How to play FOTM if you can't join overflow?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sdragon.7605

sdragon.7605

Today I joined a group to do a FOTM 5 run, after like 30mins waiting, finally we got 5 members, then all of sudden, I found I couldn’t go go an overflow. Then I have relogged at LA like 15 mins, then I finally quit and left the group. With the huge drop in population after FOTM, It’s getting more and more diffcult to go to overflow for cross sever FOTM grinding. Anet, FOTM might not be a total failure at the beginning, but now it’s a completely failure. Evidence? Overflow was such a common place before, but now it’s not a must even in LA in a not so peak hour. The Gold/GEM ratio dropped to around one third in around 1 month. That’s so ironic…………
If you don’t fix the system quickly, I think no more overflow is necessary. Well, It might be good for some people………..

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I don’t think I’ve ever been in LA without going to overflow first, what the heck time were you playing? 3am?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Did you try the usual right-click join party member? I’ve played at odd hours and not been able to relog/zone to get into the overflow, but as long as one party member is, you should be fine.

I did see a party member run into a glitch where they appeared on our minimap in the overflow, but he/she wasn’t actually there and wouldn’t get the popup to join the dungeon. If that’s what happened, just try finding another group. I suspect it might have been a regional glitch (US vs EU), but who knows…

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

sdragon.7605

I don’t think I’ve ever been in LA without going to overflow first, what the heck time were you playing? 3am?

played at the time just before I made this post.

sdragon.7605

Did you try the usual right-click join party member? I’ve played at odd hours and not been able to relog/zone to get into the overflow, but as long as one party member is, you should be fine.

I did see a party member run into a glitch where they appeared on our minimap in the overflow, but he/she wasn’t actually there and wouldn’t get the popup to join the dungeon. If that’s what happened, just try finding another group. I suspect it might have been a regional glitch (US vs EU), but who knows…

Of course I tried right-click……I pointed on every member of the grp, just no luck………..

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

… just try finding another group. …

He’d already wasted half an hour of his time and ~ half an hour of everybody else in the group’s time. That’s two and a half total hours players spent standing there spamming LFM. Not counting the time it takes them to fill his vacant spot, hoping the person that fills the spot doesn’t end up in the same situation.

This one problem that’s been around since launch created a bad experience for a potentially very large number of players. Because only one person in five has to be affected by it to ruin the game session for everybody. His complaint is valid your find another group solution is not.

(edited by Olfinbedwere.5049)

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I had this once…we all entered the dungeon)separately) and then exited, ending up in the same overflow. It seems to automatch parties on the same channel after you go out, so…yeah…