How to gain Gold faster in this game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lockon.5312

Lockon.5312

Its been past 8 months since I last logged into the game. Today I decided to play again and one thing that I have noticed is the decrease of Gold gain in dungeons. Back then running dungeons was a great thing to do but now at most you’d get 1 Gold Secured per run ( not including the other items such as drops etc ) at most you’d really just get 2g or less per run.

I feel awkward asking or even saying this but what or how do you gain gold ( not by buying from other people ) in this game at the current time? ANET seems to be removing a lot of the Gold Sink ( minus the Trade Post registration fee ) but there’s no clear window as to where would one get their gold from. I’m not asking for a place or what not where you’d get rich almost instantly but what I want to know is how does one earn gold in this game now that ANET just keeps hammering and stomping areas where players would get gold legitimately ?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

You don’t now.

The only way to get gold at a reasonable (and legal) rate now is to exchange real world money for gems and then gems for gold.

As of today you can buy 1 gold for .16 cents from Anet’s gems. Sorry.

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Lol! Prophet……….nope

Dungeons are a good source. Also Fractals. Demand on everything is up now, so selling materials is good money.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Prophet.6257

Lol! Prophet……….nope

Dungeons are a good source. Also Fractals. Demand on everything is up now, so selling materials is good money.

Dungeons? You can’t be serious. 1-3 gold a run. pssh

Material farms aren’t bad but very time consuming not exactly the most exciting thing to do. Although the exploration aspect of it could be cool I suppose.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The people who say you can’t make gold in this game obviously don’t know how to make gold in this game.

It’s like asking a beggar how to be rich.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Lol! Prophet……….nope

Material farms aren’t bad but very time consuming not exactly the most exciting thing to do. Although the exploration aspect of it could be cool I suppose.

Yes dungeons are a good source, it’s a constant rate per day of gold, if you can get a well coordinated group you can easily do Arah P1-P2 and AC P1 or P3 in around an hour, that is 7.5 gold just for an hour (plus any drops).

And in an additional hour you can do CoF P1-P2, CoE P1-P3, another 5 gold. It might not be the fastest, but it’s a good way to earn some gold in a short amount of time.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Prophet.6257

Ok Lockon here is the secret.

Go play the trading post. If you can, get your guild together and manipulate the market like Team Legacy did when the game first launched. That should net you a lot of coin and screw as many people in the community as possible. If you want to do it legit just watch items on 3rd party sites that track those sort of things.

This should help you get started:

Track Profit Margins:
http://www.tpcalc.com/

Historical and Current Market Analysis:
http://www.gw2spidy.com/

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Lol! Prophet……….nope

Yes dungeons are a good source, it’s a constant rate per day of gold, if you can get a well coordinated group you can easily do Arah P1-P2 and AC P1 or P3 in around an hour, that is 7.5 gold just for an hour (plus any drops).

And in an additional hour you can do CoF P1-P2, CoE P1-P3, another 5 gold. It might not be the fastest, but it’s a good way to earn some gold in a short amount of time.

This^

As a rule of thumb, I do 2 dungeon paths a day and then whatever I find the most fun. In other words, get my dungeons out of the way, then pvp or WvW which are also decent income.

Honestly, there’s a huge question that comes to my mind. What do you need gold for? Or I guess, what do you want gold for?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Posted by: Arsi.8342

Arsi.8342

just play the game and the gold will come as a byproduct.
Enjoy every aspect of the game is my advice for long term motivation… what do you need the gold for? buying skins ? and than go farming again? cool if you like it but why not just playing the game and you will be surprised how much gold you gain if you dont think about it and just play the game

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Ok Lockon here is the secret.

Go play the trading post. If you can, get your guild together and manipulate the market like Team Legacy did when the game first launched. That should net you a lot of coin and screw as many people in the community as possible. If you want to do it legit just watch items on 3rd party sites that track those sort of things.

This should help you get started:

Track Profit Margins:
http://www.tpcalc.com/

Historical and Current Market Analysis:
http://www.gw2spidy.com/

lol TL.

That brings back memories.

Good ol TL vs Titan

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Lol! Prophet……….nope

This^

As a rule of thumb, I do 2 dungeon paths a day and then whatever I find the most fun. In other words, get my dungeons out of the way, then pvp or WvW which are also decent income.

Honestly, there’s a huge question that comes to my mind. What do you need gold for? Or I guess, what do you want gold for?

Well, personally, I want gold to buy gems and use those gems to improve my account? Also, I can get guild influence with gold, right, and will use it for that too.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Lol! Prophet……….nope

This^

Well, personally, I want gold to buy gems and use those gems to improve my account? Also, I can get guild influence with gold, right, and will use it for that too.

Ok, I gotcha. Well heck dude, I totally understand that, but I’d say just have fun! Try some pvp, they have a great new reward track for that!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

Its been past 8 months since I last logged into the game. Today I decided to play again and one thing that I have noticed is the decrease of Gold gain in dungeons. Back then running dungeons was a great thing to do but now at most you’d get 1 Gold Secured per run ( not including the other items such as drops etc ) at most you’d really just get 2g or less per run.

I feel awkward asking or even saying this but what or how do you gain gold ( not by buying from other people ) in this game at the current time? ANET seems to be removing a lot of the Gold Sink ( minus the Trade Post registration fee ) but there’s no clear window as to where would one get their gold from. I’m not asking for a place or what not where you’d get rich almost instantly but what I want to know is how does one earn gold in this game now that ANET just keeps hammering and stomping areas where players would get gold legitimately ?

