How to show new players that I'm a veteran?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lajnen.8513

Lajnen.8513

So I’ve been playing this game since day 1, I am a true pioneer of this community, problem is that my character is only level 40. You see these new players think they’re better than me, but just because I’m low level doesn’t mean that they can treat me like it, after all I played this game before them.

I want an option to display my dominance over these newbiez, preferably a title like ‘’Day 1 Overlord’’.

I’m cooler than a cooler.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

If you want to show that you’re a vet: get to level 80, craft a Legendary, wave it in their face. That’s it.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Talk with Birthday Vendor in LA and display your “Veteran” title.
That is the closest you can display, maybe that cap we got in the beginning of the game, it is kinda ugly imo but still really old displayable item.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The Liadri mini is a good tool for that.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

The Liadri mini is a good tool for that.

Ya know aside from all the people who just life leeched her to death rather than atleast having the decency to Fear me Fgs rush her >.>

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Im also a “from day 1” player.

Always rep the latest anniversary title (currently “Veteran”).

Wear something that looks good, but isn’t tacky. Any fool can craft a Twilight and walk around like they’ve accomplished something, but what takes real skill in this game is making yourself look like the type of girl that people don’t want to mess with. I walk through cities in the game, and see the tacky outfits with legendaries galore and constant flashy effects, but niche items like the “Of The Mists” weapons and the Spirit Weapons, with humble, yet stylish armours are a good way to get the message across. “I am a better catwalk warrior than you.”. With the anniversary titles, this really gives off the vibe: “Gurl. I could wear a tacky paper-texture legendary, but I don’t want to, because im better than that.”

FashionWars2. Embrace it. The only way to show you’re a veteran, is to dress like one.

Lajnen.8513

If you want to show that you’re a vet: get to level 80, craft a Legendary, wave it in their face. That’s it.

Sounds good, I like to stunt’ on l0wbiez, how long does it take?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

So I’ve been playing this game since day 1, I am a true pioneer of this community, problem is that my character is only level 40. You see these new players think they’re better than me, but just because I’m low level doesn’t mean that they can treat me like it, after all I played this game before them.

I want an option to display my dominance over these newbiez, preferably a title like ‘’Day 1 Overlord’’.

curious. If you’ve been playing since day 1, how is it you are only level 40?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Have a legendary doesn’t show at all that you are a veteran, if you want you can just buy it from TP and done.
OP wants to show that his account is old, not that he is experienced.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

2.5 years and a whole lot of luck.

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

“I want an option to display my dominance over these newbiez, preferably a title like ‘’Day 1 Overlord’’.”

You should probably take a break from playing this particular computer game for a while and get your priorities straight.
: – )

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

You can’t be a veteran, if you’ve never maxed, and experienced lvl 80 content, sorry, even if you played day one. I also played day one, have 4 80s, no legendaries, and i missed out on alot of the events, that was held in the past.

Proud TTS member

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

You could display your “Champion of the Gods” title.

Oh? you don’t have that one?, you’re no vet then. sry

Lajnen.8513

curious. If you’ve been playing since day 1, how is it you are only level 40?

Got hacked by some chinese kitten not long after I started playing, I think I waited like a year before I decided to get my account back.

2.5 years and a whole lot of luck.

Ain’t nobody got time for that!

“I want an option to display my dominance over these newbiez, preferably a title like ‘’Day 1 Overlord’’.”

You should probably take a break from playing this particular computer game for a while and get your priorities straight.
: – )

New player detected.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

How to show new players that I’m a veteran?

Uninstall

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Got hacked by some chinese kitten not long after I started playing, I think I waited like a year before I decided to get my account back.

So the whole ‘played since day 1’ thing is pretty much irrelevant since you didn’t play for a whole year after your account was hacked.

Just sayin’…….

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Im also a “from day 1” player.

Always rep the latest anniversary title (currently “Veteran”).

Wear something that looks good, but isn’t tacky. Any fool can craft a Twilight and walk around like they’ve accomplished something, but what takes real skill in this game is making yourself look like the type of girl that people don’t want to mess with. I walk through cities in the game, and see the tacky outfits with legendaries galore and constant flashy effects, but niche items like the “Of The Mists” weapons and the Spirit Weapons, with humble, yet stylish armours are a good way to get the message across. “I am a better catwalk warrior than you.”. With the anniversary titles, this really gives off the vibe: “Gurl. I could wear a tacky paper-texture legendary, but I don’t want to, because im better than that.”

