How to fix Tequatl and 3 headed wurm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scorze.1056

Scorze.1056

The way these two bosses are right now have no place in the game imo. Asking a lot of times random people in the zone (not all of which are fighting the bosses mind you) to be able to cooperate and all know the strategy perfectly is a bit too much. It’s almost impossible for people who play solo or in a small group to defeat these bosses unless they get super lucky and land on a great overflow. The way things are right now is not fair at all. What I suggest is that there would be some kind of queue for these bosses and you get a daily try (or can just earn the reward once a day as it is now). Of course, level 80s only and possibly some kind of weapon/armor requirement. Finally, before you all jump at me and say that I’m just a casual, I want to remind you that you can only contribute so much to these bossfights on your own or with a 5-man party. Also, I’m not asking for any kind of nerfs to them, I just want the boss fights to be more organised since they do require a significant amount of organisation themselves. A lot of people, including myself, have long since stopped trying to defeat them as it has little to no point.
Of course, you can think of other ways to fix them but please take some measures!

(edited by Scorze.1056)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

These two bosses were specifically added for people who want the challenge of organising a group to defeat them.

There are in fact significant numbers of people who do fight these bosses on a regular basis, and succeed. And they love doing it. At the moment they don’t have anything else in the game that offers that level of challenge, whereas more casual players who want to play solo or in smaller groups have a huge number of options.

I haven’t been able to beat either, and I’ve rarely made a serious attempt (I think once for the wurm and twice for tequatl) because I’m not interested in devoting that much time to fighting one boss.

But that doesn’t bother me at all because I don’t need to be able to beat them. All I’m missing out on is some achievements and possibly some unique skins (I’m not sure if they’re tradeable or not because I haven’t looked).

So as far as I’m concerned there is no reason to ruin other peoples fun when there is already more than enough for small groups to do.

Also I don’t understand how a queue system would help organisation. Wouldn’t that just means you’re forced into a group with whoever queued up at the same time you did, instead of being able to form and organise your own group?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Scorze.1056

These two bosses were specifically added for people who want the challenge of organising a group to defeat them.

There are in fact significant numbers of people who do fight these bosses on a regular basis, and succeed. And they love doing it. At the moment they don’t have anything else in the game that offers that level of challenge, whereas more casual players who want to play solo or in smaller groups have a huge number of options.

I haven’t been able to beat either, and I’ve rarely made a serious attempt (I think once for the wurm and twice for tequatl) because I’m not interested in devoting that much time to fighting one boss.

But that doesn’t bother me at all because I don’t need to be able to beat them. All I’m missing out on is some achievements and possibly some unique skins (I’m not sure if they’re tradeable or not because I haven’t looked).

So as far as I’m concerned there is no reason to ruin other peoples fun when there is already more than enough for small groups to do.

Also I don’t understand how a queue system would help organisation. Wouldn’t that just means you’re forced into a group with whoever queued up at the same time you did, instead of being able to form and organise your own group?

I don’t see how a queue system would ruin their fun, they still get to make their groups, they just need to enter a queue and get into an instanced version of the map with a party or maybe something bigger like a squad so they can bring all their friends? Then they would join other people and parties. Believe me, it will be leagues better for everyone, not just me and the people who couldn’t do it. I don’t know, I’m not a dev, I’m sure that anet can figure it out though, if they decide to take some of their time. I want to experience the whole game, I get that you don’t and I respect that but I do (and a lot of people I’ve read on map chat). It wouldn’t ruin anybody’s fun, they’re the same bosses.

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

I haven’t done Tequatl or Wurm with pugs, so keep that in mind.

These bosses seem like they’ve just been thrown into open world with no thought behind it. The rewards are RNG based, so it doesn’t matter if you’re doing it daily, you’re not worthy of a reward. You can’t get your entire group to the boss fight easily either. Activating the world boss daily using a guild is too expensive. Pugs have no chance. It’s bad all around.

