How to pick a main?

How to pick a main?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

i want to become active again but i cant choose a main.
(im on of those people that has to have a main)
honestly i like the flavor of all the classes but i really care about being viable in almost every game mode as i like to play a little in every game mode.

How to pick a main?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

being viable in almost every game mode

screams ele to me. pretty sure they’re a choice for most groups doing most things.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Warrior is the most viable in every game mode because;

1. For the first 75% its easy to elarn, another 20% experience to master, and only 5% more for the pros.
  2. Extremele adaptive and viable

Elementalists are in the same position. Very adaptable, but a bit more complex, so it all hinges on how fast you can learn a class. Whichever you choose, know that half the power is experience. An experienced class A can beat any meta with less experience

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

How to pick a main…

it’s 2016, past November 8, the world has gotten a greater issue than how to choose what is obvious based on personal preference…

make a few toons, play all of them, see which one you like the most, make it your main, “problem” solved.

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

If it’s only about viability in most game modes, then the strongest picks are probably Ele and Mesmer.

But really, if I were you I’d choose whatever you find most fun. There’s no point in being viable in a game mode if you aren’t having fun while doing it, and this is a game at the end of the day.

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Choose a class you know very well! If you know your class, there won’t be a problem in most game modes…

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This might only work if you’re new to the game but the way I picked my main was to make all the professions I was interested in playing and then each time I logged in I’d pick the one I felt like playing. It started off roughly equal but very quickly I found myself spending more time on one than the others, so she became my main.

(I have to admit I had a fairly good idea before I started that would be the case, I’d played GW1 and the betas so I had a decent idea of what I was going to enjoy, but I didn’t want to commit to anything, at first I wasn’t going to have a main, but it became obvious that was the case.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Warrior is the most viable in every game mode because;

1. For the first 75% its easy to elarn, another 20% experience to master, and only 5% more for the pros.
  2. Extremele adaptive and viable

Elementalists are in the same position. Very adaptable, but a bit more complex, so it all hinges on how fast you can learn a class. Whichever you choose, know that half the power is experience. An experienced class A can beat any meta with less experience

Warriors also get a lot more variation in builds, meanwhile whenever elementalists are viable in each game mode, it’s most often with the exact same build the whole game over.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

You can never go wrong with Elementalist. As for gear, you can never go wrong with equipping ur Ele with Celestial ascended gear.

Whatever you pick, don’t pick Revenant, unless u like nerfs.

How to pick a main?

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I main Rev and have since HoT released. i love her to bits

How to pick a main?

Posted by: GreenZap.1352

GreenZap.1352

Druid druid druid !!! With staff! !

Zayn Al’Sabaan
Elonian sword-dancer, poet and bard