FashionWars2. Embrace it. The only way to show you’re a veteran, is to dress like one.

The seedy underground world of GW2 fashion sounds kind of scary, I think I’ll take it casually and just do some pvp instead.

Kash
NSP

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

So the whole ‘played since day 1’ thing is pretty much irrelevant since you didn’t play for a whole year after your account was hacked.

Just sayin’…….

Somebody was playing it though lol

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i dont really think anyone cares….
i mean, do you actually see newbie ask you question because you are veteran or just because you happen to there?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

You could display your “Champion of the Gods” title.

Oh? you don’t have that one?, you’re no vet then. sry

How does being a vet GW1 player make you a vet GW2 player? Different games, sorry doesn’t really work.

@OP
The birthday items or maybe the celebration hat, or bunneh ears ~

Overall I seriously don’t see why you would care about this though.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

i dont really think anyone cares….

This.

The Burninator

Posted by: Kaede.9314

Kaede.9314

Use Emissary of the Mad King title? Not sure if you could have gotten it at 40, though.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I don’t think you can call yourself a veteran simply by age of account alone. The fact that you aren’t lvl 80 means you haven’t experienced a whole bunch of content, whereas a guy with a 6 month old account might have a lot more tangible experience than you have.

Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about it. Like people said, doubt anyone really cares that much.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

This comes off as ego stroking. What, is nobody listening to you sage advice?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Well, if you’re a true veteran and horder, you should have the Celebration Hat. Use that as the skin for your helmet.

Be prepared for people to ask where you got it.

Failing that, the Emissary of the Mad King title is a good option.

Although, I wouldn’t really call you a veteran if you haven’t hit level 80. Since, y’know. that means you obviously haven’t done much of anything in the game.

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

A Grawl must know

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

JustTrogdor.7892

The OP has all of 700 achievement points. So I’d say OP, your best bet if you want to be considered a veteran is to play the game, mature a little bit and stop worrying about what other “newbies” think of you.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

You’re not a veteran, you played the game for a week most likely before your account got hacked, and then it apparently took you a year to recover it?

Your account was being used by a chinese gold farmer? Your account would have more than a level 40 on it.
My friends account got hacked 2 weeks after release and his character went from being level 32 to 80.

Chances are you picked up the game recently in a sale and are fed up of being kicked from groups asking for experienced and level 80 players only so you came to the forums to make this meaningless thread.

Or.. You’re just a troll.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Bad troll is bad.

OP, you sound like a complete clown. I don’t normally like comments like “Go back to WoW,” but I think for once this thread actually suits it. People who are new, or low level, should not be treated poorly or have “dominance” lorded over them by more experienced players.

You are ridiculous, and the fact that you’re even asking what a sign of experience and skill even is, makes you more ridiculous. Every word you say just demonstrates that you are a “newbie” yourself.

Picking the game up at launch, then leaving and coming back years later without a clue about what’s going on or how the game works, does not make you a “pioneer.” What a joke.

Lajnen.8513

Bad troll is bad.

OP, you sound like a complete clown. I don’t normally like comments like “Go back to WoW,” but I think for once this thread actually suits it. People who are new, or low level, should not be treated poorly or have “dominance” lorded over them by more experienced players.

You are ridiculous, and the fact that you’re even asking what a sign of experience and skill even is, makes you more ridiculous. Every word you say just demonstrates that you are a “newbie” yourself.

Picking the game up at launch, then leaving and coming back years later without a clue about what’s going on or how the game works, does not make you a “pioneer.” What a joke.

See this is the kind of behavior a veteran like me shouldn’t have to deal with.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

This thread is a joke.

Or, at least, I hope it is…

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

JustTrogdor.7892

Bad troll is bad.

You are not funny even if you think you are.

Attachments:

The Burninator

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

“Go back to WoW,”

hah prolly more like order and chaos online where lvl1 newbies are stalked and with the right timing can cover the loot screen with a duel meeeee screen and waste a newbie before he even realizes. Plus it’s a 100% p2w, sooo…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Bad troll is bad.

ROFL. A veteran would know how long it takes to make a Legendary. No AP, no forum posts other than this thread, no knowledge. /shm

What is needed is a title that proclaims ‘I bought the game long ago, but have little play experience – be in awe!’