It’s like they don’t even check out their content after they release it. Game-breaking bugs are fixed, boss-breaking bugs are left behind (Teq invis bug still in after over 4 months). Unless their boss tells them to work on something it’s left untouched.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Dont fix what isnt broken about world bosses.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

The only thing not working right there is the rewards.

The mechanics are quite good, and they are there exaclty for ppl that want large scale of organization events. We even have a lot of guild specialized into those sort of events.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Consequently, what is broken should be fixed.

Though instead of OP’s queue/separate instance idea, i’d rather see it scale better – and not with the best geared level 80 experienced players used as a basis.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Scorze.1056

It’s exactly the fact that they are awesome bosses that makes me want to actually be able to fight them. But I guess because some of the players like organising events, the rest of us get nothing. It’s not even the rewards, they’re probably bad as was said earlier. It’s the awesome bosses that anet spent their time on and that might as well not be in the game for A LOT of people. It’s stuff like this that creates the constant complaints that we aren’t getting any content.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

yea they r fine the way they are they are not too hard i do them every day

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

I don’ even. What the hell is OP talking about?
I see pugs and zerg without teamspeak doing Teq every day.
Successfuly (inb4 “omg not possible”). It’s a lot of fun, btw.
I can see some problems with Wurm, but, for kittens sake, there should be at least one boss in this game for people who like hardcore organisation.
What we need the least now is another Shatterer, Modniir or Golem Mk II (facepalm).
Actually, I hope Anet will bring them to the level of Teq, ot at least closer to it, so that zerglings will actually have to do something instead of standing at 1200 range completely safe with some minor inconvenience for a few seconds at best and spamming AA for 5 mins .

Posted by: Ghost Nightstalker.7163

Ghost Nightstalker.7163

Well I used to do wurm and teq daily. But with the current hoping to get in the same instance as my guildies I just dont bother anymore. Within seconds a map gets hardcapped and you end up on a map thats fails more often. Just make them instanced!

And no they should not be made easier we need more content like them we have enough mind numbing auto attack spam bosses. People that complain that they are too hard. Well yes they are ment to be hard for pugs! Try joining an organised group get on ts and learn the event and suddenly it isnt so hard anymore.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Though instead of OP’s queue/separate instance idea, i’d rather see it scale better – and not with the best geared level 80 experienced players used as a basis.

This. I have no problem with Teq/Triple Wurm remaining in its current state as a challenge for large, organised guilds, but it really, REALLY sucks to get stuck in a map with too few people to do it. (Or worse, if you queued in the map for an hour or more, only to get disconnected at some point, or the map zerg hops to another map and you can’t follow them quickly enough. An hour’s game time wasted is a big ask.)

I really don’t see why Teq/Wurm couldn’t scale down better so they could be completed by, say, a group of 10 – 20 (for Teq) and 30 – 60 (for Wurm) who are experienced with the roles that need to be done. Difficulty does not necessarily mean “you must have this number of people to participate”.

The scaling technology was, and still is, one of the best and most amazing features of GW2. To have it absent from the mega-bosses is really bewildering.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I really don’t see why Teq/Wurm couldn’t scale down better so they could be completed by, say, a group of 10 – 20 (for Teq) and 30 – 60 (for Wurm) who are experienced with the roles that need to be done. Difficulty does not necessarily mean “you must have this number of people to participate”.

Because Teq and THW are not “meta” bosses. They are World bosses meant to purposely be difficult to beat with an inexperienced group, and impossible to beat with a lack of numbers. Scaling down the event will not be done. Nor should it be done.

Being a challenge for experienced players is a must in this game. Dumb it down too much and it becomes boring. If they removed the predictability of Teq’s attacks, it would still be challenging. If you want a low-count boss to fight, there are plenty available. Teq and THW should remain untouched aside from bug fixes, like Teq chain burning glitch (which Anet claimed to fix, it’s not), and the spontaneous and random descaling of THW (which Anet claimed to fix, it’s not).

