How to make Arena Net listen to you.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Stop buying gems from the gem store, then they’ll definitely listen to the community.

Or quit. And come to the forums to read all the QQ and not be affected by it.
Take up knitting. It’s a fun hobby.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Stop buying gems from the gem store, then they’ll definitely listen to the community.

Given the NCSoft financial report, it’s clear less and less people are buying gems….they still aren’t listening though.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Given the NCSoft financial report, it’s clear less and less people are buying gems….they still aren’t listening though.

The last quarter contained the launch of both ESO and Wildstar. One would think Anet was expecting less gem sales. All part of doing business.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

‘How to make Arena Net listen to you’

quit

Kinda counter-productive, no?

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

i stopped that almost two years ago (helloween).

it isnt that hard either, most of the stuff in the gemstore is ugly garbage that i wouldnt buy anyway.

but well, so far it didnt work.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Protoavis.9107

The last quarter contained the launch of both ESO and Wildstar. One would think Anet was expecting less gem sales. All part of doing business.

It also included the chinese launch….ie a brand new market, $$$ was still down from the previous quarter without the chinese market.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

It would work if it was done massively by those who buy big amount of gems, not if done by those who buy gems with gold and spend 10$ once x year :P

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

How I feel is that Anet feels they can make any change they want because they’ll always have a certain amount of “loyal” players who will play no matter what. Why appeal to them when you can make changes to appeal to newcomers who are just coming in and more willing to gemstore?

The loyal vets will stay anyway so we can give 2 kittens about them.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It also included the chinese launch….ie a brand new market, $$$ was still down from the previous quarter without the chinese market.

Chinese stuff went into royalties as far as I know, not the same category. That’s because the company that runs China has to be held separately. Essentially Anet licences the game to them and they give Anet royalties on it, since western companies can’t sell games in China. It’s how the structure is set up.

Considering the game is two years old, the report is pretty healthy actually.

Posted by: Yenrah.8532

Yenrah.8532

I did stop buying gems the moment they introduced Megaserver. I was like, “I will buy gems again whenever maps become less overcrowded”. Convinced friends to do the same.
I want gems. I want Anet to take my money. But all they do is making things worse and kicking me from any map that becomes comfortably poputated (means NO ZERG EVERY CORNER).
No gems for me anytime soon…

Posted by: Player.2475

Player.2475

Scientists have been working hard to find a way to get Anet to listen to their community. They stopped after 2 years and unanimously agreed that solving world hunger, curing all illnesses, stopping crime and wars for ever, eternal life, colonizing the galaxy after saving the planet and making the world a better place on every conceivable level combined is easier than getting Anet to listen to their players.

They just have that “haters gonna hate” attitude. The people who disagree with their changes are kitteny trolls and flamers, people who cannot deal with change. Whereas those players who give Anet’s poo-spewing buttocks juicy kisses no matter how much poo hits them in the face, those are the real players. Those are the real metric.

This is a T-rated game. Not a simulator on how the world would treat you if you had a learning disability.
Even my 6-year-old cousin could figure everything out on his own with the old system, including traits starting at 11.

This is a T-rated MMO, not a point-and-click adventure for 5-year-olds.
That’s how GW2 ends; not with a bang, but a whimper.

Protoavis.9107

Chinese stuff went into royalties as far as I know, not the same category. That’s because the company that runs China has to be held separately. Essentially Anet licences the game to them and they give Anet royalties on it, since western companies can’t sell games in China. It’s how the structure is set up.

Considering the game is two years old, the report is pretty healthy actually.

The report specifically mentions that GW2 isn’t as down as far as they expected because of China, it was being included in the GW2 figures.