How to get Laurals.

How to get Laurals.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dovahkiin.8194

dovahkiin.8194

So it used to be that if you completed the daily you would get a laural. But with the new daily you dont get one. So how do you get laurals now? I know you can get them from the login rewards and you get one ever 500AP but this is really really really slow.

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

they are split up into several daily login rewards, each chest that rewards it gives an increasing amount of laurels, so the first will give 1, and other will give 10. I believe there is a total of 35 laurels in the 28 day cycle with a choice of more in one of the chests. When you recieve the login reward you can browse all the rewards in that panel that pops up. Have fun.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

You can get them faster over time by logging in (and choosing laurels as your final item just a few times every “month”). They are pretty heavily backloaded though. Laurels are also available every day from the Wintersday daily.

I hope this thread stays factual and doesn’t turn political.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Here is the schedule for laurel rewards from daily login.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Login_rewards

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Login_rewards

Actually, with the new reward system, you earn 35 laurels every 28 days (1.25/day,) whereas the old system would only get you 1/day. The laurels are clumped together now, but overall you earn them faster for logging in that you ever did for doing dailies.

If you choose the laurels from the Chest of Loyalty (day 28 reward,) that number goes up to 55 laurels every 28 days, or nearly 2 laurels a day. It might feel slow on non-laurel days, but you’re still earning them faster over time.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

You can get them faster over time by logging in (and choosing laurels as your final item just a few times every “month”). They are pretty heavily backloaded though. Laurels are also available every day from the Wintersday daily.

I’m not sure what you mean by “political” – maybe you mean that you hope people won’t offer their opinion on the new system?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

How to get Laurals.

Dave.2536

I’m not sure what you mean by “political” – maybe you mean that you hope people won’t offer their opinion on the new system?

Not in this thread, no.

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

OP was asking about new laurel acquisition not opinions about the new daily system, pretty sure thats what he means by political

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m sure all the people who have been playing since Beta and spent money in the Gem shop but aren’t able to login every day appreciate that Anet doesn’t consider them “Loyal”. I know I do.

You don’t have to log in everyday to stay on the reward schedule. It doesn’t reset if you miss a day or 3, or 5 or 10 days. Under the old system people that could not login everyday didn’t get laurels everyday either.

Edit: I see you edited your post.

The Burninator

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I’m sure all the people who have been playing since Beta and spent money in the Gem shop but aren’t able to login every day appreciate that Anet doesn’t consider them “Loyal”. I know I do.

You don’t have to log in everyday to stay on the reward schedule. It doesn’t reset if you miss a day or 3, or 5 or 10 days. Under the old system people that could not login everyday didn’t get laurels everyday either.

Edit: I see you edited your post.

Yea, I misunderstood the process at first.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s not really that backloaded. But their are dry spells.

Day 2 – 1 laurel – 1 total ( 1 less than old system)
Day 7 – 10 laurels – 11 total ( 4 more than old system)
Day 9 – 2 laurels – 13 total ( 4 more than old system)
Day 16 – 3 laurels – 16 total ( 0 more than old system)
Day 21 – 15 laurels – 31 total ( 10 more than old system)
Day 23 – 4 laurels – 35 total ( 12 more than old system)

Another way to look at it is a running difference per day

Day 1: -1
Day 2: -1
Day 3: -2
Day 4: -3
Day 5: -4
Day 6: -5
Day 7: +4
Day 8: +3
Day 9: +4
Day 10: +3
Day 11: +2
Day 12: +1
Day 13: +0
Day 14: -1
Day 15: -2
Day 16: 0
Day 17: -1
Day 18: -2
Day 19: -3
Day 20: -4
Day 21: +10
Day 22: +9
Day 23: +12
Day 24: +11
Day 25: +10
Day 26: +9
Day 27: +8
Day 28: +7 or +27 if you take laurels as your end of cycle reward.

So of the 28 days, 12 days you are lagging behind the old system split 7/5 between first two weeks and last two weeks.

Okay slightly backloaded in terms of lagging behind the old system.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

How to get Laurals.

Dave.2536

Some people did get the old 10 monthly laurels very quickly, so the differences may come up there. I suppose the argument made here is that the old system allowed you to frontload the laurels heavily if you wanted to. (Although we technically began the 28 day cycle half a month after Dec 1, some players may still perceive it as half a month before Jan 1)

Players may also have a negative perception of the general “chunking” of the laurels (perhaps this was a better word, although you can definitely say they are backloaded with how many come near the end).

What we’re seeing here is mainly the mild “panic” phase in that first 5-15 days (counting up to 15 days because of the 10 from monthly completion).

How to get Laurals.

Posted by: Catslock.3074

Catslock.3074

At the current time of this post you can also receive laurels from doing the winters day daily