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The way these two bosses are right now have no place in the game imo. Asking a lot of times random people in the zone (not all of which are fighting the bosses mind you) to be able to cooperate and all know the strategy perfectly is a bit too much. It’s almost impossible for people who play solo or in a small group to defeat these bosses unless they get super lucky and land on a great overflow. The way things are right now is not fair at all. What I suggest is that there would be some kind of queue for these bosses and you get a daily try (or can just earn the reward once a day as it is now). Of course, level 80s only and possibly some kind of weapon/armor requirement. Finally, before you all jump at me and say that I’m just a casual, I want to remind you that you can only contribute so much to these bossfights on your own or with a 5-man party. Also, I’m not asking for any kind of nerfs to them, I just want the boss fights to be more organised since they do require a significant amount of organisation themselves. A lot of people, including myself, have long since stopped trying to defeat them as it has little to no point.
Of course, you can think of other ways to fix them but please take some measures!

TTS kills Teq and the Wurm multiple times daily. If you really want to get a feel for the action, you’re free to join in with us. With over 300 TTS guildies in TS and countless Pugs each time we go, we usually run multiple maps. I think we had 5 Teq maps running the other day. The most Wurm maps I’ve seen is 3.

Otherwise, I’m sorry to say, these events aren’t for you Casual players. This is only for the highly organized groups. You need strategy and coordination to win. Random pugs getting together without a plan or voice coms is a guaranteed fail.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Zaxares.5419

Because Teq and THW are not “meta” bosses. They are World bosses meant to purposely be difficult to beat with an inexperienced group, and impossible to beat with a lack of numbers. Scaling down the event will not be done. Nor should it be done.

Being a challenge for experienced players is a must in this game. Dumb it down too much and it becomes boring. If they removed the predictability of Teq’s attacks, it would still be challenging. If you want a low-count boss to fight, there are plenty available. Teq and THW should remain untouched aside from bug fixes, like Teq chain burning glitch (which Anet claimed to fix, it’s not), and the spontaneous and random descaling of THW (which Anet claimed to fix, it’s not).

I agree with you completely on the first portion (difficult, if not impossible, to beat with an inexperienced group), but I disagree on the second portion (you must have X players to participate). The fundamental challenges of the Teq/Wurm encounter lie in the coordination and everybody performing their roles correctly. Beyond that, it’s just a matter of the Megaboss having insanely scaled up health and overleveled adds.

I think it’s frankly quite telling that the difference between “skin of your teeth” kills and “we killed Teq/Wurm with minutes to spare!” is always down to “did we spam Embers/Whistles/Mortars/Turrets?” That tells me that it’s basically just down to extra DPS, not out of any particular skill or effort from players. What’s the challenge in an encounter that’s made much easier just because lots of players spammed potions/summons?

A challenging boss fight should fail because the players screwed up somewhere (didn’t defend Turrets properly, did not properly coordinate the decapitations at the same time), not because you had X less people than the map cap or because people didn’t bring enough potions.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I agree with you completely on the first portion (difficult, if not impossible, to beat with an inexperienced group), but I disagree on the second portion (you must have X players to participate). The fundamental challenges of the Teq/Wurm encounter lie in the coordination and everybody performing their roles correctly. Beyond that, it’s just a matter of the Megaboss having insanely scaled up health and overleveled adds.

I think it’s frankly quite telling that the difference between “skin of your teeth” kills and “we killed Teq/Wurm with minutes to spare!” is always down to “did we spam Embers/Whistles/Mortars/Turrets?” That tells me that it’s basically just down to extra DPS, not out of any particular skill or effort from players. What’s the challenge in an encounter that’s made much easier just because lots of players spammed potions/summons?

A challenging boss fight should fail because the players screwed up somewhere (didn’t defend Turrets properly, did not properly coordinate the decapitations at the same time), not because you had X less people than the map cap or because people didn’t bring enough potions.

I’m guessing you don’t kill the Wurm often. You can have all the Fire Eles Powers and Ogre Whistles you want, but if one person isn’t in the correct position, it can ruin the whole run. So if 149+ players in the map all know what to do, all it takes is a single pug not following directions to pull the Wurm Head the wrong way, and you get an epic fail.

