How to gift GW2 to Multiple friends?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Harakael.5830

Harakael.5830

Hi everybody,

I just got a group of friends convinced on coming to gw2 with lil gift acounts going,

Is there any safe way of only using my email to buy 4-5 copies and then gift them?

tyvm on advance

:3

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

When you buy from the official site, they send you an email with a serial code. Simply give the code to your friend and they can register the account in their name.

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I made a post about this a little while ago as well:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-gift-GW2/first#post4688309

the response was:

Yes, there is a way to gift a copy of Guild Wars 2. The steps that blue outlined are accurate:

• Purchase the game through the in-game store
  • Upon receive of your purchase confirmation e-mail, relay that intact (with serial code unused) to your intended gift recipient. (Hint: Check the recipient e-mail address carefully.)
  • Your gifted friend or family member creates the account with the serial code that you sent him or her.
Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Harakael.5830

Harakael.5830

Hey thats great!! tyvm Zietlogik, so i just use (O) ingame shop and buy game?! i had never noticed that :P

Ima go check it after work i hope i have everyone dl the game this weekend!!!

And cya in the battlefields

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

This sounds wrong. I’m pretty sure you can’t buy the game from the GW2 INGAME gem store. That doesn’t even make sense. To have the option to buy a game you are already part of, not to mention if you were to gift ingame the friend would already have to be ingame to recieve the gift.

Also that response was 4 months old and still seems wrong.

I’m sure she mistyped it and meant from the GW2 store on the website > http://buy.guildwars2.com/

Because the only thing available in the ingame store is the “digital deluxe UPGRADE”