.

When I initially heard of the Wardrobe I thought it would be possible to use it to find your ideal look for your characters. I.e. I thought instead of only showing the skins you already have, it would show all the skins in Wardrobe view so that you could try on an entire outfit of different pieces whether you have them or not. And even better I thought you could then take that outfit idea and apply color to see what your finished outfit would look like. In the current Wardrobe you can only preview the pieces you have unlocked and you can’t change the colors.

And it seems the only way to Preview every piece of armor for your character is from the bank. But with this method you can only preview one piece at a time, you can’t make an outfit to see how they all fit together.

Since we already have the Wardrobe to try on pieces and we already have the bank tab that shows ever piece available, and we already have the dye tab to view and change colors, I’m confused why they didn’t make the Wardrobe so you can “play dress up” in this way.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

But you can.

Go to the bank wardrobe. Right click an item to preview it. Shift your preview and bank windows to be side by side. Right click another item. It will show in the preview with the first one. If you don’t like one piece, right click on that piece in the preview to remove it without losing the whole thing.

Dyes not looking right? Open the TP and search for a dye color you want to check. Right click the dye on the TP to preview, do that 4 times to fill all channels. Then you can remove individual dye channels and replace with other colors. (Yes, it would be better to be able to preview from your own dye palette, but that function does not yet exist).

In Players Helping Players RoyalPredator has posted a ton of shots taken from wardrobe previews as s/he helps others find a desired look.

You can.

edit PS: The forum search feature’s been broken for years. Use google instead, it finds threads.

Posted by: Rhianne.4027

Rhianne.4027

If you click skins for different slots in the bank preview menu, you should be able to view them together as an outfit.

If you preview dyes from the tradepost, these will show up on your previewed outfit, however there are only 4 dye slots shared among all pieces, so this sometimes ends up looking weird if the dye channels don’t match up, or the fabrics take dye differently.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

you can sort of do what you are asking it just isnt streamlined.

You have to be at a bank (banker or crafting station) for this. on the left, click what looks like a closet. it will show all the skins i the game, with the ones you dont have grayed out. Clicking on one opens a window with your character wearing that skin. Clicking other adds or changes that skin to the preview. In that way you can “test run” sets of skins. I have done it this way myself.

Now, for the dyes, this is part of the preview that ANet really needs to add in. There should be a palette of all available dyes and the individual pieces should be dyeable in the preview, but they are not. If you know what dye (or close) you are looking for, open the TP, search for that dye, right click and hit preview. it will add it to the first unused preview dye slot. This means that it will apply that dye to the first slot in ALL the current previewed items. hitting preview on another will add it to the next unused one NOT replace a current one.

I use this site. Once I get a dye thats close to what I want, I can go light or darker with the name from the charts. http://gw2.chillerlan.net/examples/gw2color.php

Yea its a bit of a pain and ANet really needs to add the dye palette to their preview system and allow for all the dye slots to be changed.

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

edit PS: The forum search feature’s been broken for years. Use google instead, it finds threads.

in google search “[your query] site:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum” it will act just like a forum wide search. change the url to get more specific.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I really appreciate the answers – they will let me ultimately do what I want. But these are work-arounds. What I don’t understand is why they didn’t design the Wardrobe to do these things? Being able to easily see things that you don’t have in the Wardrobe will encourage players to get these things. Not all players – especially newer players – are going to understand how to go through all these steps to see an outfit on their character.

Thanks for the search tips also

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You’re looking for the bank wardrobe, I guess anet want you to head back to town for serious outfit design

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com