To sum it up, you need to DPS properly. Big difference from just having DPS.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I’m guessing you don’t kill the Wurm often. You can have all the Fire Eles Powers and Ogre Whistles you want, but if one person isn’t in the correct position, it can ruin the whole run. So if 149+ players in the map all know what to do, all it takes is a single pug not following directions to pull the Wurm Head the wrong way, and you get an epic fail.

The only fails now are because the condi teams could not keep the husks away from the burn, placing bombs somehow becomes disorganized or as Smooth Penguin pointed out someone not listening and pulling the wurm head all over the place instead of getting solid DPS. Pet whistles and powders do help but they are not the main thing that gets the event done.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I’ve never did Wurm, but please don’t touch Teq! He needs no “fixing”, he’s just fine! I did him 4 times so far, 3 out of 4 successful and I already have my title. In fact, now that I know a bit about what’s the strategy for it, I’d even say that he’s not even remotely as hard as people describe him to be.

The one fight that we lost against him was probably the biggest fail in Teq attempts – at the end of the 25% defense phase, people begun heading back to the landing site at the 20ish second as usual; problem was that no one noticed how quickly the East battery was dropping therefore exactly 1-2 seconds before the laser was charged, we lost it. We only had 2 minutes to kill him and 1 minute of them was lost in trying to run all the way back to him since we got wiped.

So yea, Teq is quite easy actually. I find Jormag to be far more difficult.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anything is easy if all the players know what to do. The knowing part is the factor you can’t control when dealing with 150 players on a map.

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

The rewards for these world bosses are not special like some may think. They’re in the game more so for a challenge for people that simply want the challenge and having a reason to organize a boss fight. Any world boss “can” drop a precursor. Teq and 3 Wurm also give more chests, more rewards and a chance at an ascended chest to open but much of it is no better than what can be obtained from champ farming.

If someone wants to try to get an ascended drop, FOTM is perfect for that and it’s only a 5 person set of dungeons so that’s easy to get a proper group for. Crafting ascended gear is very easy and not even that time consuming aside from a few time gated items to craft which slows it down slightly.

For anyone that does not get to kill these 2 world bosses, you’re not missing out on something special. I’ve gotten some ascended weapon chests from Teq before, one being spire of the sunless. I’m using this as an example because it’s simply rabid stats which can be crafted and the color is almost identical to that which is crafted so the only difference there is the name of the item.

I think Anet needs dungeons to go along with FOTM but simply design them so people can’t do their boring stacking on this wall, on that boss and spam skills and auto attack. I’d like to see new dungeons designed to require actual effort. I like FOTM but the randomness is annoying at times when it gives a map or two far too many times day after day.

The other day, 2 days in a row the dredge map was one of them and the swamp also. I’d like to be able to select which maps to do on each fotm run just so it can be different since I don’t usually run it daily anymore, not for a long time.

Far as the world bosses go such as Teq and Wurms, they’re just fine. There’s no insanely special rewards, better rewards yes but nothing to care about much so those bosses are fine for the challenge. The bosses that need some work done I would think are Maw, Jungle Wurm, FE, Shatterer, Karka Queen. Sure those have pre-events but once the boss fight starts it’s a short fight and largely people auto attacking.

The world bosses should never have been easy but they are. They should be challenging content because they’re insanely huge bosses. They shouldn’t be virtual punching bags so to speak for people to auto attack and collect loot from. I hope Anet works on all of the world bosses to make them at least as difficult as Teq.

Jormag is about the only original boss that was good and has remained good. There’s plenty going on with Jormag but it’s easy enough for any random zerg of people to complete. The other bosses really need to be improved and made more difficult and of course improve rewards.

This daily routine I see of people rushing from world boss to champ type world boss to this boss to that world boss just to collect their junk loot in hopes for something good, well this needs to be changed. It’s completely pointless right now. Teq is a very easy and simple world boss to kill if people pays attention, learns the fight and actually tries. If people use the WP when dead, if those on turrets do their part and everyone pays attention while defending then the fight can be smooth and easy and won every single time unless there are not enough people for it.

