How to farm those platinum doubloon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

Q:

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how can i farm platinum doubloon? I wanted to get some but price is insane like1.8g.
Ty

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Park some low level alts at the end of various jumping puzzles. I can’t remember the level range but I’m sure someone will follow up with my post and list it.

The easiest, unfortunately, is to farm gold and purchase off the TP. That’s how I got most of mine.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

EDIT to Remove unrelated Silver comment.

Sorry, forgot that they added a use for Platinum ones.

Server: Devona’s Rest

(edited by mtpelion.4562)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

You can make an appropriate range char and park it at a chest but the far faster way is to earn gold and buy them. I have a char parked at a chest and I only get a silver doubloon about once every 5 to 6 days. You can do your dailies and get one every day.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Made around 50 of them yesterday forging some of the nuggest/lumps/shards I had sitting around in the bank yesterday.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Funny how nearly everybody except the OP is talking about silver and not platinum doubloons.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Khisanth.2948

I got zero silver doubloons from forging :P

Wanze.8410

You got platinum doubloons from forging nuggets and shards?

Khisanth.2948

I don’t remember the exact combinations of nuggets/lumps/shards and it wasn’t really consistent between forges but yes and of course some of the results from those were also thrown in.

I think the initial set of nuggets and lumps only gave me more gold than platinum while including shards gave more platinum than gold but there were other factors I wasn’t keeping very careful track of like initial input size.

Wanze.8410

I don’t remember the exact combinations of nuggets/lumps/shards and it wasn’t really consistent between forges but yes and of course some of the results from those were also thrown in.

I think the initial set of nuggets and lumps only gave me more gold than platinum while including shards gave more platinum than gold but there were other factors I wasn’t keeping very careful track of like initial input size.

Well, I double, checked, platinum doubloons are t4, so yo should be able to forge them with lumps (rare chance) and shards (better chance) but not wiith nuggets.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

Funny how nearly everybody except the OP is talking about silver and not platinum doubloons.

because Silver are needed to be farmed for a Legendary, and Platinums are used for exactly nothing that requires them en masse

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Park a level 50-ish character at Jumping Puzzzles for RNG chance of plat doubloon. Forging is also an option but RNG/effort etc.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

because Silver are needed to be farmed for a Legendary, and Platinums are used for exactly nothing that requires them en masse

you need quite a bit of them if you raid all the time.

im bad at sarcasm

Khisanth.2948

The bountiful utility consumables uses 3 platinum doubloons each. It’s almost as bad as playing WvW …

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Platinum Doubloons are a pretty common product of throwing 4 T4 gemstones into the forge. It’s the best use of T4 gemstones AFAIK, and has reasonable profit per time.