How to deal with QQer?

How to deal with QQer?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

QQer definition in here is someone who simple post “please nerd this class” “this class is so OP” without giving an invalid points or misinform points. Example: “Eles can outlive most of all class even in Bererker build” - LoL what??? So far, I understand that there will be an warning for those who call these people trolling, no brain,etc…However, for actual those QQer, what consequences they face when they are doing thing like that or spread out false rumour that can affect the whole community? I don’t know what Mod forum has in place for them but certainly not strong enough.I see more and more QQer like that recently and seems they are more aggressive and more aggressive.

So ladies and gentlements, what you have in your idea to suggest to Mods to deal with this problem? Vent yourself.

cheer

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

So .. this is a QQ thread QQ-ing about QQ-ers? o.O

How to deal with QQer?

Stealth.9324

Not really QQ,more like a constructive post about how to help mods reduce the number of QQer on the forum. And please read my definition of what I mean of QQer on my first post.Thanks.

I will start. Allow player to report the post simply stated “The class is not op,it is just Op” with no legit support in an Constructive post. Mods will sent those a warning and delete the post just like how they do at the moment. After three warning in a short period of time (1 months) for example, take away their right to post in 1 weeks. After three ban with no change in behaviour, enforce the ban by ban them for longer period of time or could lead to permamnent ban if need to. Ban only take away their right to post.

Thanks for reading

(edited by Stealth.9324)

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Everyone should feel free to express their opinion. The moderators are here to make sure folks are civil to one another, not to encourage or discourage a point of view. If you don’t agree with someone’s opinion, or you think they’ve said something false, post your opinion in response. Why get the moderators involved?

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: Starbird.4029

Starbird.4029

How exactly do you ‘nerd’ a class?

Also – if you have an opinion about balance and can phrase it in a coherent and constructive manner, you should post it. Worst case scenario – someone tells you why you are wrong.

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

Also – if you have an opinion about balance and can phrase it in a coherent and constructive manner, you should post it. Worst case scenario – someone tells you why you are wrong.

You forget…no one is ever wrong on the internet!

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Okay, but just so you know the last person that started a topic somewhat like this, it got shutdown.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

How to deal with QQer?

Stealth.9324

Everyone should feel free to express their opinion. The moderators are here to make sure folks are civil to one another, not to encourage or discourage a point of view. If you don’t agree with someone’s opinion, or you think they’ve said something false, post your opinion in response. Why get the moderators involved?

While I agree with you that everyone has totally right to express their feeling and you are correct that the mods are here to keep thing civils. Let me put in a scenario easier for you to understand:

“In a room where a group of people discussing about a matter and try to be constructive.One guy,named A walk in and said you are all stupid or the matter you are discussing is plain stupid. When being asked why,he simply answer because it is stupid. The group try to explain to him but simply A keep his opinion for the matter being stupid.One of the guy,named B in group ask him please don’t be stupid and leave the room. An officer walked in and give a warning to B for being uncivilised and it happened again,B not allow to enter the room anymore.While A standing there and say,that is it fork,his job here is done and simply leave the room with nothing bad happened to him? A is called as being civilised for expressing his “opinion” while B being warned for being rude toward him and get warning. Since there is no consequences for being civilise in such manner, A going from this room to that room and repeat."

Do you got my point here?

How to deal with QQer?

Stealth.9324

You forget…no one is ever wrong on the internet!

And that is why Mods is there to keep thing order.

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Happens all the time. But it still isn’t really possible to tell people they can’t express an opinion. The best way to handle it is to express an alternate opinion, and leave it at that. If you start calling people names, you’re going to get called out by the moderators…and rightly so.

So leave the name calling out of it, make your points without them and let the reasonable people watching decide which of you they’d rather believe.

How to deal with QQer?

Stealth.9324

Happens all the time. But it still isn’t really possible to tell people they can’t express an opinion. The best way to handle it is to express an alternate opinion, and leave it at that. If you start calling people names, you’re going to get called out by the moderators…and rightly so.

So leave the name calling out of it, make your points without them and let the reasonable people watching decide which of you they’d rather believe.

The thing even without calling out people name or you just indirect to do so, you are called out.While the guy who start it out remain safe…

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Well, here’s the thing:

If someone wants to post a simple statement saying that XYZ class is OP (particularly in respect to another class) and that is ALL they post, without any supporting data, details, etcetera, then their opinion is generally worth what we’ve all paid for it: nothing.

And in response to this question:

However, for actual those QQer, what consequences they face when they are doing thing like that or spread out false rumour that can affect the whole community?

the consequences usually are that they are ignored by any reasonably intelligent person who understands exactly how self-serving the “QQer” is acting.

I would venture to guess this also includes developers. Especially ones who are data driven. Like ANet.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

How to deal with QQer?

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not inviting to constructive discussion, nor providing feedback to the current issues & concerns, it is now closed.

Thank you.