Zaxares.5419

The only fails now are because the condi teams could not keep the husks away from the burn, placing bombs somehow becomes disorganized or as Smooth Penguin pointed out someone not listening and pulling the wurm head all over the place instead of getting solid DPS. Pet whistles and powders do help but they are not the main thing that gets the event done.

Exactly! The fight failed because people screwed up; this is exactly what I’ve been saying and advocating for.

My point about the Embers etc. is that all they really do is help burn down the massive overscaled HP of Teq/Wurm faster, thereby making the different between a last second kill and a “minutes to spare” kill. That’s not really challenging, any more than having the Shaman/Caledon Wurm being massive HP punching bags that result in the zerg spending 3 minutes mashing 1 instead of 30 seconds mashing 1 was “challenging”.

The challenge of Tequatl/Triple Wurm can be preserved at lower numbers of people as at higher numbers; the encounter just needs to scale properly to take it into account. As Penguin said, all it takes is one person sending the Wurm off into the ocean or into the middle of the valley to mess up the fight, whether it’s with 30 people or 60 people.

For the record, I’ve been to 5 Wurm kills, out of about 14 total attempts with TTS. As a side note, I’ve noticed that success rates have gone up dramatically since the Megaserver’s introduction too.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Anything is easy if all the players know what to do. The knowing part is the factor you can’t control when dealing with 150 players on a map.

That’s why there should be people who would explain the strategy to the rest and try to organize it for the rest. Just throw in some useful advice and hope for the best.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Exactly! The fight failed because people screwed up; this is exactly what I’ve been saying and advocating for.

My point about the Embers etc. is that all they really do is help burn down the massive overscaled HP of Teq/Wurm faster, thereby making the different between a last second kill and a “minutes to spare” kill. That’s not really challenging, any more than having the Shaman/Caledon Wurm being massive HP punching bags that result in the zerg spending 3 minutes mashing 1 instead of 30 seconds mashing 1 was “challenging”.

The challenge of Tequatl/Triple Wurm can be preserved at lower numbers of people as at higher numbers; the encounter just needs to scale properly to take it into account. As Penguin said, all it takes is one person sending the Wurm off into the ocean or into the middle of the valley to mess up the fight, whether it’s with 30 people or 60 people.

For the record, I’ve been to 5 Wurm kills, out of about 14 total attempts with TTS. As a side note, I’ve noticed that success rates have gone up dramatically since the Megaserver’s introduction too.

Success is higher after megaserver with the final wurm’s head having about 75% health compared to before. They reduced the health either the patch before mega or 2 patches before mega.

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

The one fight that we lost against him was probably the biggest fail in Teq attempts – at the end of the 25% defense phase, people begun heading back to the landing site at the 20ish second as usual; problem was that no one noticed how quickly the East battery was dropping therefore exactly 1-2 seconds before the laser was charged, we lost it. We only had 2 minutes to kill him and 1 minute of them was lost in trying to run all the way back to him since we got wiped.

So yea, Teq is quite easy actually. I find Jormag to be far more difficult.

Hail the server that failed at less than 1% on the days after Teq came out back when he was actually hard. Let’s not exagerate with Jormag, same level as Svanir’s shaman with higher hp.

Teq is fine because it’s been nerfed. People don’t need organisation anymore. Turrets defenders, DPS groups, turrets, there we go, as long as the turrets don’t screw up you just pack up and dps while jumping (if you’re not in the blank spot…), or you smash the mobs to defend the turrets. The whole event is based on what 6 people will do which is a really bad design and has been pointed out since the very day it came out ; however, now that Teq is by far easier than when it came out, this is less of a problem. Though I’m pretty sad this is as it is. It should be a very difficult boss, but it can’t, because game designer themselves messed up, AND because we would face the same problem as we now face with the wurm.

