How to become staff elementalist ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vpy.6183

vpy.6183

I am very new to this game.
TBH my total playtime in this game is about 30-40 mins.
My elementalist level 4 human.
I have been told that staff elementalist has high dmg..but I am not sure when i will be able to get this specialization ?.
Can someone tell me at what level I will get this spec on my elementalist profession ?

Posted by: Snarftastic.6709

Snarftastic.6709

You just buy/find and equip a staff to use its skills.

When you can duel wield, you can also try double dagger for a fun closer up type elementalist.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

You just need to equip a staff. You can get one on the trading post which is an icon at the top left corner and pick it up at a trading post merchant which is found in any town or starter area and indicated on the map with a weight scale. Or you can buy a level 1 staff I think from a weapon vender.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yeah, just buy a staff.
The skills will slowly unlock as you level up.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You’ll get a staff at level 6 from the level up rewards.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Staff ele is really good to use at range, if you like that playstyle. As you get more adept at using a staff, you’ll get better staves of higher levels along the way with more damage ability. After you’ll start making better armour (or buying it) with stats that further increase your damage, pertinent to the way that you play (berserker, condi, heals, etc.) then you’ll become more effective in combat.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Skills are weapon based, so equip any weapon your profession can and the 1-5 will change(4-5 unlock as you level). Staff is good later on, but is somewhat boring leveling. Might want to try other combinations while leveling, no downside to it other than a few inventory spots..

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Remember also, that the true offensive power of the staff ele lies in the fire attunement, which you won’t have immediate access to (if i remember correctly, been quite long since i levelled an ele last time). This too will unlock later, as you progress through levels.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am very new to this game.
TBH my total playtime in this game is about 30-40 mins.
My elementalist level 4 human.
I have been told that staff elementalist has high dmg..but I am not sure when i will be able to get this specialization ?.
Can someone tell me at what level I will get this spec on my elementalist profession ?

As others have said, the obvious thing is to first buy a staff.

Over time different levels will allow you to have more stuff: different attunements, more weapons skills, rare and exotic weapons …. you can look up what and when with /wiki level rewards. When you start the game you will have the fire attunement, which is a great place to start as it will deal the most damage.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

At lvl 4 you don’t need to worry about that stuff…just play what ever you find fun…learn the class…play all weapon sets and read the skills. Gl and hf

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Just a small tip to anyone starting elementalist: If you put your hero points into the air trait line, the first trait is Zephyr’s Speed which gives you a 25% movement speed increase while attuned to air. Alternatively, you can put some points into signets to get the signet of air, which does the same thing (but in any attunement). Since new players are usually moving around maps a lot, I find it to be helpful

And as others have said, your weapon choice isn’t a big deal at lower levels. I leveled with dagger/dagger for a bit on my newest ele. The skills cast faster and allowed me to hit more targets than staff. Even though staff ele is the most powerful, there will be times when other weapon sets are a better option so it’s a good idea to learn them all. Have fun!

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I mainly play as a staff elementalist, but while you’re leveling up, I recommend playing a bit of everything, just based on whatever weapons you pick up. Even if you settle on mainly using staff later, it’s good to know what dagger, offhand dagger, scepter, and focus have to offer. Staff is great, if you like the play style, but you don’t need to worry about your final build yet.

Welcome to Guild Wars 2~!

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Don’t worry about which build to run for the best damage while leveling. Try out various weapons and make sure whichever you use is fun for you. Leveling will happen regardless of if you’re building towards an endgame spec or not, and you’ll end up unlocking all your skills and traits anyway.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

First you have to apply for an elementalist internship, and study with an established elementalist. Prove yourself there and you can probably get your mentor to write you a letter of recommendation to keep on file for when you get your elemental degree.

After that, just apply to as many places as possible, and make sure you attach that letter to your resume when you do.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