Good luck.

Posted by: Cookieftw.1843

Cookieftw.1843

Troll’s first ever thread.
Still have lots to learn.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

look at the past achievement of the living story season 1, and use the first title available, if any….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

A true veteran wouldn’t need to ask this question… on the assumption you’re actually a new player with a dusty account, I’ll give you some pointers:

• Achievement Points – Story completion, PvE, crafting, and frequent completion of the dailies will net you some points for your account.
  • Map Complete – Achieve 100% map complete on a character and a golden star will appear next to their name. While not worth a lot, it will at least show that you’ve actually put some time into playing the game.
  • Titles – “Been There, Done That” or “Dungeon Master” or “The Sunbringer” are some titles that you can display on your nameplate to show-off your devotion. Titles that require skill are the best for this. You also get a title for every 5000AP you receive.
  • Rare Armor Sets – Dungeon armor, Carapace armor, or even an Ascended Backpack will be a good start. If you’re more into the PvP side of things, Glorious armor is the way to go. These will show you have worked hard to claim your rewards. Cash Shop armor only shows how much money you’ve spent; those don’t count for anything.
  • MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: Good Attitude – A heroic veteran helps new players, and leads their teammates to victory. A patient and helpful attitude can go a long way. Even in the face of verbal abuse, a mature player does not lower himself to the level of his attackers, and instead deals with the issue in a calm manner. Once you’re more well-versed with the game, perhaps you can try being the leader/officer within a guild, or even a commander on WvW? It is a tough role to take on, and will probably lead to people arguing with you on occasion, but if you are truly good at this game, it is a position that players will respect and maybe even compliment you on.
Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The Above!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yes, Illustrious Achiever title would be an indicator of a veteran player. 25k AP. top players now at around 27k.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Bad troll is bad.

You are not funny even if you think you are.

He is actually kinda funny, since so many of you actually fell for his trolling, that in itself is hilarious.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s probably his alt account trolling for fun.

JustTrogdor.7892

He is actually kinda funny, since so many of you actually fell for his trolling, that in itself is hilarious.

I don’t think many in this thread fell for it including myself. It was pretty obvious from the get go. Some of us just chose to call him out. Anyway this thread will most likely be closed or deleted once the mods wake up so anything beyond this is pointless.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Nothing works quite as well as telling them directly.

Often.

Dont forget to use numbers in place of letters whenever possible. Single letters such as, “u,” and, “y,” in place of you and why are a must.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, you know guys, he actually is a Chronomancer from the future with the unfortunate bug (that will be discovered in a few months) where every time he uses a Mesmer skill he goes back in time. He originally was level 80 with 10,000AP but this bug is slowly wiping out his levels, his account age, everything thing he owns. Soon enough he will post his last words as his account takes another backward leap into the past.

ANet will say once they discover this bug that there is nothing they can do, because all the affected accounts are now in the past where the Devs don’t know about it. A shame. Really it is. ;-(

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

There’s a title called Veteran, lol

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

A veteran wouldn’t have. A troll, on the other hand…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Edit: Oh, OP’s a troll… well, you got me.

I’ll modify myself to say, respect is earned, shouldn’t be given just because you slap a title on. Same for commander tag, nobody is going to follow that dorito if that player doesn’t know what to do…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

(edited by Dondarrion.2748)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I believe that OP, in a very troll way, is trying to make a statement about seasoned/veteran players waving around their game experience and knowledge in arguments on the forums or ingame.

While I believe he has every right to do so. Realising that some of the people having commited a couple of thousand hours into this game might be more experienced (and others with the same amount of time being quite clueless) is more likely then someone completely new knowing all there is to know, would be a first step.

I’ll say I’ve seen 15k AP accounts make horrible mistakes, and sub 4k AP accounts play superbly. Though that certainly is not the norm.

Of corse as some called OP out on his 700 AP, that is something a more seasoned player might have expected. There you go OP, you have now learned that others can check up on your account. You have made one of your steps to being a veteran player.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I myself am a veteran and I realy don’t like players who realy brag about it and claims that they are better than new players or others. If you are a veteran, show it by helping new players if they want help. That is in my opinion the best way to show that you are a Veteran.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

As far as I know isn’t there a title called ‘Veteran’? Problem solved.