Well actually wurm is even worse, people actually need to do things while being organized when Tequatl was mainly about 6 people having to know. So, guild specialized in killing it find an empty server, bring all their friends, easy peasy. The others, well… well nope, simply put. They won’t get it. Because this needs a hell lot of organization, but the game itself doesn’t offer the tools for it. No voip = teamspeak needed = lazy people won’t download and will go like “yeah w/e I’ll just do the same as them”. No instance = map caps with people playing on the rest of the map and not actually doing the event, plus the scaling is bad (instance is exactly what was wanted at Teq before nerf and that is even more crucial with wurm).

So, ya. Even if you’re able to do it with a few pug, that leave a big majority of the players that won’t be able to do it ; and you’re still doing it with hundreds of people on TS that are used to do it. But it is not attractive for the others. The rewards need to be RNG based of course, but yet, finding a server that has the least chance, even 1%, is harder and longer than doing the fight. That’s why an instancied fight has been asked. So if there’s a wurm killing guild only on EU servers I’m still all up for it, hey, if you can send me a pm for that I’d be all glad, really. But as I can’t find one it seems I’m bound to not be able to do it unless extremely lucky, as much as I try, since there is so few servers actually trying. Sad kitty is sad.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

(edited by AnAspieKitten.5732)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Uhm that was actually the way the rest of us felt when the cries for harder mobs started coming in from people who wanted raids in this game who didn’t want to settle for instances and as a result ruined the casual zones for other players.

Teq and Wurm were fine how they were before, if these players wanted harder content they could have easily asked for instanced content to be added to fractals or some other instanced event that didn’t mess with the rest of the community. It was very selfish of them to change something the rest of us actually had fun doing weekly for a niche group.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

The way I see it, there’s nothing wrong with difficult content that requires coordination. The problem is that it’s hard to coordinate on such a large scale with the megaserver system as it is now, because for an organized group to all get onto the same map would be nearly impossible. You’re now tossed in with pugs from different servers who may not even speak the same language as you in some cases.

While there are instances where people do succeed against Tequatl – for example – even with pugs, failure seems to happen much more consistently, at least from my own experiences every time I’ve attempted the boss. This failure trend creates a sense of frustration amongst players who end up feeling like the effort involved is not worth the reward. Even for me, the few times I have succeeded against Tequatl I’ve mostly gotten sub-par gear that I could have just as easily gotten from a far easier world boss like Shadow Behemoth, so I end up asking myself why I even bother.

Unfortunately, you can’t control how people play and when you do events on such a large scale, success or failure depends on the whims of the masses. I personally believe that difficult, coordinated battles should be limited to instances with smaller parties involved, such as the likes of dungeons or fractals. However, if people do want coordinated battles on a larger scale, then there should at least be a means to join it as an instance (as some have suggested) so at the very least, a guild can organize coordinated events rather than just joining a map and hoping for the best. What would be cool is if guilds got an upgrade that allowed them to create an instance for a particular boss, that becomes available during the bosses spawn timer window. It could be set that only people who are in that guild, or who are in a party with a member from that guild, can go into that instance. This ensures that an organized group will all end up on the same map together. (This is just one possible solution, but I’m sure there are many alternatives). The only issue with that is that people who are not part of large guilds still end up losing out, which is part of why I feel that battles like Tequatl and the three headed wurm end up being really limiting to players and could do with a change altogether.

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Problems with Tequatl? Read the following guide:

http://dulfy.net/2013/09/21/gw2-tequatl-the-sunless-strategy-guide/

Can´t be bothered with 5 minutes of reading? Then you simple don´t deserve it!
Same goes for Wurm!
I stopped commanding runs for Pugs. It´s just not worth the grey hairs.

As for those that want to do it with an organized group:
There are plenty out there. Both for Tequatl and Wurm. Just look for it.
Almost every Server has it´s own Tequatl guild (even language based ones for those unwilling to learn english).
For Wurm there are also at least five alliances still doing it on an daily basis.
Both on NA and EU.
Don´t want to join any of them? Then stop complaining.
There is more than enough content for the autohit 1 afk players in this game.
Don´t mess with those who are willing to go one step further.