I make about 10g a frac run. 24-30g selling spots in Arah paths. Play the TP there are tons of guides out there.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

Posted by: Lockon.5312

Lockon.5312

I don’t exactly have the time now to focus on the TP route. At most I run Ascalon Dungeon path 1-2-3 on three characters then path 1 and 2 of Citadel of Flame on three characters again. Overall with the flat definite 1g per run I get 15g flat secured on all of it ( this does not include the loots etc ).

8 months ago, I was doing the same runs but getting better trade for the same time spent. As for playing the TP, like what I said earlier, I don’t have the time to play the TP anymore unlike when I started the game wherein I was hunting the ore nodes, chopping wood and salvaging things left and right for materials and selling the ones that are in huge demand etc.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

sPvP may not be a half bad to profit if you’re good at it. It won’t beat the old champ farm runs, but it’s a hell of a lot more fun. =P

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

Get yourself a good world boss timer and farm world bosses. every boss means at least 1 rare item. You can sell most of them for 40s or salvage them intro ectoplasm (0-3 ectos per item) Some WB are really quick to kill, others take some time, but in most cases you can simply press 1 button and go do other stuff on your pc, make some food, laundry or whatever you want to do during 5-10 minutes of fight. Other option is to do Frostgorge Sounds champ train. Juts go to Frostgorge and ask where train is if there is no commander and learn champion rotation.

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

You don’t now.

The only way to get gold at a reasonable (and legal) rate now is to exchange real world money for gems and then gems for gold.

Well considering I make upwards of 20g still per temple run and much more than that on the trading post, this post I am quoting is incorrect.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Prophet.6257

You don’t now.

Well considering I make upwards of 20g still per temple run and much more than that on the trading post, this post I am quoting is incorrect.

You make more than 20 gold per run? And Anet nerfed Champion farming b/c it was OP… makes sense.

Guess I need to just do that from now on.

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

I don’t exactly have the time now to focus on the TP route. At most I run Ascalon Dungeon path 1-2-3 on three characters then path 1 and 2 of Citadel of Flame on three characters again. Overall with the flat definite 1g per run I get 15g flat secured on all of it ( this does not include the loots etc ).

8 months ago, I was doing the same runs but getting better trade for the same time spent. As for playing the TP, like what I said earlier, I don’t have the time to play the TP anymore unlike when I started the game wherein I was hunting the ore nodes, chopping wood and salvaging things left and right for materials and selling the ones that are in huge demand etc.

Doing the same dungeon paths multiple times may or may not be worth it now. There is some contention in the wording of the update of getting your gold only once per day per path. You can always do the champ train and hope for some t6 mats or a good exotic, Fractals are a mildly good option, and world event trains are generally very profitable. Whenever the next season of LS comes out you can farm that with everyone and make some money there, as well. Trading laurels for t6 mats will most likely always be a very simple way of turning your daily log into a bit of cashola, as well.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

OP: First off, the core of this game is the gem-store. The only “end game” in GW2 is gold. The majority of the game is structured around creating an environment of lacking, in order to create psychological pressure on players in an effort to get them to crack open their wallets and buy gems with real cash.

Once you accept that, a lot more becomes clear as to why things are done the way they are done in GW2.

Best path to making gold is spending real world money. Every other path is slowly being nerfed into oblivion.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Swipe your credit card and convert gems into gold.

That’s the only ANet approved way of earning gold in this game.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The people who say you can’t make gold in this game obviously don’t know how to make gold in this game.

It’s like asking a beggar how to be rich.

If anet keeps up what they’re doing to world bosses and extends it to other meta events and open world events, even you wont be able to make money off the trade post. No one would even have money to buy things with.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

aside from playing the TP:
guild commendations: ~15g from 1 hour once/week
dungeons: ~12g from 2 hours once/day
world bosses/temples: ~75s from 10 minutes x ~12 bosses = 9g in 2 hours once/day
so that’s 162g in 29 hours every week
you’ll get Dawn in one month.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

ive recently started going for gold and tbh 90% of my income has been through farming different sources, this includes dungeons/fractals/SPconversion/metas/orrchains and the last ten percent is yes you guessed it, the TP ( no im not as good as the 1% :P)

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

Its a sad day when an MMO like guild wars has the majority of players telling people to play the TP. people hated EVE because it was “spreadsheet online” and from what I am seeing, GW2 is heading that way. Staring at item prices and buying low, selling high, just playing the market in general is what gave EVE a bad rep to casuals, why do you have to play the TP to make money now?

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I made 280 gold last night in 3 seconds

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

The more ppl try to make money flipping on the TP the smaller the spread between the highest and lowest prices and this helps casuals.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Gold from Dungeons was increased since then. You get a guaranteed 1 Gold 30 silver from CoF path 1 for example.

What was nerfed was (1) previous, a lot of the guaranteed gold and tokens disappears if you run a dungeon path more than once a day, (2) Silver dropped from bosses seems o have decreased, and (3) the comically large pop up chests are on some sort of timer and don’t pop up if you have done the dungeon recently.

Farm something else. Still plenty of good farms out there, or just do different dungeons/different paths.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

You don’t now.

oh yea?! are you sure u don’t make 200g per minute?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

They did not reduce the amount of gold you get from dungeons, not sure where you heard that. AC all paths yield 1.5g, Arah paths are 3g. Plus whatever you get in drops.

Dungeon running is a fantastic way to make money in this game. Especially if you learn to do it quickly.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If you want to make quick money and you have a lot of Skillpoints, then craft rusttooth. Rust tooth is very cheap to make, cost less then 1g for materials(excluding Eldritch scrolls). After that, salvage Rusttooth for Sigil of force and sell the sigil that cost 7.5g-8g!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rusttooth

Very quick profit.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

the fastest way in ANY game to obtain gold – play @ auction.

Posted by: Dabis.6240

Dabis.6240

Buy gems > convert to gold > become rich in less than 10 minutes.