How to get gear in guild wars

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blasterx.3486

Blasterx.3486

Hey everyone, Im new to the game and was wondering if you guys know how to get pink/purple gear the fastest? I have full level 80 boost gear which is ascended which I assume isn’t that good. Any help would be great!

Posted by: Pax.3548

Pax.3548

the quality of the items goes this way: white<blue<green<yellow<orange<pink/purple. Where white items are the “worse” stuff, and the pink/purple are the best ones (pink or red stand for ascended items, purple for legendary items, both of them have the SAME stats, difference is that with the legendary items you can change its type of stats (for example: you can change berserker stats to soldier stats). If you have ascended stuff then you already have the best quality items.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You have Exotic gear, which is more than good enough for most of the game. One should learn the mechanics and features of the game before worrying about getting Ascended gear.

Still, you can get Ascended Trinkets/Backpieces rather easily in the new maps, if you can survive there, as a newbie.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

For a beginner, exotic (orange) gear is the go-to. Exotic gear is only slightly worse than the best gear in game (ascended or legendary, which are equally good) and is rather easy to get. With the level 80 boost you should’ve gotten exotic gear, since that boost is supposed to give you everything you need at lvl 80.

Imo the problem with the boost gear doesn’t lie with it’s quality, but it’s stat combination. Most people you see running around probably wear a combination of 3 offensive stats. Watching them kill stuff in seconds, you probably feel that they are way more powerful than you. On the other side you can currently take way more damage than they can. You can get most stat combinations cheaply on the trading post. In earlier times I would’ve suggested you run some dungeons to get the stat combinations you want, but since dungeons are dead…

Once you have a complete exotic set, you can go for ascended trinkets. You can get the amulet from the laurel vendor, rings are cheapest if you do some low-level fractals and buy them for pristine fractal relics, and accessories are best aquired via guild-tokens. Look for a friendly guild and join their weekly guild-missions, and you can get about one accessory every two weeks.

When you have familiarized yourself with your class and you’ve gotten the ascended trinkets, you can look into ascended crafting. Crafting is still the most reliable way to get ascended weapons and armor. However it’s also really expensive. I suggest you start with an ascended weapon, since that will have the biggest impact on your combat. Then you go for an armor. As the last piece you can look for an ascended backpack. Last time I’ve checked, backpacks had the worst stat-gain / money-spent ratio. You don’t need to bother with an aqua breather. Even playing without one is completely viably, since ANet has given up on underwater content and combat.

One last tip for rings and accessories: You can only wear the same ring (or accessory) once! For example you can not wear two “Ring of Red Death” at the same time.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

In case you haven’t seen it, the OP in this thread has some very good info on gear -

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/The-Difference-Between-Ascended-Exotic-Gear/first#post6597075

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

For now I recommend sticking with exotic equipment. Ascended equipment is either a very rare drop in specific areas (some of which require you to already have some ascended equipment to play), or it comes from long, complicated or expensive achievements or needs to be crafted, which is also expensive and time-gated. It’s designed to be a long-term goal.

Before you start working on that it’d be well worth finding out which areas of the game you’re going to focus on, how you’re going to play your character and therefore what build and stat combination you need. Otherwise you risk spending all that time and money making something that’s not even any good for you and you’ll have to spend more to change it.

Exotic is fine for the vast majority of things (and your equipment quality doesn’t matter at all in PvP) so it’s not like you’ll be handicapped while you’re deciding.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Hey everyone, Im new to the game and was wondering if you guys know how to get pink/purple gear the fastest? I have full level 80 boost gear which is ascended which I assume isn’t that good. Any help would be great!

The level 80 boost (80 is the max) will give you all the level rewards so you will have exotics after it. If you want something different (a different set of stats maybe) you can grind for it or just buy gold with your credit card/paypal.

Ascended (pretty much the same as legendary except for skins) is not hugely better. If you want it though it is gold and time.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

As the last piece you can look for an ascended backpack. Last time I’ve checked, backpacks had the worst stat-gain / money-spent ratio. You don’t need to bother with an aqua breather. Even playing without one is completely viably, since ANet has given up on underwater content and combat.

Bitterfrost has probably changed that, especially if you have LS3 home nodes and nothing else to spend the unbound magic/berries on. As to the aquamasks, get at least exotics (although I think it is in the level-up and/or boost maybe?) so you have something to stick the 6th armor upgrade on as your helm will disappear underwater.