P.s. we did ask for Anet to make it instanced, they did not give a kitten.

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Now I will say specifically the OP mentioned that how much can one player and their single party contribute. For example at Teq we divide ourselves into two defense squads for the two turret ends. Each squad only consists of a single party and we do it quite well. You’d be surprised how much a single player can contribute in a world boss fight.

cheshader.5081

That’s why there should be people who would explain the strategy to the rest and try to organize it for the rest. Just throw in some useful advice and hope for the best.

That’s what I see at successful Teq kills.

For Wurm there are also at least five alliances still doing it on an daily basis.
Both on NA and EU.

TxS does not recruit anymore though.

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Actually we do from time to time, just keep an eye out on our subreddit.
Next one will open soon.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You’d be surprised how much a single player can contribute in a world boss fight.

I wouldn’t. I already know that 2-3 players can easily make the win into a fail without even working hard at it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Experienced players explain things all the time before Teq and Wurm.
The problem is randoms do not follow commands!!

All the randoms do is spam mapchat with “Is this an organised attempt?” before the events. Then proceed to go AFK and/or ignore instructions. Best are the ones who think they know better and start arguing with commanders. We see this every time TxS does Teq and Wurm.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

cheshader.5081

Oh, those types… Especially if you end up on a map with freshly arrived world boss train. Dat zerg mentality. Megazergers always complain about ‘not enough dps’ no matter what was the real reason of their fail.
Defense phase fail because people left for dps too early/no one was stomping holes or 90% just went to megalaser? ‘Not enough dps’
Turrets get obliterated because “defense” team was kitten ing among the turrets instead of killing mobs where they spawn? ‘Not enough dps’
No one was killing fingers? ‘Not enough dps’
Bone wall? ‘Not enough dps!’
Holy. Kitten. Hell.

My favorite was: “we had not enough dps so next time all mesmers, thieves and rangers should leave”.

(edited by cheshader.5081)

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

I’ve yet to defeat Tequatl and I’ve gotten quite frustrated as a result of that, but I disagree with making any changes. I like the fact that Tequatl and Triple Trouble are actually challenging. When I finally get all of the relevant achievements it’ll actually feel like I’ve accomplished something. We have more than enough bosses that are literally a matter of standing around spamming your 1-skill in order to kill. Truth be told we need more Tequatl’s!

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Now I will say specifically the OP mentioned that how much can one player and their single party contribute. For example at Teq we divide ourselves into two defense squads for the two turret ends. Each squad only consists of a single party and we do it quite well. You’d be surprised how much a single player can contribute in a world boss fight.

This is especially felt in wurms attempts. Being short a condition party member puts a big burden on the remaining four given how spread out the party has to be to manage husks on Cobalt. On Crimson and Amber it’s not so bad since the battlefield is more contained but you can definitely feel the difference on Cobalt.

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Actually, i can get both these bosses done everyday by following the EU community TeamSpeak and their great commanders. Even more, i’m actually co-organizing (in coordination with people and commanders from every french servers) trys every week for the French community, that are actually quite successfull (Tequatl is killed every time, the wurm a bit less, but still done). These bosses are really easy if every one is going to put down the effort to kill them. That means, get on TeamSpeak, get the right optimized stuff and builds, pick things like fire elemental powder, and follow the commanders organizing it. If you are on EU and not able to get it done, you are doing something terribly wrong PERIOD.

The only little flaw there would be is not to be able to create a particular instance of the map only for people doing the Wurm. But actually, we manage to create a special overflow to get at least the 150 people on the TeamSpeak.

There is one thing to actually fix though, that would be some bugs on achievements for the Wurm and the bug when Tequatl is not going in defense phase when he should. But that’s not something that’s really blocking.

(sorry for my English, not my native language)

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

Problems with Tequatl? Read the following guide:

http://dulfy.net/2013/09/21/gw2-tequatl-the-sunless-strategy-guide/

Can´t be bothered with 5 minutes of reading? Then you simple don´t deserve it!
Same goes for Wurm!
I stopped commanding runs for Pugs. It´s just not worth the grey hairs.

