How to explore Cantha or Elona?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Poisonwell.1209

Poisonwell.1209

What do you expect for a sequel or exp maybe Cantha or elona.

Lets dream for a seconds. Imagine we will have cantha or elona coming soon.

Finally the day is here and we have new map to explore, maybe a new class or even a new race and a few skills. Ok that sounds great BUT, how do you think we will explore this new continent?

Do you like yellow hearts or the new dry top mechanic events mixed with tier to get mats?

Im my opinion I like hearts, i cant imagine playing all new continent only doing events to get new armor or something :S

Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

No more hearts for sure if these are level 80 areas.

Poisonwell.1209

So basically we have a map = instance where we farm mats and do events that it?

We have 2 new maps atm.

Dry top = Get Geodes
Silver waster = Get Bandit Crest

So we have new currency in every new map?

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

If there was a new area I would like a few hearts. What I think they should do is avoid having, say, 18 easy missions and instead have 4 or 5 hearts that take skill to complete and are quite challenging. That way, new missions are not a grind or a bore but are interesting gameplay. It would also add a bit more recognition to the 100% map completion

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Poisonwell.1209

If we have this mechanic only, that clearly mean we never have an expansión, only maps through Living World.

Why add a new expansion with X number of maps if they all going to get same playable way.

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

If we have this mechanic only, that clearly mean we never have an expansión, only maps through Living World.

Why add a new expansion with X number of maps if they all going to get same playable way.

Isn’t it like that for every game?

I think the way Arena Net is doing it is actually better. Right now, it could use improvements, but the game is in a spot where it can do a lot of amazing things, some ideas including cross-map functionality.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

There’s one problem for me with hearts and all the other stuff. It’s sure fun the first time around, but even on my second toon it already felt like a drag. I think for the major part, at least for me, the problems lies in “checklist” mentality such world exploration structure have. You go from place to place, in a way being stuck in that one map until you’re done with it. Just as an example, in WoW at any given moment you have multiple destinations of where to go, no checklist structure to the zones, no completion to be done, you can leave at any moment, you don’t have to finish anything, to stick around even if you don’t feel like it anymore. It’s a very casual feeling and i must say i liked it a lot, it’s basically like a trip where you just stare out of the window on the passing landscape, there’s sense of a journey. And it’s like this for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time around as well. I’am not saying that’s what GW2 have to do, but just to give some perspective on some of the GW2’s questing/exploration system shortcomings. Technically ofcourse no one stops you from doing something like that in GW2 on your own, but obviousy that’s not quiet the same. So, i wouldn’t want hearts or zone completion stuff in future GW2 content. In that regard DT and Silverwastes are better imo. I’d rather have some long and rich on story quests and missions to be back from how it was in GW1.

(edited by wasted.6817)

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

If they add these, they will have to be complete areas. With hearts or long quests, new and many, different events, normal rewards not yet another useless new token to only give the illusion of being rewarded for what you do, a cool story leading to them and accompanying you as you explore further, interesting NPC to speak with, some nostalgia here and there and unique skins both for weapons and armors related to the area. AND they will have to be areas in which you can achieve things on your own, exploring on your own if you like it that way. Not areas in which to achieve anything good you need a huge amount of people, commanders willing to organize and 2h staring at the LFG to find the “ORGA CANTHA TAXI xxx COMs JOIN AND LEAVE”.
If they have to be another DT-SW model, I truly hope Cantha and Elona won’t be added to the game. Ever.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Poisonwell.1209

If they have to be another DT-SW model, I truly hope Cantha and Elona won’t be added to the game. Ever.

That is my real concern, we need at least mission or something to do. No only dinamic events, vistas and skill points.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

There’s one problem for me with hearts and all the other stuff. It’s sure fun the first time around, but even on my second toon it already felt like a drag. I think for the major part, at least for me, the problems lies in “checklist” mentality such world exploration structure have. You go from place to place, in a way being stuck in that one map until you’re done with it.

Hearts and events in the open world are fine, they simply lack suitable rewards. Dry Top and The Silverwastes would be deserted if playing in those zones wasn’t properly incentivized.

I’d argue that we wouldn’t even need an expansion if the rest of the world had similar rewards.