As for those that want to do it with an organized group:
There are plenty out there. Both for Tequatl and Wurm. Just look for it.
Almost every Server has it´s own Tequatl guild (even language based ones for those unwilling to learn english).
Both on NA and EU.
Don´t want to join any of them? Then stop complaining.
There is more than enough content for the autohit 1 afk players in this game.
Don´t mess with those who are willing to go one step further.

P.s. we did ask for Anet to make it instanced, they did not give a kitten.

I’m doing wurm pretty much daily on eu since a while now. I didn’t count, but I think I’ve had about 80-100 kills or so and had a blast doing the specialist tasks (deboofing/condi).
what I don’t have a blast with is trying to get onto the map by trying to join a taxi on an already capped or bottlenecked instance. or having randoms deliberately or accidentally failing the run (there are troll tactics which I won’t go into but you can reliably stop amber from reaching a dps phase) – I never asked to be grouped with people not on teamspeak, but ANet decided we should have no control over who gets into our maps.

to a lesser extent same goes for teq. no matter I can keep my bloodlust stacks from the start without going down, no matter how smartly I place my feedbacks on fingers to avoid poison spills or get abominations away from the zerg using pulls. if everybody played about this well teq would be easy – as it is, if I manage to get onto a guild overflow. most of the time, I don’t and I get put with random people, half of which are afk-ing.

yes, I agree, people who don’t want to learn the encounters don’t deserve even the meager rewards they offer. but why do I get punished for other peoples laziness? that’s the main problem with megaservers and non-instanced worldbosses. if we have 300 people in a channel in teamspeak, we should get 2 instances full of our people. but right now, we maybe get 80 in three instances and the rest gets scattered about. then we taxi and hope to get decent numbers up, all the while randoms are being put on ‘our’ maps without anything we can do about it.

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

The problem with both of these events is the number of people they’re balanced about in relation to the population cap of the zone. Tequatl cannot be defeated if the zone isn’t soft-capped, there’s simply not enough people damaging him. Jungle Wurm pretty much can’t be defeated unless the zone is hard-capped.

This was an annoyance, but not that terrible a problem, back in the old system. Organized groups wanting to do these events just had to hop from one overflow to another until they got an empty or mostly empty one, taxi in, and go from there.

The megaserver system has pretty much ruined it. Forming up for Tequatl usually means starting an hour before the fight, and spending the next 40 minutes trying to get in a hundred people in the organization before the zone caps. The difficulty isn’t the fight themselves, the difficulty is having to work and play with the server system just to get the numbers you need to beat the events. The events are designed just fine the way they are, it’s the tuning that’s the problem, the fact that these events were tuned around numbers of people that require so much dancing with the overflow/megaserver system.

What they need to do, what they should have done from the start, and what they -especially- should have done prior to the megaserver switch, is instance these fights. Put in a way so that someone can generate a closed instance that overflow/megaserver people won’t be randomly assigned to, that people can get in only by taxi-ing, or being in the same guild, or whatever specific mechanic is settled upon.

Moving forward with any other large-scale events that they implement, they need to make sure to tune them around realistic numbers. Not ‘realistic’ as in ‘TTS can field 250 people, the hard cap is 150, so we’ll balance it around the 150 max’, but ‘realistic’ as in ‘The map soft-caps at 100. We can expect 25 or 30 or so to be off running heart quests, so we’ll balance it around 75 people, that way an organized run can form up before having to start using the back door.’

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The problem with both of these events is the number of people they’re balanced about in relation to the population cap of the zone. Tequatl cannot be defeated if the zone isn’t soft-capped, there’s simply not enough people damaging him. Jungle Wurm pretty much can’t be defeated unless the zone is hard-capped.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

I have successfully done Tequatl with 45 players and Wurm with 110 players.
These numbers are far below any cap limits.

Map caps have nothing to do with this.
The problem is too many unorganised randoms showing up at these events having no clue about how these event work and cannot be kitten d to find out and follow instructions.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver